St. Mary's Schools

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Does it upset anyone else that St. Mary's county schools run from August 30 to June 20? :burning: At this rate they'll be running all year before you know it.

Let them have more than 2 months off in the summer for crap's sake!

Hot N Bothered

Originally posted by jlabsher
Does it upset anyone else that St. Mary's county schools run from August 30 to June 20? :burning: At this rate they'll be running all year before you know it.

Let them have more than 2 months off in the summer for crap's sake!
Didn't they have opportunity for parental/community input several months ago?

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Re: Re: St. Mary's Schools

Originally posted by Hot N Bothered
Didn't they have opportunity for parental/community input several months ago?

Not on this, just on the "summer school" for the low performers. And, like they would really listen, like they did in the redistricting issue. - NOT-

So your fondest memories of childhood weren't summer vacation, but school?:confused:
My kids have had a great summer vacation in the time alloted... it's time for them to get back into the school routine and hit the books again. :yay:

Pete

Repete
I am thinking that I only got off a couple months back a couple years ago when I was in school.:confused: This break was 10 weeks, thats not bad. Besides when I was a kid my folks used a different type of interactive daycare during the summer vacation...I had to work. :ohwell:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Sorry, I say let them be kids for awhile. Before you know it, they'll be punching a clock everyday like the rest of us poor schmucks.

Hot N Bothered

Re: Re: Re: St. Mary's Schools

Not on this, just on the "summer school" for the low performers. And, like they would really listen, like they did in the redistricting issue. - NOT-
I specifically remember announcements in the paper and maybe here too, requesting parental input on the school schedule for the next couple of years.

In fact, the more I think about it, there was a thread here about that, lemme look.

CMC122

Go Braves!
So your fondest memories of childhood weren't summer vacation, but school?:confused:
My fondest memories are of school. We never had a family vacation growing up, ever.

I'm with the year round schooling too. All's most of the kids do is sit around and veg out anyway:shrug:

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Originally posted by CMC122
I'm with the year round schooling too. All's most of the kids do is sit around and veg out anyway:shrug:

That is the parents fault.

In IL we started after labor day and got out before memorial day. They still do. And yes, we worked in the summer too. I think there is too much emphasis on book learnin and not enough on other learnin.

CMC122

Go Braves!
That is the parents fault.

In IL we started after labor day and got out before memorial day. They still do. And yes, we worked in the summer too. I think there is too much emphasis on book learnin and not enough on other learnin.
No crap genious.

I spent my summer working the farm. I learned alot. And appreciate it immensley. If farms were affordable I had my kids doing the same thing.

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Sorry, I say let them be kids for awhile. Before you know it, they'll be punching a clock everyday like the rest of us poor schmucks.
I'll tell my kid to be easy on your kids when they work for him. :cheers:

My 4th grader can't wait for school to start up again... she has packed, and re-packed her book bag 5 times already in anticipation...:lol:

J

jmo2676

you all should be lucky calvert starts back next week on tues they dont wait til the 30th to start like stmarys does