Thanks for nothing METCOM

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What choice do they have??

They recently finished a 2-year project to replace all the grinder pumps on the lower Piney Point and St. George Island sewage system. Had to...the original system was almost unsupportable and increasingly unreliable. I'm sure that was expensive too.

imaref

Who the hell is supposed to pay for it?

How about they decrease the astronomical salary of their part time lawyer? That would pay quite a bit of it over the course of the number of years of the low interest loan...

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Can someone explain to me why those who have a well, have to pay to hook up to the system? And if you pay the hook-up is that the end of it, until you decide to actually hook up and use it?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Can someone explain to me why those who have a well, have to pay to hook up to the system? And if you pay the hook-up is that the end of it, until you decide to actually hook up and use it?

Probably a requirement of the bondholders to pay the tap fee. Most will also require the owner to pay a benefit/front foot charge also. That's to ensure a consistent revenue stream for bond repayment.

Access to central water and/or sewer usually increases property values.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Probably a requirement of the bondholders to pay the tap fee. Most will also require the owner to pay a benefit/front foot charge also. That's to ensure a consistent revenue stream for bond repayment.

Access to central water and/or sewer usually increases property values.

Out of curiosity, how does the hook-up fee work? Is it spread out over time and added to your bill?

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
Out of curiosity, how does the hook-up fee work? Is it spread out over time and added to your bill?

It would depend and I don't know Metcom's rules.

In this case where the lines are going in and no hookup is required it's likely spread out over 10 or 20 years. If the hook up is now required for an existing house it would likely be spread out in that case also.

Now, if you're going to build new then the tap fee is likely assessed at 1/3 at time of site plan approval and 2/3 at final inspection with the U and O being issued. That cost will be rolled in to the selling price of the house.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
It would depend and I don't know Metcom's rules.

In this case where the lines are going in and no hookup is required it's likely spread out over 10 or 20 years. If the hook up is now required for an existing house it would likely be spread out in that case also.

Now, if you're going to build new then the tap fee is likely assessed at 1/3 at time of site plan approval and 2/3 at final inspection with the U and O being issued. That cost will be rolled in to the selling price of the house.
:yay: