Blue Wind gyro.......

glhs837

Power with Control
:bann::starcat::yay::yahoo::clap::getdown::jet:

Yeah, just like that.............. bleu cheese dressing on the salad pretty tasty too.

MR47930

I need to keep this place in mind more often for lunch. I went there once and had the pork sammich and it was great. It just never registers as a place to go when thinking of locations. Not sure why though. :shrug:

glhs837

Power with Control
Usually looks pretty slammed with customers, they don't have a ton of seating, and I don't associate them with fast like I'm usually after at lunchtime. Don't know if you can all stuff in to pick up though, that might work.....

Hmmm... I used to stop there often because I loved their chicken tortilla soup... best in a multi-state area. I wonder if they still have it on the menu and use the same recipe? :yum:

RPMDAD

Hmmm... I used to stop there often because I loved their chicken tortilla soup... best in a multi-state area. I wonder if they still have it on the menu and use the same recipe? :yum:

Menu says yes
Soup: 8oz $3.95 16oz 5.95
Choice of: Crab and Corn Chowder, Tomato Bisque, Chicken Tortilla, or our daily vegan/GF soup
Add Toast w/ garlic oil dipping sauce for $1.75

http://www.bluewindgourmet.com/menu/

glhs837

Power with Control
And they have added some sort of high end dessert thingy in the back area, didn't get too close but that stuff looked tasty also.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Usually looks pretty slammed with customers, they don't have a ton of seating, and I don't associate them with fast like I'm usually after at lunchtime. Don't know if you can all stuff in to pick up though, that might work.....

They take call-ahead orders for pick-up. I love Blue Wind but last couple times I've picked up some lunch, they were totally on the meh side :ohwell: especially for how pricey they are. I don't mind paying the $20-25 for lunch for 2 bc I love their flavor combinations and "gourmet" offerings, but one sandwich had zero sauce/mayo/dressing on it so it was dry, plus it was mostly bread, and my $11 salad was barely the size of a side dish and had only two tiny crumbs of goat cheese-the only other thing in the salad besides the 3 puny stalks of over-cooked asparagus. I almost always take it to go so I'm not going to call and complain about something I can't show them right at the time I notice. But I do find better results if I eat in. I'm not ready to give up yet, that gyro does sound delicious :yum:

lovinmaryland

:bann::starcat::yay::yahoo::clap::getdown::jet:

Yeah, just like that.............. bleu cheese dressing on the salad pretty tasty too.

They have blue cheese dressing :confused: I tried to get blue cheese dressing when I ordered my salad last week and they said they only have blue cheese crumbles :eyebrow:

The salad was still very tasty w/ just the crumbles and their ranch. Portion size was quite large also for the $10 price tag.

Attachments

• IMG_9401.jpg
    IMG_9401.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 418