Christie/Cruz Refuse to Abandon Trump

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Translation; "Now that it's pretty clear the SS Trump is going down, I stand to do a pretty decent job of inheriting his supporters next time if I stand here, boldly, showing commitment and grit and I'll be able to hammer anyone else who bailed."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have to give it to Cruz. I didn't think a lot of him in the primary - in fact, he was my least favorite of the GOP lineup - but he's stood up to the Republican Dons like a champ. Probably because they've always hated him too.

Which reminds me: isn't it interesting that The People narrowed it down to the two candidates - Trump and Cruz - who were the most hated by the Republican "leadership"? And, given that, the GOP STILL doesn't seem to get it. I don't know if voters can be any more clear, and yet these idiots just keep on with their nonsense.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Translation; "Now that it's pretty clear the SS Trump is going down, I stand to do a pretty decent job of inheriting his supporters next time if I stand here, boldly, showing commitment and grit and I'll be able to hammer anyone else who bailed."

How is it that this is right in front of your face, and you still don't seem to understand what's going on?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
How is it that this is right in front of your face, and you still don't seem to understand what's going on?

I don't think that's Larry. I think someone has hijacked his account, and they are posting from the DNCHQ.

philibusters

I have to give it to Cruz. I didn't think a lot of him in the primary - in fact, he was my least favorite of the GOP lineup - but he's stood up to the Republican Dons like a champ. Probably because they've always hated him too.

Which reminds me: isn't it interesting that The People narrowed it down to the two candidates - Trump and Cruz - who were the most hated by the Republican "leadership"? And, given that, the GOP STILL doesn't seem to get it. I don't know if voters can be any more clear, and yet these idiots just keep on with their nonsense.

:lol:

Cruz has a reputation for looking after Cruz. When he thought it was in his interest he gave a speech at the Republican convention where he refused to endorse Trump. After that backlash he seems to have changed course, but some of the other candidates who lost like Ben Carson and Chris Christie have been more consistent in their support of Trump.

I could see Christie being a contender for the nomination in 2020 if Trump loses. If I had to give my way too early top four contenders for 2020 I would go with Rubio, Christie, Pence, and Ryan in no particular order. Each of those four has their own strengths. Rubio: Charisma, Christie: Will get moderate vote, Pence: Appeal to traditional conservatives; and Ryan: Some charisma (though less than Rubio) also some appeal to traditional conservatives.

Hijinx

I don't think Larry is totally wrong here, but Cruz is dead as a Presidential candidate anyway

The GOP has learned nothing. They are killing themselves by not backing their candidate.
Hopefully the traitors will all be voted out next term.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Disagree with you, and agree with the premise of Gude. Trump is doing everything within his power to derail his chances. All you trump supporters need to go somewhere if and when he probably loses, right?

When Trump listens to Roger Aile's advice, he looks and sounds presidential. When he listens to others of the Breitbart clan, he looks like an ass and the NY buffoon braggart he naturally is.

tommyjo

That's a pretty decent analysis. Cruz is all about Cruz...almost as Trump is all about Trump. When Trump was behind and looked like he had no chance...Cruz said "vote your conscious"...when Trump was creeping up in the polls...magically Cruz appears from under his rock and endorses Trump. Christ his is the slimy politician VRAI and the Trumpeteers claim to hate. There is not consistency in the Trumpeteers at all...it is the entire world against them and their lunatic conspiracy theories.

As for Christie, where in the world is he going to go??? The people of NJ hate him...the prosecutors in NJ are dragging him thru the mud over the stupid bridge thing...he has NO place else to go. But for Trump his political career is over. So he sticks with Trump and hopes to get his own talk show on the Trump tinfoil hat network that will be unveiled on Nov 9 (or shortly thereafter)

So, yeah...Larry you about nailed it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't think Larry is totally wrong here, but Cruz is dead as a Presidential candidate anyway

The GOP has learned nothing. They are killing themselves by not backing their candidate.
Hopefully the traitors will all be voted out next term.

No, they're not killing themselves. They're looking after their interests. If you accept that D's and R's are, for the most part, one party with about the same meaningless differences as Coke and Pepsi or Ford and Chevy pick ups, then, you can see how Trump is a threat not just to the D's but also the R's. Everyone who is part of the establishments, the press, political functionaries, all the worker bee's, Trump represents a threat to them wherever they are on the ladder or at the trough. To MOST GOP'ers, professional ones, Hillary is, by far, the reasonable, rational choice. If Bernie were running against, say, Jeb, and Jeb was in danger, the D's would do their part to see that an establishment member, Jeb, wins.

Stop thinking of it as two opposing parties. They are only in who gets the top prizes. Otherwise, immigration, war, wall street, health care, all the major issues, they're the same party.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's a pretty decent analysis. Cruz is all about Cruz...almost as Trump is all about Trump. When Trump was behind and looked like he had no chance...Cruz said "vote your conscious"...when Trump was creeping up in the polls...magically Cruz appears from under his rock and endorses Trump. Christ his is the slimy politician VRAI and the Trumpeteers claim to hate. There is not consistency in the Trumpeteers at all...it is the entire world against them and their lunatic conspiracy theories.

As for Christie, where in the world is he going to go??? The people of NJ hate him...the prosecutors in NJ are dragging him thru the mud over the stupid bridge thing...he has NO place else to go. But for Trump his political career is over. So he sticks with Trump and hopes to get his own talk show on the Trump tinfoil hat network that will be unveiled on Nov 9 (or shortly thereafter)

So, yeah...Larry you about nailed it.

:buddies:

Hank

my war
14656376_1166513203384545_4407747765988763443_n.png

stgislander

PREMO Member
No, they're not killing themselves. They're looking after their interests. If you accept that D's and R's are, for the most part, one party with about the same meaningless differences as Coke and Pepsi or Ford and Chevy pick ups, then, you can see how Trump is a threat not just to the D's but also the R's. Everyone who is part of the establishments, the press, political functionaries, all the worker bee's, Trump represents a threat to them wherever they are on the ladder or at the trough. To MOST GOP'ers, professional ones, Hillary is, by far, the reasonable, rational choice. If Bernie were running against, say, Jeb, and Jeb was in danger, the D's would do their part to see that an establishment member, Jeb, wins.

Stop thinking of it as two opposing parties. They are only in who gets the top prizes. Otherwise, immigration, war, wall street, health care, all the major issues, they're the same party.

Great Larry... you just started the latest sh!t storm. :lol: