Information on Work at Home Jobs Requested

kayo

Does anyone know of any legitimate work at home jobs, even part-time that doesn't involve telephone solicitations or sales? Any information would be appreciated.

BernieP

Resident PIA
May I suggest searching the web - good old "google"

I've heard of people doing book work ("accounting") for small businesses, billing services, there are also companies that will pay you for "piece" work if you are handy.
It's not impossible, depends on your skill set. I wasn't trying to be mean, you should check the web, research the companies. Also check the help wanted ads in the paper and online.

Forkian

May I suggest searching the web - good old "google"

I've heard of people doing book work ("accounting") for small businesses, billing services, there are also companies that will pay you for "piece" work if you are handy.
It's not impossible, depends on your skill set. I wasn't trying to be mean, you should check the web, research the companies. Also check the help wanted ads in the paper and online.

The problem with just searching Google for "work from home jobs" is that you almost always find a bunch of scams. I think that is why Kayo was asking if anyone knew of any legitimate work at home jobs. The keyword here is "legitimate".

wubbles

Start here: https://www.reddit.com/r/mturk/ What is it? Well:

Amazon Mechanical Turk (mTurk) is a website for completing tasks for pay. The tasks vary greatly and you will find all kinds of tasks to complete, including transcription, writing, tagging, editing, content moderation, and much more. It's a cloud based data platform designed to connect people who need work done (Requesters) with people who are willing to do it (Workers).

It's a grind and you won't make a glamorous living off it but it can be some nice extra scratch every month and it is 100% legitimate that you can start today. You're not going to be making big bucks at home unless you have a very specialized skillset (art, freelance coding work, consulting). Any other "at home" job is typically multi-level marketing or totally bunk.

Other options are teleworking but those also will require a specialized skillset and you're not going to go straight into something like that most likely unless you are doing phone work.

MarieB

Does anyone know of any legitimate work at home jobs, even part-time that doesn't involve telephone solicitations or sales? Any information would be appreciated.

Lionbridge, leapforce, and one other that I'll post when I think of the name.

Another good source
http://ratracerebellion.com

There was a great forum that has since shut down. I haven't looked at it in awhile, but there is a Facebook page with former members - workplacelikehome

wahm.com is a smaller forum that also has information

kayo

That's why I was asking because I did "google". Think you find something legit and then you read on it and turns out they are scams. Thanks anyway.

kayo

Thanks Wubbles! I will check into it. Not looking to get rich, just earn some extra cash. Could possibly do some consulting work involving physical security. Thanks for the info!!!

BernieP

Resident PIA
The problem with just searching Google for "work from home jobs" is that you almost always find a bunch of scams. I think that is why Kayo was asking if anyone knew of any legitimate work at home jobs. The keyword here is "legitimate".

no doubt, but you can also research those names further to determine what is and what is not a scam.