The new Tarzan

luvmygdaughters

Has anybody seen this yet? I' am telling my age here, but, I used to love the old Tarzan tv series with Johnny Weismuller. I know this movie wont be anything like that, but wouldn't mind watching it if it isn't too terrible.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Has anybody seen this yet? I' am telling my age here, but, I used to love the old Tarzan tv series with Johnny Weismuller. I know this movie wont be anything like that, but wouldn't mind watching it if it isn't too terrible.

I have not seen it, but I know a couple of people who have, and they liked it.

stew77

I saw it at the Theater and liked it! It is very well put together, with all sorts of action and such. I think it turned out very good...in fact I just bought it on ebay, with free shipping for $7.25 (DVD and Blu Ray, & Digital) Added it to my collection. Pretty decent "love story" as such! :belvak:

Clem72

I liked the fact that it is not an origin story, it's an event that takes place in his later life with only a few flashbacks to provide background for the 4 or 5 people in the world that don't know Tarzan's story.

stew77

FYI: I have the entire Johnny Weismiller Tarzan set on remastered DVD's. A little trivia: In Tarzan goes to New York (to re acquire Boy) they show him diving off a Huge Bridge into the water. Well this part was filmed in San Francisco, off the San Francisco Bay Bridge; and he is one of the ONLY few to survive this dive. Most people die going off the bridge... He did it himself!

luvmygdaughters

Watched it over the weekend and thoroughly enjoyed it. All the characters were great but, I think the bad guy was played exceptionally well. May consider purchasing it to add to the collection.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Well this part was filmed in San Francisco, off the San Francisco Bay Bridge; and he is one of the ONLY few to survive this dive. Most people die going off the bridge... He did it himself!

Johnny Weismiller - wasn't he an Olympic Swimmer ?