Navy: Leave The Diving To Us

b23hqb

PREMO Member
What a way to ruin a weekend.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...-4-dead/ar-AAj0jWt?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

SAN DIEGO — Four people were killed and nine were injured Saturday afternoon after an out-of-control pickup truck plunged off the San Diego-Coronado Bridge and nose-dived into a crowd gathered at a festival below, authorities said.

The truck driver, who was alone in the vehicle, struck a guardrail and fell 60 feet onto a vendor's booth at Chicano Park, California Highway Patrol Officer Jake Sanchez said. He was taken to the hospital with major injuries and arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence causing deaths and injuries, the officer said.

I've been over that bridge hundreds of times, and have been at some of those festivals underneath the overpasses. Now you have to beware of flying cars and trucks.

blacklabman

I remember riding the ferry before the bridge. That was a long time ago!

What was the name of that WWII movie with the Marines riding it?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I remember riding the ferry before the bridge. That was a long time ago!

What was the name of that WWII movie with the Marines riding it?

Can't remember, but a number of times we took the Coronado ferry to the downtown area for a change of pace. I do remember paying a toll both ways on the bridge, but about 15 years ago they started only collecting $1.00 per vehicle going to Coronado (return to SD was no charge), unless you had more than one person in the car. The stories and fines of people using inflatable dolls or manaequins to avoid the toll......:lmao: