301 bridge

Roman

On a Friday, go about 11-12 noon to avoid traffic from the Base. If you go on a Saturday, go very early if possible. Avoid the bridge on Holidays.

dave1959

Don't stress over it...Except for major holidays even at rush hours its only a minor delay. People on this bridge are generally better drivers than on the TJ bridge..

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Don't stress over it...Except for major holidays even at rush hours its only a minor delay. People on this bridge are generally better drivers than on the TJ bridge..

In recent years there are delays about every Sunday afternoon when trying to head north back in to MD. That's always when we are coming home from wheeling events in Virginia. Throw in a holiday on top of that and it'll back up almost to King George sometimes.

Fortunately...things are moving forward with the new bridge.

BernieP

Resident PIA
In recent years there are delays about every Sunday afternoon when trying to head north back in to MD. That's always when we are coming home from wheeling events in Virginia. Throw in a holiday on top of that and it'll back up almost to King George sometimes.

Fortunately...things are moving forward with the new bridge.

The backup going north is nothing but two lanes merging into one near the bridge. I'd say most of the delays I've experienced have been going north and because of volume.

You made me laugh/smile. I figure on current pace, I will be dead and buried before construction even starts. I don't think the Nice bridge, and the TJ bridge, are real priorities for the democrats in Annapolis. Fact is, they control the votes, they control the funding. Money for the bridges is a prime target to redirect to the big 3 counties.

Booboo3604

$6 for cars and pickups

$4.50 if you have a Maryland EZpass! I drive that across that bridge into VA at least once almost every weekend (Saturday or Sunday) doing rescue pup transporting. Never had any kind of backup at any point of the day except for an accident or a holiday...

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA
per Deb Ray on Heather and Tbone this morning. Only 8 projects in the plan being worked. None are in St. Mary's or Calvert. She thinks Charles Co. could have one. The reason is the new law the democrats forced on the state. The grading of projects takes into consideration the number of people impacted. Unless the law is changed we will never see a state road project again in Southern Maryland.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
$4.50 if you have a Maryland EZpass! I drive that across that bridge into VA at least once almost every weekend (Saturday or Sunday) doing rescue pup transporting. Never had any kind of backup at any point of the day except for an accident or a holiday...

Lucky you.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
per Deb Ray on Heather and Tbone this morning. Only 8 projects in the plan being worked. None are in St. Mary's or Calvert. She thinks Charles Co. could have one. The reason is the new law the democrats forced on the state. The grading of projects takes into consideration the number of people impacted. Unless the law is changed we will never see a state road project again in Southern Maryland.

I'm dealing directly with the contractors involved in the new bridge.. Beats all heck out of the SOMD rumor mills. ;-)