I Have a Confession to Make

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I used to be a Democrat. Nope, I wasn't always a Republican.
This just goes to show that you too, can read, listen, hear, understand, and change your mind.
You can see the evil in our country, the greed, the lies.
If I can become a Republican, anyone can.

Open your heart. Open your eyes. Open your mind.

:flowers:

This_person

This just goes to show that you too, can read, listen, hear, understand, and change your mind.

quote-any-man-who-is-under-30-and-is-not-a-liberal-has-not-heart-and-any-man-who-is-over-30-and-.jpg

I believe this is both misquoted and misattributed, but I am posting for the sentiment not the accuracy of the details.

PsyOps

Pixelated

But I don't want to be a republican... anymore. I registered as a republican when I turned 18 and changed just a few month ago. It seems the same 'epiphany' you experienced causing you to change parties, is the same one I experienced causing me to leave the GOP. These days I don't see much difference between the GOP and the dem party. They are both parties of big bloated government, massive spending, ignoring the constitution, amassing debt on our children's - children's backs, and unable to win wars; thus leaving us in endless wars. And the level of dishonesty that exists in both parties is just disturbing to me.

I appreciate your change, and I don't assume to know you philosophies in terms of conservative vs. liberal. So, I hope I'm not insulting you; it's not my intent. I just feel compelled to state my dismay with the GOP when this kind of subject comes up.

:buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
But I don't want to be a republican... anymore. I registered as a republican when I turned 18 and changed just a few month ago.

:buddies:

:cheers:

I did not quit having Conservative Ideals, my party shifted further and further left [or statist ] ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What does it mean to actually be a Republican. Seriously???? Because I'm at a loss for trying to get a clear definition.

not what it did in 1984

for me
- small fiscally responsible Gov.
- Strong 2 Amendment

fantasy part
- one day: roll back of the Gun Control Acts, abuse of the Commerce Clause wrought by FDR during the Depression

This_person

What does it mean to actually be a Republican. Seriously???? Because I'm at a loss for trying to get a clear definition.

You quoted me, so I'm going to answer....but, I am very much like Larry and Psy - I don't really identify as a "Republican" so much as a "Conservative". It used to be those terms could be used interchangeably, but that's not even close to being true any more.

A conservative believes in change when there is a reason, not because it is possible. A conservative believes the process of government should be changed only when needed.

A conservative believes that government should do what is appropriate IAW the constitution (for Americans), and NO more. If you can't save for retirement, that's YOUR problem, not your neighbors' or a farmer in Utah's problem to fund for you. If you are down on your luck, we can provide you with TEMPORARY help, but not a lifestyle of welfare support.

A conservative believes money should be spent by government in accordance with intake except in times of exceptional emergency such as a massive depression or war.

A conservative believes regulations should be such to keep your neighbor safe, not you. A speed limit makes sense, because roads are designed for certain speeds and population concentrations, etc., but it is not the government's place to keep YOU safe from YOU, so adults in cars should not be forced to wear seat belts.

Stuff like that.

steppinthrax

You quoted me, so I'm going to answer....but, I am very much like Larry and Psy - I don't really identify as a "Republican" so much as a "Conservative". It used to be those terms could be used interchangeably, but that's not even close to being true any more.

A conservative believes in change when there is a reason, not because it is possible. A conservative believes the process of government should be changed only when needed.

A conservative believes that government should do what is appropriate IAW the constitution (for Americans), and NO more. If you can't save for retirement, that's YOUR problem, not your neighbors' or a farmer in Utah's problem to fund for you. If you are down on your luck, we can provide you with TEMPORARY help, but not a lifestyle of welfare support.

A conservative believes money should be spent by government in accordance with intake except in times of exceptional emergency such as a massive depression or war.

A conservative believes regulations should be such to keep your neighbor safe, not you. A speed limit makes sense, because roads are designed for certain speeds and population concentrations, etc., but it is not the government's place to keep YOU safe from YOU, so adults in cars should not be forced to wear seat belts.

Stuff like that.

You forgot to add a few other points.

A conservative believes a marriage is between a man and a woman, that homosexual relations are a blasphemy and it is "wrong". Gay marriage undermines the whole sanctity of marriage.

In addition to marriage A conservative dosen't believe in interracial marriage. Whites and blacks should marriage within their race. As justice Leon M. Bazile quoted (Loving v.s. State of Virginia). "Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[10]"

A conservative believes in Freedom of religion, but only of the Christian religion. All other religions can be practiced, but the christian religion takes precedence. In addition the use of the Bible and religion to marginalize minorities is OK. As long as one can construe a way to use the bible to marginalize those minorities.

A conservative believes in limited immigration, although immigrants helped build this country, we should limit them coming in with all their new cultures, religions and traditions.

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
im a moderate, registered repub, I truly hate politics anymore. It has become so far left or right wing.

My big things:
right to bear arms.
I believe in abortion
welfare should have limits, everyone should work.
Term limits for congress
The rest I don’t really care about, doesn’t affect me.

Hijinx

im a moderate, registered repub, I truly hate politics anymore. It has become so far left or right wing.

My big things:
right to bear arms.
I believe in abortion
Term limits for congress

After this election I intend to register as an Independent, I urge all other Republicans to leave the party that has left us.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You forgot to add a few other points.

A conservative believes a marriage is between a man and a woman, that homosexual relations are a blasphemy and it is "wrong". Gay marriage undermines the whole sanctity of marriage.

In addition to marriage A conservative dosen't believe in interracial marriage. Whites and blacks should marriage within their race. As justice Leon M. Bazile quoted (Loving v.s. State of Virginia). "Almighty God created the races white, black, yellow, malay and red, and he placed them on separate continents. And but for the interference with his arrangement there would be no cause for such marriages. The fact that he separated the races shows that he did not intend for the races to mix.[10]"

A conservative believes in Freedom of religion, but only of the Christian religion. All other religions can be practiced, but the christian religion takes precedence. In addition the use of the Bible and religion to marginalize minorities is OK. As long as one can construe a way to use the bible to marginalize those minorities.

A conservative believes in limited immigration, although immigrants helped build this country, we should limit them coming in with all their new cultures, religions and traditions.

You’re obviously not a conservative, because this entire thing is abjectly false. Except for, perhaps the last point... I'm sure you don't believe in unlimited immigration; or are you like Clinton and dream of open borders? Every country has limited immigration policies. There has to be a means in which each country can control who flows in and out, in terms of immigrating.

mAlice

professional daydreamer

My big things:
right to bear arms.
I believe in abortion
Term limits for congress

Just listened to a Trump speech, and he wants term limits as well.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I believe in abortion

This is the one issue I struggle with the most. I am staunchly against abortion, but not to the point of wanting government to step in and ban it. But I do struggle with calling it murder. I believe human life, at every level is sacred; but does that mean we need the government to come in and define that for us?

steppinthrax

You’re obviously not a conservative, because this entire thing is abjectly false. Except for, perhaps the last point... I'm sure you don't believe in unlimited immigration; or are you like Clinton and dream of open borders? Every country has limited immigration policies. There has to be a means in which each country can control who flows in and out, in terms of immigrating.

Nope, you knew that about me from the get go.

Explain to me how it's false, break it down piece by piece. Especially the quote!

Just a little tidbit on immigration, before we had boarder control and Mexicans were able to freely come and go (some w/o inspection) immigration was what's called a "revolving door". Mexicans would come into the United States to work, pay taxes then leave. It would be like a balloon that expands to later contract back to it's original position. Now that the boarder is under tight control (and some want it tighter), and it's harder to come into the US this has changed. Now people come in and stay, which "could be" one of the reasons why you have a deadweight of illegals in this country.

Not suggesting reverting back to that, but that's a little tidbit for you to try to wrap you inflexible head around.