Florida in February

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you want to stay in a campground with an RV, book WELL in advance. They start filling up in September, and by late October you're going to have a hard time getting in.

We may have to rearrange a bit if Paula at Sarasota Lakes doesn't come through for me. It did not occur to me that every single campground would be booked solid with a long waiting list 4 months in advance. :lol: 8,000 RV parks in the Punta Gorda to Sarasota area, and every one of them has a waiting list.

A lot of the RV parks ONLY want you for 2 weeks max, then others only want you if you're 3 months or more. It's kind of weird because they all have the same high season. Also there are a lot of parks that are filled with people who live there full time, so not sure why they advertise and why their website is geared toward travelers.

A possible snag, but we'll work it out. The snags on the last journey ended up working out in our favor, so I remain optimistic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hooray Paula! She came through for us. :yahoo: Instead of just going "No Vacancy" and slamming the window, she said, "Let me make a couple phone calls and call you back..." She called the owner of one of the spots to see if they'd like to rent it out for the month, they said sure, and we're in a super nice concrete patio lot right on the lake for about $200 less than I was expecting to pay for that type of resort in high season.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hooray Paula! She came through for us. :yahoo: Instead of just going "No Vacancy" and slamming the window, she said, "Let me make a couple phone calls and call you back..." She called the owner of one of the spots to see if they'd like to rent it out for the month, they said sure, and we're in a super nice concrete patio lot right on the lake for about $200 less than I was expecting to pay for that type of resort in high season.

:yay:

I've never been to Sarasota! Might have to go visit. :whistle: