Thread: Florida in February

Blog Entries

Florida in February

If you want to stay in a campground with an RV, book WELL in advance. They start filling up in September, and by late October you're going to have a hard time getting in.

We may have to rearrange a bit if Paula at Sarasota Lakes doesn't come through for me. It did not occur to me that every single campground would be booked solid with a long waiting list 4 months in advance. 8,000 RV parks in the Punta Gorda to Sarasota area, and every one of them has a waiting list.

A lot of the RV parks ONLY want you for 2 weeks max, then others only want you if you're 3 months or more. It's kind of weird because they all have the same high season. Also there are a lot of parks that are filled with people who live there full time, so not sure why they advertise and why their website is geared toward travelers.

A possible snag, but we'll work it out. The snags on the last journey ended up working out in our favor, so I remain optimistic.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Blog Entries
    Hooray Paula! She came through for us. Instead of just going "No Vacancy" and slamming the window, she said, "Let me make a couple phone calls and call you back..." She called the owner of one of the spots to see if they'd like to rent it out for the month, they said sure, and we're in a super nice concrete patio lot right on the lake for about $200 less than I was expecting to pay for that type of resort in high season.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

$200 less? How much is the site for February?
    ADHD; Interdisciplinary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Gude View Post
    $200 less? How much is the site for February?
    $1300 for the month, full hookups.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Hooray Paula! She came through for us. Instead of just going "No Vacancy" and slamming the window, she said, "Let me make a couple phone calls and call you back..." She called the owner of one of the spots to see if they'd like to rent it out for the month, they said sure, and we're in a super nice concrete patio lot right on the lake for about $200 less than I was expecting to pay for that type of resort in high season.

I've never been to Sarasota! Might have to go visit.

Registered User acommondisaster's Avatar
    Just checking to be sure you've got this marked. https://www.campendium.com/

Have you ever thought maybe Sea Island or Jekyll Island, GA instead of FL?
    Chaos breathes life into routine.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by acommondisaster View Post
    Just checking to be sure you've got this marked. https://www.campendium.com/

Have you ever thought maybe Sea Island or Jekyll Island, GA instead of FL?
    Cool, thanks! That is a really comprehensive compilation.

I didn't think of SI or JI, but I will put them on the list for future trips. We're always looking for suggestions for great places to check out.
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.