Pentagon Demanding Soldiers Bonuses

PsyOps

Pixelated
My understanding is that this could also include soldiers that came back without limbs, TBI, or even KIA. So what, are they going to collect it from the widows? Talk about insult to injury.

Just one more thing for reason not to trust our government. But, I do expect congress to step in and put a stop to it.

stew77

Obama started this...to pay for more money for his Muslim buddies! Congress needs to weigh into this and stop it once and for all! Tell Obama to stick it up his A**!!!! God this man, (Obama) is a POS!! Wish he would leave now or get put in jail!!

PsyOps

Pixelated
Obama started this...to pay for more money for his Muslim buddies! Congress needs to weigh into this and stop it once and for all! Tell Obama to stick it up his A**!!!! God this man, (Obama) is a POS!! Wish he would leave now or get put in jail!!

With the loathing Clinton has for the military, it only gets better when she gets elected.

stgislander

PREMO Member
My understanding is that this could also include soldiers that came back without limbs, TBI, or even KIA. So what, are they going to collect it from the widows? Talk about insult to injury.

Just one more thing for reason not to trust our government. But, I do expect congress to step in and put a stop to it.

My thinking as well. Congress will step in and fix this.

Hijinx

This would work well in their own interests if they put a stop to it.

Kinda makes you wonder who the Pentagon is on the side of doesn't it?
Obviously they are not on the side of the soldier.
Anyone else wondering why all of the Good Admirals and Generals are gone?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Kinda makes you wonder who the Pentagon is on the side of doesn't it?
Obviously they are not on the side of the soldier.
Anyone else wondering why all of the Good Admirals and Generals are gone?

At a minimum they are on the side of having absolutely no common sense at all. We seem to have morons running things.

Hijinx

California National Guard ..............

The California National Guard made the mistakes, they should make up the deficits.
It's the Pentagon wanting to screw the soldiers who only cashed the checks they were given.

I often wonder with the troops getting screwed over so badly these days how they get anyone to sign up.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I often wonder with the troops getting screwed over so badly these days how they get anyone to sign up.

I heard a woman in the CA Guard interviewed and she was asked if the reenlistment bonus wasn't offered, would you have stay in anyway, and she said she would, because it more about serving the country than money.

Hijinx

I heard a woman in the CA Guard interviewed and she was asked if the reenlistment bonus wasn't offered, would you have stay in anyway, and she said she would, because it more about serving the country than money.

That's very good of her. Many probably feel the same way. after all reenlistment money is soon spent.
But the argument here is should those from a decade back have to return money they received and spent, when they took the money in good faith.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
This is SUCH BS! And it's NOT fair to those troops - regardless of how/why it happened - to come back 10 years later. When I managed congressional inquiries at DFAS, we used to see complaints of these types of incidents quite frequently; it pissed me off then, and it still pisses me off. If a mistake/error is caught in a reasonable time (e.g., within one year), then that is one thing. But if the IRS can only go back a couple years for audit (what is it, 3 or 5 years?), then this should be a situation where the gov eats the mistake, or makes CA pay for it vs the troops if CA made the mistake.

At a minimum, they should let those who need to pay it back have the same amount of time to do so as it took the government to discovery/notify the effected members - 10 years. But if Obummer can install immigration policy with the stroke of his pen, surely he can sign an EO to erase this 'debt' for servicemembers. But the bastard is too busy campaigning for his successor. :duh:

luvmygdaughters

Again, another BS call from our government. How can we support the freaking refugees coming into this country, but have to ask service men and women for their bonus's back? More love from the Obama and Clinton administration for our military!!