Crazy George Will

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure why I got to thinking about him tonight, but I did.

A few months ago he had a fit and declared that he was leaving the Republican party and going independent...because of Donald Trump. He said, "This is not my party." Presumably, he meant to add "anymore". And all because A) Trump got the nomination; and B) Paul Ryan endorsed him. Not sure what he wanted Ryan to do with a duly elected nominee instead; apparently Will isn't down with that whole "government of, by, and for the People" nonsense.

So then Ryan decided that sucking up to the Left was more in his interest than supporting the, you know, Republican voters, and he disavowed Trump. Said a bunch of crappy things about him and pulled his support, all because of some stupid guy talk that, turns out, nobody was really all that horrified by (unless they were being paid to do so).

So what happens if Hillary wins in November? Will George Will decide he wants to be a Republican after all? Or is he just so disgusted and stomping his senile feet over the GOP having the GALL! to nominate a NOKD that they are never ever ever getting back together? I mean, I get it. The nomination of John McCain, and the ensuing treatment of Sarah Palin, is what prompted me to finally dump the GOP. We'd been having problems for years anyway, and growing in different directions. I tried to hold on in hopes that things would get better, then realized we no longer had anything in common anymore and it was time to call it a day. We parted friends, no hard feelings.

Until now. Now I look at the GOP like you look at an old boyfriend who went off the edge and is now on drugs or in prison. He wasn't like that when I was with him; what made him turn like that? Or maybe he was like that all along and I just didn't see it? Now I look at them with pity, but no desire to resume our relationship; in fact, no interest in being associated with them at all. It's embarrassing to admit that I was once one of them. And, like Will, it's because of Trump - but it's the way the GOP leadership is acting over Trump, not Trump himself. He just showed me what a bunch of aholes they are.

So back to George Will:

He left the party supposedly because of one person, who isn't even a party leader (yet) and certainly doesn't set the agenda for the GOP (yet). That to me is the ultimate immature spite move and I'm curious what prompted it. I know that it couldn't have actually been because of Trump, unless Will is more dotty than I thought. One person isn't a good reason to change allegiance, especially when everyone else in the gang is still on board. If Trump got elected, THEN he could stomp off in a huff. But his defection seems premature to me, and therefore suspicious.

Anyway, that's what I'm thinking about tonight.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Keep thinking. Will is the consummate conservative, and knows that that is exactly what Trump isn't, along with most of the GOP. Just deal with it - you trumpsters' got him nominated, now it's up to you to get the vote out. Will is like me - a conservative that really wants nothing at this time to do with the so called republican party. The GOP left conservatives some time back in the GOP quest to "just be liked".

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Keep thinking. Will is the consummate conservative, and knows that that is exactly what Trump isn't, along with most of the GOP. Just deal with it - you trumpsters' got him nominated, now it's up to you to get the vote out. Will is like me - a conservative that really wants nothing at this time to do with the so called republican party. The GOP left conservatives some time back in the GOP quest to "just be liked".

They're just pissing everybody off, aren't they?

You and I are opposite ends of the same side. As in:

Conservative --(you)--------------------------------(me)-||-----------------------------------Liberal

I'm curious if there are any Republicans who are still down with their party.

One thing, though: You and Tommyjo and a couple others keep responding to *me* with "you got Trump nominated". I have repeatedly stated that I am not a registered Republican, nor have I been one in many years. So *I* did not contribute to Trump's nomination in any way. I am pleasantly surprised that Republican voters pulled their head out of their ass long enough to do so, but I had nothing to do with it.

Is that just one of those things that you all heard someone say on TV, so now you whip it out and fling it around randomly without really thinking about it?

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I don't care what you are registered as, or if you were even able to vote in a primary or not, or if you are even a registered voter. You verbally,via your keyboard, was/were/are onboard the entire primary campaign for Trump. I can clearly say that I did not contribute to his nomination in any way, shape, or form. I have no idea nor do I care, what state you can vote in, and whether that state has open or closed primaries.

Your selection is your deal. If Trump is your guy, vote for him. More power to ya. Simple as that. Keep on supporting and propping him up. Nice little dig there, btw, about everybody that does not support trump has their head up their ass. Keep on being classy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't care what you are registered as, or if you were even able to vote in a primary or not, or if you are even a registered voter. You verbally,via your keyboard, was/were/are onboard the entire primary campaign for Trump. I can clearly say that I did not contribute to his nomination in any way, shape, or form. I have no idea nor do I care, what state you can vote in, and whether that state has open or closed primaries.

Your selection is your deal. If Trump is your guy, vote for him. More power to ya. Simple as that. Keep on supporting and propping him up. Nice little dig there, btw, about everybody that does not support trump has their head up their ass. Keep on being classy.

Good grief.

My first choice was Chris Christie, so clearly I'm not as influential as you seem to think I am.

But I should be, damn it! I should get to rule the whole world. Whoever's doing it now sucks at it.

Hijinx

So you call yourself a Conservative and are helping Hillary get elected.
You are full of sh1t.

tommyjo

They're just pissing everybody off, aren't they?

You and I are opposite ends of the same side. As in:

Conservative --(you)--------------------------------(me)-||-----------------------------------Liberal

I'm curious if there are any Republicans who are still down with their party.

One thing, though: You and Tommyjo and a couple others keep responding to *me* with "you got Trump nominated". I have repeatedly stated that I am not a registered Republican, nor have I been one in many years. So *I* did not contribute to Trump's nomination in any way. I am pleasantly surprised that Republican voters pulled their head out of their ass long enough to do so, but I had nothing to do with it.

Is that just one of those things that you all heard someone say on TV, so now you whip it out and fling it around randomly without really thinking about it?

So there are a number of problems with your post....

First, you are clearly NOT a moderate...you are now reading and posting from "sources" that are so far right they are fringe.

Second, you didn't vote...that explains a lot...it also means your opinions hold no weight and you clearly need to shut up. I, on the other hand, re-registered as a Republican in order to vote FOR a Republican....a CREDIBLE Republican...an INTELLIGENT Republican...a Republican WHO COULD HAVE WON!

About your George Will musings...Donald Trump is the NOMINEE of the Republican party. By definition, Mr. Trump is the leader of the Republican Party (at least for another 2 weeks).

As for Trump: he is and always has been unqualified...over 16 months he has made no effort to learn anything...he refuses to accept the advice of anyone around him...he isn't Presidential...Christ it is hard to call this guy American--since he doesn't seem to know why this country was founded and what it has stood for over the last 240 years.

Emeraldsociety

I'm a Republican who knew all along this Trump was a disaster of his own making....I just don't want him to bring the rest of the party down with him.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It certainly could not have been the democrats that nominated and ignored the faults of Mrs. Clinton :rolleyes:

The point she is trying to make is that the Republicans that nominated Trump are the reason Hillary is going to be President. He won't beat her, but any of the other Republican primary candidates would be kicking her ass right now.

This_person

The point she is trying to make is that the Republicans that nominated Trump are the reason Hillary is going to be President. He won't beat her, but any of the other Republican primary candidates would be kicking her ass right now.

I absolutely get her point. My point is that Republicans are responsible for Trump, but Democrats are responsible for Clinton. Add to that the knowledge of Clinton's illegal and dishonorable actions - against the nation, not a person or two - and yet they're still voting for her, and that makes Democrats responsible for the atrocity that may be the Clinton administration.

SamSpade

So there are a number of problems with your post....

Likewise.

First, you are clearly NOT a moderate...you are now reading and posting from "sources" that are so far right they are fringe.

Well I've known DJ - in person - for twenty years - so -well you're wrong. Quoting from "far right" - which frankly I don't know what qualifies to you, because most 'fringe' right wing stuff barely makes it on here - doesn't make someone far-right anymore than quoting the HuffPo or the NYT makes me liberal. I only ever use them to drive home the point that if THEY say it, you'll shut your pie-hole and deal with the message and not the messenger.

Strike one.

Second, you didn't vote...that explains a lot...it also means your opinions hold no weight and you clearly need to shut up. I, on the other hand, re-registered as a Republican in order to vote FOR a Republican....a CREDIBLE Republican...an INTELLIGENT Republican...a Republican WHO COULD HAVE WON!

For someone who endlessly rants about everyone here needing a civics lesson or being morons - or needing a reading comprehension class - you take the cake.
So let me spell it out - we do not have open primaries in this state. So if you're not a registered Republican, you can't vote for one in the primary.
Vrai is NOT a registered Republican - therefore she *CANNOT* vote for one in the primary.
On a similar note - I am a registered Democrat, and have been for over 30 years - I also cannot vote for a Republican in a primary in this state.
Do I need to spell it out again?

Strike two.

About your George Will musings...Donald Trump is the NOMINEE of the Republican party. By definition, Mr. Trump is the leader of the Republican Party (at least for another 2 weeks).

Really? You claim "source" at every turn. Care to cite one? Because by *definition*, Reince Preibus is the de facto leader. In practice, it's whomever the party itself regards as its leader.
But please enlighten us rubes, because somehow, there's a definition that says your nominee is the temporal leader as long as they're a candidate.
I'm sure McCain and Romney would be surprised to hear it.

Strike three.

SamSpade

It's an interesting point but I don't agree. Right now Trump's biggest liability is not his mouth, but the lack of support from all Republicans. Had JEB been nominated, all of the anti-establishment Trump or Cruz supporters would be doing the same - NOT supporting the candidate, because to them, they'd just be more of the same do nothing candidates we've seen for years.

Plus, they also would not be able to out-spend Hillary or get favorable press as she can.

Hijinx

Likewise.

Well I've known DJ - in person - for twenty years - so -well you're wrong. Quoting from "far right" - which frankly I don't know what qualifies to you, because most 'fringe' right wing stuff barely makes it on here - doesn't make someone far-right anymore than quoting the HuffPo or the NYT makes me liberal. I only ever use them to drive home the point that if THEY say it, you'll shut your pie-hole and deal with the message and not the messenger.

Strike one.

For someone who endlessly rants about everyone here needing a civics lesson or being morons - or needing a reading comprehension class - you take the cake.
So let me spell it out - we do not have open primaries in this state. So if you're not a registered Republican, you can't vote for one in the primary.
Vrai is NOT a registered Republican - therefore she *CANNOT* vote for one in the primary.
On a similar note - I am a registered Democrat, and have been for over 30 years - I also cannot vote for a Republican in a primary in this state.
Do I need to spell it out again?

Strike two.

Really? You claim "source" at every turn. Care to cite one? Because by *definition*, Reince Preibus is the de facto leader. In practice, it's whomever the party itself regards as its leader.
But please enlighten us rubes, because somehow, there's a definition that says your nominee is the temporal leader as long as they're a candidate.
I'm sure McCain and Romney would be surprised to hear it.

Strike three.

One thing is certain we do know who is running the Democrat party
First they never even put up a viable candidate to oppose Hillary, then they gang up on Bernie. They fire the head of the party for it , and Hillary hired her for her campaign. Hilary has the Democrat party on lockdown. She is running that mess.