8:30 am appt Michigan Ave DC on a Tuesday, Best time to leave Central Calvert?

mdff21

I was thinking of leaving at 6:30. Taking 301 to 50. Good or bad idea ? Thanks

Depending on where you are going that should give you plenty of time. When I go to Washington Hospital Center. I take 4 to 495 get off on 202 and then to 50 towards DC. I take 50 (New York Ave) in to South Dakota to a left on Monroe to Michigan Ave.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I was thinking of leaving at 6:30. Taking 301 to 50. Good or bad idea ? Thanks

Close to Children's Hospital??

When my daughter was at Children's I would take 395N all the way to the end, take a right, than an almost immediate left.. and takes you straight to the three or 4 major hospitals in that area.

Easy Peasy..

BUT I think getting there at 8AM would be a little tougher.

catlingirl

When my daughter was at Children's I would take 395N all the way to the end, take a right, than an almost immediate left.. and takes you straight to the three or 4 major hospitals in that area.

Easy Peasy..

Yes, I am taking my daughter to Children's hospital and the way that you described to get there sounds like a good way to go. Hopefully traffic wont be to bad. I was wondering if there is a fee to use the parking garage there? Thank you

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Easy Peasy..

Sounds like the way I went to visit my newborn who was at Children's. Don't remember the roads (12 years ago) but it was literally a right, then a left and then a right and I was there. Really easy for somebody who had never been driving in DC before.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Yes, I am taking my daughter to Children's hospital and the way that you described to get there sounds like a good way to go. Hopefully traffic wont be to bad. I was wondering if there is a fee to use the parking garage there? Thank you

I don't remember the cost.. but there is a parking garage under the hospital and it's real easy to drive right past the entrance..

Parents or guardians who park in the garage can purchase a validation ticket for $5 at the Parking Office, located near the Emergency Department, 1st Floor, East Inpatient Tower, 7 am - 6 pm, Monday-Friday. This ticket can be used at the exit gate by inserting the original parking ticket taken at the entrance to the garage proceeded by the validation tickets. If a customer does not have a ticket from the entrance, they will pay the daily maximum rate of $7. A discounted parking voucher is recommended if you plan to park for more than 2 hours.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Sounds like the way I went to visit my newborn who was at Children's. Don't remember the roads (12 years ago) but it was literally a right, then a left and then a right and I was there. Really easy for somebody who had never been driving in DC before.

If you end up leaving after dark, make sure you go out the way you came in..

One wrong turn and you're in the "combat zone"... the part of the city that ran out the Army Hospital..

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
If you end up leaving after dark, make sure you go out the way you came in..

One wrong turn and you're in the "combat zone"... the part of the city that ran out the Army Hospital..

Son was airlifted from St Mary's to Children's so husband and I had to drive using the directions St Mary's Hospital provided. Went right through the drug dealers and prostitutes. We decided to find a better (safer) way after that considering I would be driving by myself since he had to go back to work.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Son was airlifted from St Mary's to Children's so husband and I had to drive using the directions St Mary's Hospital provided. Went right through the drug dealers and prostitutes. We decided to find a better (safer) way after that considering I would be driving by myself since he had to go back to work.

1 Am I thought I'd find a shortcut.. I was on the bike.. and emptied out right onto Georgia Ave across from the entrance to Walter Reed.. I felt a little vulnerable at that point.