How the Elites Blew Up the World

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
How the Elites Blew Up the World
Those who squandered America's economic and strategic advantage are trying to distract from their record

Armed with this false premise, U.S. foreign policymakers on both sides of the aisle made a serious of disastrous blunders:

• They believed that the World Trade Organization (WTO) would serve as a bastion of support for market economies, and would encourage countries like Japan to give up their mercantilist practices. They were wrong. Instead, the United States has become the main target of the WTO's dispute settlement system, as our trading partners regularly treat us as a punching bag, winning disputes and forcing us to change our laws to better suit their preferences. This year, the globalists in the Obama administration blocked an appointment to the WTO's Appellate Body — because even they are tired of losing so many cases there.
  • They believed that facilitating the rise of China — by giving the Chinese practically unlimited access to Western markets and technology — would lead to a freer and safer world. They were wrong. The relentless dictators in China are using their newfound wealth to consolidate their power, both inside China and around the world. If current trends continue, we will soon be driven from Asia, and a Communist dictatorship will replace the United States as the world's largest economy.
  • They believed that a weakened Russia could do little to challenge the West. They were wrong. Vladimir Putin's government, despite an economy smaller than that of Canada, has tied Western policymakers in knots — making them look feckless and weak, and undermining NATO.
  • They believed that spreading democracy in the Middle East would lead to more stable and peaceful governments in that part of the world. They were wrong. The disastrous wars and other mistakes of the last 15 years have created a Middle East that appears to be more violent and dangerous than ever. Furthermore, the Middle East is now flooding the West with refugees and terrorists, who are creating huge political problems in the United States and Western Europe.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Why do these people continually forget that it is THE PEOPLE that elect these elites into power?

Clem72

Why do these people continually forget that it is THE PEOPLE that elect these elites into power?

Oh yeah, thank you for the reminder as I had completely forgot.

Could you now remind me who selects the candidates for the primaries of the only two viable parties in this country? And who decides how much exposure they get in the media or how much funding their campaigns get? Is that one me too?

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh yeah, thank you for the reminder as I had completely forgot.

Could you now remind me who selects the candidates for the primaries of the only two viable parties in this country? And who decides how much exposure they get in the media or how much funding their campaigns get? Is that one me too?

I could be wrong in my interpretation, but I think this is more about congress than POTUS.

Hijinx

The latest is that Republicans may lose the Senate. What have they done with it anyway?
They held up Obama's Supreme Court liberal, but if Hillary wins nothing can stop hers.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The latest is that Republicans may lose the Senate. What have they done with it anyway?
They held up Obama's Supreme Court liberal, but if Hillary wins nothing can stop hers.

If Trump wins and has a dem senate, it will be interesting to see how he governs. It's been my belief that he will yield to whichever party is in power.

Clem72

Could he run for a second term as a Democrat? I noticed we never see primaries or candidates from the party of the sitting president going up against them in the re-election, would this bar the Dems from fielding an opponent?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
They, they, they, they, they ####ing they. Articles like this, the mind set behind it is THE problem. It's always someone else. Never our fault. Never us.

Our 'leaders' can ONLY function and do what they do with our consent. That we can't be bothered to pay any attention or, worse, are paying attention and are fine with all of this, is the one and only problem. We, the people. And we, the people, have decided that Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are reasonable choices to lead the nation. We decided that President Obama wasn't all that bad and only started to actually come to grips with the last president AFTER the damage was done.

We allow ourselves to be divided and manipulated and coerced and never demand to be convinced or persuaded and, without fail, it is ALWAYS 'them' that are stupid, 'them' that are low information, 'them that 'don't get it. That goes for left and right and now we have a real life episode of South Park, chose the giant douche or the turd sammitch and we're convinced, CONVINCED, despite all reason and logic, in fact will make up whatever is necessary to discern that OUR douche is better than their turd.

Well, this is what we have and it isn't 'they'. It is us.

The day we start to come to grips with that is the day we start to fix things.