Mickey D's on Pax closing?

Clem72

Can't imagine they weren't profitable. Morning rush alone should have kept them in the black indefinitely.

wubbles

That place is packed during breakfast and lunch. The service was always kinda meh though. I even had employees steal monopoly tickets off my food containers 2 years ago. :tantrum

Goldenhawk

Yeah, has always been low quality and service compared to the ones on GMR.
Maybe the NEW McD's in St Mary's Square is better now, but certainly not the original that once occupied the building where Ritas and Sake are. I had some really BAD meals there, like the time I was served a burger with a 1/8" salt crust. In contrast, I've never had a bad meal at the base McD's.

FED_UP

Maybe the NEW McD's in St Mary's Square is better now, but certainly not the original that once occupied the building where Ritas and Sake are. I had some really BAD meals there, like the time I was served a burger with a 1/8" salt crust. In contrast, I've never had a bad meal at the base McD's.

Hell, I got served a hamburger there one day with out the burger, the store in the square, WTF.

glhs837

Power with Control

Hell, I got served a hamburger there one day with out the burger, the store in the square, WTF.

Damn, you all live in the past much? Perfect, no, but the best one in the county, I think.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Damn, you all live in the past much? Perfect, no, but the best one in the county, I think.

The service at the new McD's on 235 by G&H is typically not bad (for breakfast). Most of the time the hash brown is hot and crisp. The one on base was always cool and soggy.
The store on base did not have what I would call "service". It was clear that the people working there were all assigned to the job by the jail. Why else did they have such a miserable attitude. There was the occasional bright spot. That "love of job" was translated into quick service.
If I don't stop for breakfast (drive thru) I don't use fast food. No way do I have time at lunch to run out and get food and wait for any length of time on line.
Going off base is out of the questions.

glhs837

Power with Control
The service at the new McD's on 235 by G&H is typically not bad (for breakfast). Most of the time the hash brown is hot and crisp. The one on base was always cool and soggy.
The store on base did not have what I would call "service". It was clear that the people working there were all assigned to the job by the jail. Why else did they have such a miserable attitude. There was the occasional bright spot. That "love of job" was translated into quick service.
If I don't stop for breakfast (drive thru) I don't use fast food. No way do I have time at lunch to run out and get food and wait for any length of time on line.
Going off base is out of the questions.

I would put the one by G&H as a close second to the GMR one. I concur with your assessment of the one on base. The occasional bright cheerful person, but that's the exception. I hit the one on base for lunch maybe once or twice a month, since I can walk there, if I was in a crack timewise.

Restitution

Have been to the one on base quite a few times for breakfast and lunch. I agree with most of the opinions posted already. The lines are terrible. Waiting for 20-25 minutes of my lunch time in the drive-thru or even in-store line is unacceptable. These people KNOW that this is the busiest time in their day yet, they still cannot get it right. Also, if you ever left the window without looking in your bag, you had about a 40% chance of getting the wrong order.

2 times on the weekends, I went to snag lunch while pulling extra hours and the place was CLOSED..... at 3pm!

Not gonna be missed....

glhs837

Power with Control
I don't think they have a contract with DoD..... do they? Never seen one on any military installation I have ever been to.

Well, the sandwich deal in 2187 is a franchise location, not a company store. Means they can sell some stuff, but not a lot. So MWR has some sort of relationship. And we know there's one in CIA headquarters. I'm really just trying to find a way to get Flat Whites more regularly. :)

So_what

Yes I'm an MPD, But who's
From what else I've heard, 30 year lease was up and not renewed, building will be torn down. :shrug: