Reporters are Desprate and Ruthless

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Montel Williams: NYT reporter threatened to publish my address over Trump story

Private direct messages on Twitter obtained by the Examiner show Bernstein asking Williams, who lives in one of the Trump buildings, to cooperate with the story. In his initial Oct. 19 message to Williams, Bernstein said he's "working on a story about what effect Trump's presidential campaign is having on the residential buildings he owns in New York."

Williams directed Bernstein to his representative, Jonathan Franks. But Bernstein followed up with Williams to say he had been in touch with Franks but that "it's your voice I need."

"You're one of the most prominent politically minded people living in a Trump building," Bernstein said. He added that Trump has "become the leader of a movement that seems to many to be the modern day incarnation of the white power movement ..."

[clip]

"On the phone, I asked him not to print which of the Trump buildings Montel Williams lives in," Franks said. "He then told me he'd be more likely to extend that courtesy if Montel gave an interview."

Franks said he argued with Bernstein for about 20 minutes about whether Williams was a "hypocrite" for opposing Trump's candidacy while still living in a Trump-branded building.

I do not care for Montel, but that is bull

Hijinx

Montel Williams: NYT reporter threatened to publish my address over Trump story

Private direct messages on Twitter obtained by the Examiner show Bernstein asking Williams, who lives in one of the Trump buildings, to cooperate with the story. In his initial Oct. 19 message to Williams, Bernstein said he's "working on a story about what effect Trump's presidential campaign is having on the residential buildings he owns in New York."

Williams directed Bernstein to his representative, Jonathan Franks. But Bernstein followed up with Williams to say he had been in touch with Franks but that "it's your voice I need."

"You're one of the most prominent politically minded people living in a Trump building," Bernstein said. He added that Trump has "become the leader of a movement that seems to many to be the modern day incarnation of the white power movement ..."

[clip]

"On the phone, I asked him not to print which of the Trump buildings Montel Williams lives in," Franks said. "He then told me he'd be more likely to extend that courtesy if Montel gave an interview."

Franks said he argued with Bernstein for about 20 minutes about whether Williams was a "hypocrite" for opposing Trump's candidacy while still living in a Trump-branded building.

I do not care for Montel, but that is bull

In a couple of days the politics of personal destruction will probably have won and we get Hillary until she collapses.

Clem72

Ah, the smell of blackmail.

Pretty scummy, to be sure. But the information isn't exactly a state secret. Next they will threaten to tell which Trump property Mr. Trump actually lives in!? What if I told you I know the exact address where the president lives?

glhs837

Power with Control
Pretty scummy, to be sure. But the information isn't exactly a state secret. Next they will threaten to tell which Trump property Mr. Trump actually lives in!? What if I told you I know the exact address where the president lives?

Not illegal, but being a dick is being a dick.....