IHOP Lexington Park

HotPinkChicken

You know, even people who are homeless deserve jobs. And drug addicts too. Whether it is McDonald's, IHOP, or a grocery store, at least they are WORKING. It sounds like you personally know these people and have a vendetta against them. Just saying.

Clem72

You know, even people who are homeless deserve jobs. And drug addicts too. Whether it is McDonald's, IHOP, or a grocery store, at least they are WORKING. It sounds like you personally know these people and have a vendetta against them. Just saying.

I would say they deserve the right to compete for a job. No one deserves any specific job simply because they exist.

Clem72

Have a link to that story? I occasionally go to that IHOP when I am out and about in the morning and don't want to deal with the crowds at CB.

PJumper

Nope ate there over the weekend. Recognized the girl from the paper. She did not wait on us. She was rude to the customers she had. I guess somewhere between us getting there and leaving her shift was over. Went to the parking lot saw them hunched down beside their van which has no tags smoking crack....that did it for me.

Why didn't you report it to the cops if you're such a "concerned citizen"?

idiganthro

Don't eat at the IHOP at Lexington park, 2 druggies working there and living in their van in the parking lot. I'm sure they don't get many showers. One is cooking the other one is waiting tables....she is better known as "Olive Oil" as somebody commented on the news story that showed her mugshot where she was arrested for drugs and prostitution. I guess nobody has standards these days....do yourself a favor, go to Cracker Barrell!:lmao:

The roach I saw on the table a few years back did it for me!!

inkah

I did, and I called the restaurant. The restaurant said they didn't witness it and they were fine with them living in the parking lot. Don't know what the police did, not like they report back to you.

The legal system around here has a habit of not giving a chit about our drug issue and cleaning up the streets. Thanks for doing your part and reporting it. Turning a blind eye to the epidemic that is killing people left and right in our town is absolutely unacceptable. I will be sure to stay away from IFLOP.

inkah

The comments on this article are fascinating. Especially the ones from "Lisa Bates" who claims to be the woman's aunt.

What fascinates me is that we scream about the need for MORE PROGRAMS, LESS JAIL/PRISON as the answer to the addiction problems. Meanwhile, our local law enforcement spends its time hunting down dangerous skateboarding middle schoolers and letting drug dealers off the hook (presumably b/c catching them is too hard?). This woman's "aunt" says she has been in and out of 14 rehab programs. SOMETHING ISN"T WORKING. I wonder if the cops ever responded to sinwagon's call and if so, what did they do? And if they actually did something, will our shoddy legal system support it? The problem seems to be more along the lines of a lack of consequence and accountability.

God help Shannon's poor children. I hope they survive her mess. :(

Booboo3604

Agreed. And if the OP really thinks that this particular restaurant is the only one employing drug addicts, she is sadly mistaken. I dare someone to name a restaurant in the area that does not have a single person who does drugs working for it....

Last edited:

inkah

Agreed. And if the OP really thinks that this particular restaurant is the only one employing drug addicts, she is sadly mistaken. I dare someone to name a restaurant in the area that does not have a single drug addict working for it....

It is sad and scary to think that local businesses are so willingly supporting something that kills its own potential patrons at such an alarming rate.

I know it is also scary for these addicts families to know that they are actually being given money to spend on the habits that are sucking the life out of their loved ones.

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It looked like someone was on crack when they made my funny face pancakes last Saturday.

Attachments

• 20140922070337694289.jpg
    20140922070337694289.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 299

mitzi

Agreed. And if the OP really thinks that this particular restaurant is the only one employing drug addicts, she is sadly mistaken. I dare someone to name a restaurant in the area that does not have a single person who does drugs working for it....

Seriously, now being condemned for having a job.

Goldenhawk

I am not naive to think that but when my children have to witness it an the establishment knows it is happening and allows them to live in a parking lot using drugs and risking the safety and health of its patrons...then I have a problem.

Then call the police. You're making a few unfounded assumptions here - that the establishment KNOWS it is happening, that the establishment can DO anything even if they know it is happening, and that there is anything illegal happening in the first place. How do you KNOW they are doing drugs? If you do, call the police and let THEM deal with it. Or tell the manager and see what happens.

As it is, you're defaming or libeling the restaurant, which itself is against the law.

Goldenhawk

For my part, I'm happy to see a current or former addict getting a job. I'm tired of seeing stories of them breaking into homes to feed their habit. I'm sick of my not-trivial tax dollars paying for everything they do in life, either totally depending on welfare or rotting in jail. Maybe, just maybe, they are trying climb out of their self-created hole and get back to a normal life. More power to them. I can deal with a sourpuss waiter under those circumstances.

Goldenhawk

Did you READ I DID CALL BOTH!
Has it occurred to you that (as I said) you might, just might, be making some unfounded assumptions? You have no idea what happened as a result of your call. You have no idea what the establishment knows, or what the police know. You did your part. Don't make things worse by libeling a business.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I would say they deserve the right to compete for a job. No one deserves any specific job simply because they exist.

Don't be an ass and split hairs, you know what she means. They deserve to not be discriminated against because of their past (hopefully their past).
This is exactly why we have a drug problem in this county. Everybody is into each others business, you make a mistake you are stuck in that cast for life, your family is stuck in that cast. It's like merry old England, once a peasant, always a peasant. Once trash, always trash.

Isn't that right?

BernieP

Resident PIA
We have repeated problems with many not just drug addicts because there is no accountability and shallow threats...

we have problems because there are very few opportunities. It's not just accountability. One infraction, for anything, and you have a big mark against.
Go find good mental health care in the county.
Try looking for a job after a conviction.
I'm not making an excuse, there is a way out, but the system is rigged, once you are in the system it's designed to keep you there.