Should we treat the 8th amendment like the 2nd

This_person

Rep Gowdy should run, I think, for anything higher than he's at. I'd love to see him as Attorney General.

Should we keep people on a random list from buying guns? Well let's hear what he has to say:

[video=youtube;qN6w_S6Sm7c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6w_S6Sm7c[/video]

Larry Gude

Strung Out
clueless low level bureaucrat ....

That's not fair. She, and many, many others, get picked, or short straw it, over the years to go out there and be embarrassed and badgered so that some Congressman or Senator can look good while their boss avoids them as long as possible. Gowdy didn't ask her one question he didn't already know the answer to. To be fair to him, he wasn't all that bad to her. That said, the larger question is where the flying effing hell is ANY leading GOP'er to lead the way, to go on the shows, coordinate the message?

And the message is this; "What other parts of the bill of rights should be make people forfeit without due process and why?" and "How can we be doing a good job with illegal immigration if we are doing so poorly with legal immigration?"

Like Gowdy, I know the answers; The GOP has no unifying principles.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gowdy didn't ask her one question he didn't already know the answer to. To be fair to him, he wasn't all that bad to her.

no he was not, but I got the constant impression she was way over her head dealing with Congress Critters

- Deer Trapped In The Headlights comes to mind

Larry Gude

Strung Out
no he was not, but I got the constant impression she was way over her head dealing with Congress Critters

- Deer Trapped In The Headlights comes to mind

That's her job for this, to go out, not say anything stupid and get beat up a little for her boss. Just take it.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
This woman's performance was perfect. When you don't want the public to know what's really going on, you play dumb when the Congressman asks you stuff and say you'll get the material to the committee as soon as possible. That way the public doesn't see the incriminating answers and the Congressman has moved on to other targets (and photo-ops) before the information shows up. Anyone who's worked in D.C. any length of time knows the dance.

She was that week's "expert" when the summons hit the office in-box.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why is he grilling that girl? What is she, an intern or something? She's very young, whatever she is, and doesn't sound like she knows jack. Her speech pattern is on the level of a college student, which tells me that she's not a higher up. How'd she get in the hot seat? Shouldn't they be talking to her boss?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Rep Gowdy should run, I think, for anything higher than he's at. I'd love to see him as Attorney General.

He's definitely on top of his game. He comes off a little blunt at times, but that's an asset in these types of situations.:yay:

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Why is he grilling that girl? What is she, an intern or something? She's very young, whatever she is, and doesn't sound like she knows jack. Her speech pattern is on the level of a college student, which tells me that she's not a higher up. How'd she get in the hot seat? Shouldn't they be talking to her boss?
When you work in the PAO office, sometimes it's your turn in the barrel.