Uber Driver Arrested for Kidnapping and Assault

newsBot

Automated News Bot
Staff member
This just in from the somd.com Headline News:

Title: Uber Driver Arrested for Kidnapping and Assault

Date: 10-28-2016 04:27 PM

Summary: He drove the victim to her home in Virginia, but instead of dropping her off, he drove her to a hotel in College Park.

Click here for the full story...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Uber is nothing more than a gypsy cab, no offense to gypsies. You might as well stick out your thumb and hitchhike.

Same with those AirBNB things. Russian roulette at its finest.

officeguy

Uber is nothing more than a gypsy cab, no offense to gypsies. You might as well stick out your thumb and hitchhike.

You know more about the Uber driver than you know about the driver of a random cab you flag down in DC. I have had some spooky cab drivers in Waldorf.

sinwagon

I was seriously wondering when this was going to happen and a surprised we haven't heard more stories like this or about somebody robbing or kidnapping the uber driver. What a terrifying ride that must have been! Sad world we live in.

officeguy

I was seriously wondering when this was going to happen and a surprised we haven't heard more stories like this or about somebody robbing or kidnapping the uber driver. What a terrifying ride that must have been! Sad world we live in.

There is no point robbing the driver as they don't carry cash, not even tips.

Clem72

Except when you're passed out drunk with no wingman (or whatever the female equivalent is). Or your wingman sends you off by your lonesome knowing you are not able to take care of yourself.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/10/3...nger-who-passed-out-at-dc-bar-police-say.html

I fail to see how that is different than a cab? At least you have a record of who your driver is with Uber/Lyft. Or are we now of the opinion that cab drivers are all upstanding citizens who could be gainfully employed as scientists, police officers, or doctors if only driving strangers around and cleaning puke out of their seats weren't their first love.

Clem72

Why do you think there is no record of who your driver is with a cab service?

I didn't say there was no record for cabs, I said YOU have a record automatically with Uber. Without doing anything extra or even thinking about it, you already have that persons name/employer/car make/etc.

To do the same with a cab at the very least you need to write down the cab ID number and driver's name yourself, which you may not do if you are so impaired you need someone else to load you into the vehicle and tell them where to drop you off.

glhs837

Power with Control
I fail to see how that is different than a cab? At least you have a record of who your driver is with Uber/Lyft. Or are we now of the opinion that cab drivers are all upstanding citizens who could be gainfully employed as scientists, police officers, or doctors if only driving strangers around and cleaning puke out of their seats weren't their first love.

In a lot of ways no different. My point was that there is no safety to be expected when get insensate drunk in public. To me, this is less an Uber vs cab issue and more of a "Don't be stupid" issue. Do we debate whether the drunk driver should have driven the Subaru or the Suburban? No, we condemn the drunk for driving period.

officeguy

Regardless, this guy is pretty high on the dumb criminal charts. First, he is an Uber driver, he must know that the company has a record of him picking up the fare. Second, it's Uber, he would have gotten paid even if the girl was broke. Third, he checked into the hotel under his own name....

vince77

You rate your Uber driver and they rate you as a passenger after the ride. They want good ratings and Uber won't keep them around if they don't