Snow Skiing anybody?

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
:banana: Good Morning all. Say, I know it's a bit early for this, but I was wondering - do any members go skiing
when it gets colder? Not that I'm looking forward this minute to 20 degree temperatures, but it's going to get there.
Have any members banded together to go as a group? I know Powder Mountain Ski Shop used to sponsor tours to the local areas up on the MD/Penn border, and I've been to Whitetail and Liberty. Anyone got anything for me?

penncam

K

Kizzy

I have never understood why anyone would want to strap boards on their feet and go down a snowy mountain. I have never gone skiing but I just know I would have to take additional time out of my busy life to recover from my injuries.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Our whole family skis. Plus that, I live in Frederick so I'm close to Whitetail and Liberty
:banana:

In fact, I've been on the treadmill religiously trying to get my lower body built back up - last year I paid dearly for my laziness.

K

Katie

I grew up in New England and plan on skiing when I go up to visit my family at Killington. I haven't skiied in two years becasue of excess weight. Now that I have lost a great deal of it in the last 6 months I plan on skiing to my hearts desire.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by IM4Change
I have never understood why anyone would want to strap boards on their feet and go down a snowy mountain.
Well, I've always kinda felt the same way about sky
diving, except you strap on a parachute or parasail wing and hope like heck the darn thing opens up before you hit the ground.
However, I started skiing with my dad when I was
eight years old, and at that age, there's no fear.(at least not on my part - scared the snot out of my dad though!)

penncam

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Cari, I don't believe it! I'd have laid money that you and Mr. Speedo were skiiers! I can picture you both all bunnied-out and looking slick!

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Bleeding Liberals

Originally posted by cariblue
Nah, we're more the lounge lizard type.
:razz2:
Seriously though, unless you're a total klutz, almost anyone who can chew gum and walk can learn to ski. Blondes do have to work a little harder at it, but it's not anything
like rocket science. They DO have qualified instructors at ALL ski
areas who can teach you.:bubble: :bubble: :bubble:
penncam

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by penncam
Seriously though, unless you're a total klutz
Haha!:lmao: Now I have an out. :wink: I took a private lesson and saw my life flash before my eyes.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Originally posted by Sharon
Haha!:lmao: Now I have an out. :wink: I took a private lesson and saw my life flash before my eyes.
:cheers: At the risk of utter wrath, you are not a blonde, are you?
Actually, skiing gives people something in common between them, sort of like bonding, n'est pas?:dance:
penncam

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by penncam
:cheers: At the risk of utter wrath, you are not a blonde, are you?
Nope, just a klutz. Especially with all the extra clothes and equipment. Speeding down a slippery slope, freezing my @** off with nothing to stop me but a tree...or falling over my own two feet and having six other people almost run over me as I try to get back up...IS NOT FUN! :duh:

K

Kizzy

George - George - George of the jungle

WATCH OUT FOR THAT TREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!