FBI Found "Tens Of Thousands Of Emails" Belonging To Huma Abedin On Weiner's Laptop

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
FBI Found "Tens Of Thousands Of Emails" Belonging To Huma Abedin On Weiner's Laptop

With furious Democrats - and the Clinton Campaign - now openly blasting the FBI's reopened investigation (as Republicans take delight for once in having a government agency reinforce their side of events), the question turns to just what emails were found on Weiner's laptop, and how damaging their contents are for the FBI to take the unprecedented step of "intervening" in a major political event just days before the national election.

We first laid what was the most likely explanation yesterday, when we showed several examples of Huma Abedin emails being sent from her work email account to her personal account at humaabedin@yahoo.com, courtesy of a Judicial Watch FOIA release. Of the more than 160 emails in the latest Judicial Watch release, some 110 emails – two-thirds of the total – were forwarded by Abedin to two personal addresses she controlled. The Washington Times reported in August 2015 that the State Department had admitted to a federal judge that Abedin and Mills used personal email accounts to conduct government business in addition to Clinton’s private clintonemail.com to transact State Department business.

One email from May 15, 2009, was sent by Abedin from her State Department email to her personal email. Abedin was archiving in her personal email account an email Hillary Clinton sent her from Clinton’s private email server at HDR22@clintonemail.com. Abedin was asked to print out attachments to an email Mills sent via a private address the previous day to Clinton involving “timetables and deliverables” for her review via Alec Ross, a technology policy expert who then held the title of senior adviser for innovation to Secretary Clinton.

We first laid what was the most likely explanation yesterday, when we showed several examples of Huma Abedin emails being sent from her work email account to her personal account at humaabedin@yahoo.com, courtesy of a Judicial Watch FOIA release. Of the more than 160 emails in the latest Judicial Watch release, some 110 emails – two-thirds of the total – were forwarded by Abedin to two personal addresses she controlled.

I'd bet this is a far more common practice than anyone cares to admit. I'll also bet that there is a huge flurry in their IT arena asking people to stop doing this, a bit late tho.

So why do they forward emails to themselves.Is this like Monica saving the blue dress?

It's not so much forwarding it themselves as it is forwarding to a different device that exists in a different place, like home, which makes it easier for them to read and respond without carrying a govt. device around.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It's not so much forwarding it themselves as it is forwarding to a different device that exists in a different place, like home, which makes it easier for them to read and respond without carrying a govt. device around.

A fairly common practice for folks who work for the U.S. government. Not only does it add convenience of being able to manage e-mails from home, it's also a way to archive important information for later uses (writing a book, applying for a job, building a case for wrongful termination or inappropriately poor evaluations, etc.) In this case, I would not be surprised to find that many of the e-mails which were deleted in Denver have an archive copy in Anthony Weiner's apartment.

Hijinx

A fairly common practice for folks who work for the U.S. government. Not only does it add convenience of being able to manage e-mails from home, it's also a way to archive important information for later uses (writing a book, applying for a job, building a case for wrongful termination or inappropriately poor evaluations, etc.) In this case, I would not be surprised to find that many of the e-mails which were deleted in Denver have an archive copy in Anthony Weiner's apartment.

Too bad there are only a few more days before election and after that if Hillary is elected this whole mess will disappear.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The unfortunate thing about this is whatever this 'new' investigation is, it won't be complete before the election. If Clinton gets elected, this is what we will be watching for the next 4-8 years; investigation, after investigation, after investigation. This will be the Clinton legacy.

And folks keep questioning Trump's motto "Make America Great Again".

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I am thinking they were 'archived' elsewhere .... before being deleted off of the server, because Weiner's laptop would be outside the scope of any warrant

yes it is a computer 'in the family' - but if Huma was willing to Lie and say 'I never used my husbands laptop'
I think FBI investigators would be hard pressed to demand access to the Former Congressman's Computer

for us little people the FBI would take every internet connected device in the house - including the Fridge and Microwave

PsyOps

Pixelated
I am thinking they were 'archived' elsewhere .... before being deleted off of the server, because Weiner's laptop would be outside the scope of any warrant

yes it is a computer 'in the family' - but if Huma was willing to Lie and say 'I never used my husbands laptop'
I think FBI investigators would be hard pressed to demand access to the Former Congressman's Computer

for us little people the FBI would take every internet connected device in the house - including the Fridge and Microwave

Why would Weiner's laptop be outside of the scope of any warrant? My understanding is these emails were discovered during the Weiner 'sexting' investigation. So, the warrant was already in place. And it really doesn't matter if Huma never used this laptop. What matters is how those emails got there; the origin of the emails; Clinton's server.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

I can see it now. Six burly FBI agents with dark sunglasses interrogating the fridge. "And we have it on good authority that you allowed a minor to take a beer from your rack and drink it in your presence."

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Why would Weiner's laptop be outside of the scope of any warrant? My understanding is these emails were discovered during the Weiner 'sexting' investigation. So, the warrant was already in place. And it really doesn't matter if Huma never used this laptop. What matters is how those emails got there; the origin of the emails; Clinton's server.

It's entirely possible Huma had her e-mails on the cloud and that Anthony downloaded them to the laptop (wouldn't put it past him to try to find something incriminating that he could use in a child-custody case or to get a pardon for his texting charges.) Who keeps 600K old e-mails on their laptop?

Midnightrider

So why do they forward emails to themselves.Is this like Monica saving the blue dress?

an article i read indicated that she was forwarding the emails to herself so that she could print them. Anyone who has experience with government computer systems knows that printing stuff can be an issue. Particularly if you are working from home on your .gov laptop. You cant just plg into your home printer, nor can you use thumbdrives. I would imagine lots of people use their personal email addresses as a work around for this problem.
It's entirely possible Huma had her e-mails on the cloud and that Anthony downloaded them to the laptop (wouldn't put it past him to try to find something incriminating that he could use in a child-custody case or to get a pardon for his texting charges.) Who keeps 600K old e-mails on their laptop?

Its probably not that hard if you never clean up your yahoo accounts. they store that crap for just about eternity.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
an article i read indicated that she was forwarding the emails to herself so that she could print them. Anyone who has experience with government computer systems knows that printing stuff can be an issue. Particularly if you are working from home on your .gov laptop. You cant just plg into your home printer, nor can you use thumbdrives. I would imagine lots of people use their personal email addresses as a work around for this problem.

Its probably not that hard if you never clean up your yahoo accounts. they store that crap for just about eternity.

30,40 or a hundred times do you print an email, 600K times is killing trees just to be killing trees.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

NO .... the FBI secured a Separate Warrant for the new emails

but I was referring back to the Hillary Email Server Investigation not the sexting investigation .....

(wouldn't put it past him to try to find something incriminating that he could use in a child-custody case or to get a pardon for his texting charges.)

I mentioned this to a co-worker ... :yay:

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
NO .... the FBI secured a Separate Warrant for the new emails

but I was referring back to the Hillary Email Server Investigation not the sexting investigation .....

I'm getting that this was more of a formality. I don't know the legal wranglings of what's required if they seize these email under a different investigation though. What we're getting out of the news is full of guesses and assumptions.

PsyOps

Pixelated

I thought about that; but this just really makes things worse for Weiner I would think. He's an alleged pedophile AND downloads hundreds of thousands of emails to incriminate his estranged wife just to get custody. This just more and more weird.

Grumpy

I'd bet this is a far more common practice than anyone cares to admit. I'll also bet that there is a huge flurry in their IT arena asking people to stop doing this, a bit late tho.

With the volume of emails involved, it almost looks like she set up a rule in Outlook to auto-forward anything that came to her @state.gov or @clintonemail.com addresses.

Midnightrider

30,40 or a hundred times do you print an email, 600K times is killing trees just to be killing trees.

no one said all 600K were hers. In fact no one said all 600K were even real emails, a lot of them could have been spam they never opened.
However, from what i have read hilary is old school and likes to read things on paper. Huma was apparently her 'print it'/gatekeeper and people would send stuff to her to get it in front of hilary. over a few years i could see hundreds or thousands of instances where she printed stuff from home.
We will have to see how this all turns out.

With the volume of emails involved, it almost looks like she set up a rule in Outlook to auto-forward anything that came to her @state.gov or @clintonemail.com addresses.

Probably. When I was working, the ability to create a rule to forward all email to an outside addressed was blocked. You could forward individual messages. I guess it was to prevent accidental forwarding of sensitive messages, you had to be somewhat aware of what you were doing.

Much of what our company did in the IT word was also done by IT at PAX. Appears the upper levels of govt aren't bound by the same rules.