Watch out for voter fraud in st. Mary's county md

3CATSAILOR

This type of voter fraud is called "Flipping". It happened to my wife in the last election. What happens is that you vote for a Republican or a straight Republican ticket as this person did, the machine waits about a minute or two and then switches it to a vote for Democrats! How many of you are disgusted by this? The vote this time around is for the President of the United States. Is this what our Country has come to? Personally, I don't like a party system of government. I think a party divides us as a people. I think we need to vote for where the candidate stands on the issues. Not whether or not he or she has a R, I or a D by their name.

WARNING: If you vote for any Republican, in any County, not just St. Mary's where the voting fraud occurs, you must confirm that your vote stayed at the party you selected. I was told in the LAST election by our Elections Office that the NEW machines that we have this time around will correct the problem and it would not occur in 2016. Here we are in 2016 and the EXACT same thing occurred. PLEASE NOTE: There is no flipping that occurred against Democrats. Only against Republicans in both the past election and this election. The new machines changed nothing. There is NO voter error as someone tried to allege in this article. Most folks have been voting for years. In the case of my wife, she knew exactly what she was doing. And it did the same thing with her. The only error is that in at least my opinion, the voting machines are capable of fraud in Southern Maryland. Trump did say he thought this might occur. I doubted it at first. I thought the problem was corrected. I trusted our Elections Office. I was wrong. It's still the same thing!

(Oct. 28, 2016)—A woman in Hollywood is the latest in a number of early voters to claim that her ballot was switched to Hillary Clinton after she had tried to vote for Donald Trump today.

Noting that she had seen reports on the news of votes being flipped, the woman said, "I went in and voted a straight Republican ticket and thank God I went back and checked and they had switched my vote from Trump to (Hillary)."

She said that she had to get the vote changed back by alerting election officials, who simply told her to vote for a second time.

"I went back the second time and made sure they didn't change it," she concluded.

As we reported earlier this week, voters in numerous areas of Texas have made a series of complaints that votes are being switched from Trump to Clinton.

One election official responded by claiming the problems were caused by voters not understanding how to use the machines properly.

"Typically, we've found it's voter error with the equipment," Frank Phillips, Tarrant County's election administrator, told WFAA. "Sometimes they vote straight party and then click on other candidates … or do something with the wheel … There is not an issue with the equipment."

However, Trump supporters continue to point to the reports as evidence that vote fraud may be taking place.

In Maryland, it is impossible to legally document voting irregularities experienced by the respective citizen; the Maryland State Board of Elections has issued an administrative regulation prohibiting use of cameras, cell phones, and "computer equipment" in the polling place.

The voting machines being used for the general election were just rolled out this year and were first used in the primary this spring. The machines are manufactured by Election Systems and Software and are proprietary; the system software is not open to public inspection. This has been a cause of concern for years by many advocates of a fully open and transparent election process.

Maryland just switched to the new system after concerns about the previous electronic voting system leaving no paper trail that would facilitate an audit. The new system is still electronic, however it generates a paper ballot, based on the voter's input to a computer terminal (voting machine), which is then scanned by an optical character reader.

Ironically, the voter receives no paper receipt of how he voted, making voting in Maryland probably the only important transaction in the nation where the customer does not receive a receipt. ATM's, gasoline pumps, automated parking attendants, and self-checkout machines all provide paper receipts; voting machines do not.

In the primary election, "machine malfunctions caused an hour delay in opening polls at the Beth Am Synagogue in Baltimore," according to a Washington Post report on April 27, 2016. That same report notes that Governor Hogan "raised concerns about election officials' rushing the new machines into service."

Coincidentally, southern Maryland's elected public servant in the House of Representatives, Democrat Steny Hoyer just penned an op-ed that ran in The Hill titled, "Trump 'Rigged' Election Claims: Further Proof He is Unfit to be President." In the hit piece, Hoyer attacks Trump's concern about a rigged election—a concern Democrats had no problem expressing in the not-too-distant Bush v. Gore election.

Hoyer opened his op-ed with this:

Donald Trump and his supporters in Congress have made some dubious claims this election season. But perhaps the most desperate and dangerous of all is their repeated assertion that somehow this election might be 'rigged.' They are sending a clear message to their supporters: that if Donald Trump loses in November, the result will be illegitimate. This goes beyond the dog-whistle campaigning we've seen so far and ventures into open allegations that are as ridiculous as they are perilous to our democracy, and in last night's debate Donald Trump doubled down by refusing to say that he would accept the outcome of this election.

Hoyer also distributed a copy of the cleary partisan op-ed via his official government email address, Democratic.Whip.Press@mail.house.gov.

Apparently Hoyer did not expect that the very thing Donald Trump warned against would rear its head right in Hoyer's own backyward, come to the immediate attention of the alternative media and appear at the top of The Drudge Report since Friday.

For more information about how and when to vote in this general election, please refer to this page.

David Noss contributed to this report.

awpitt

Main Streeter
This type of voter fraud is called "Flipping". It happened to my wife in the last election. What happens is that you vote for a Republican or a straight Republican ticket as this person did, the machine waits about a minute or two and then switches it to a vote for Democrats! How many of you are disgusted by this? The vote this time around is for the President of the United States. Is this what our Country has come to? Personally, I don't like a party system of government. I think a party divides us as a people. I think we need to vote for where the candidate stands on the issues. Not whether or not he or she has a R, I or a D by their name.

WARNING: If you vote for any Republican, in any County, not just St. Mary's where the voting fraud occurs, you must confirm that your vote stayed at the party you selected. I was told in the LAST election by our Elections Office that the NEW machines that we have this time around will correct the problem and it would not occur in 2016. Here we are in 2016 and the EXACT same thing occurred. PLEASE NOTE: There is no flipping that occurred against Democrats. Only against Republicans in both the past election and this election. The new machines changed nothing. There is NO voter error as someone tried to allege in this article. Most folks have been voting for years. In the case of my wife, she knew exactly what she was doing. And it did the same thing with her. The only error is that in at least my opinion, the voting machines are capable of fraud in Southern Maryland. Trump did say he thought this might occur. I doubted it at first. I thought the problem was corrected. I trusted our Elections Office. I was wrong. It's still the same thing!

This is all crap. They're using paper ballots and scanners. No touch screens.

Wrong.

The head of the election site called in to the T-Bone and Heather show this morning. She explained that there are both. The touch screens will mark and print out your paper ballot for you. She also went on to say what the proper procedure is if you find your ballot is marked incorrectly and her words matched exactly what the woman in the video said word for word what was told and how her ballot was corrected.

Kinnakeet

Gd democrats will do anything to win,how do the people of maryland put up with and vote for them they are the party of lies,cheats,murders and the ones who had 95% of the slaves in the 1800's and voted against abolishing slavery and want to take every right you have away!

awpitt

Main Streeter
Gd democrats will do anything to win,how do the people of maryland put up with and vote for them they are the party of lies,cheats,murders and the ones who had 95% of the slaves in the 1800's and voted against abolishing slavery and want to take every right you have away!

The Board of Elections is split between Dems and GOPers. The workers at the polls are volunteers from both parties who are they for a 14 hour day. If you're so concerned, stop whinning and step up and volunteer.

Kinnakeet

If i vote for trump and it switches to killary and they fix it i wonder if killary still gets the vote!

Misfit

Lawful neutral
It’s irrelevant who you vote for in St. Mary’s county because of the Electoral College. :elaine:

BernieP

Resident PIA

Yep, I was listening to the radio today and the story about the lady with the "flipped" vote came on.
I'm thinking that scanner was the only electronics that I used.
At one point they did say that we were stuck using paper ballots in Maryland but then seemed to indicate that you could complete that ballot using a touch screen to color the holes.
I was not aware of any such machine at the Hollywood location - which I believe is he ONLY location for early voting.
Unless an elections commissioner logs on here and say they had tablets to complete the ballots, I'd say the story is hog wash.

BernieP

Resident PIA
It’s irrelevant who you vote for in St. Mary’s county because of the Electoral College. :elaine:

while the odds are stacked against a republican, remember, Larry Hogan won a state wide race and he's a republican.
So anyone say that their vote doesn't matter has just had the hook set and they are being realed in. As long as they can get you to stay and sit it out, they will win.

todd

All ballots are paper ballots, both at early voting, and on election day.

At each polling place, there will be at least one Ballot Marking Device (BMD), which is comprised of a touch screen and a printer. After the voter checks in and get your Voter Authority Card, they will proceed to the Ballot Issuing Table. At that table, they may elect to receive a ballot to fill in manually using black pen, or a slip of paper to feed into the Ballot Marking Device for printing. The main intent of the BMD is to assist the elderly or disabled, who may have trouble coloring in the circles next to their choices completely and accurately, in filling out their ballot. It has a touchscreen, keypad (with Braille markings) and audio jack for vision impaired individuals.

My theory on what happened with the person in question was that she mistakenly touched the screen, or keypad, when making her selection. As previously stated, when using the BMD, once the ballot is printed, it is the responsibility of the voter to ensure the printed selections match their intended choices. If the ballot contains mistakes, either when marked by the BMD, or by hand, the voter should proceed to the nearest election judge and instruct them that they wish to spoil their ballot and have another blank ballot issued.

Yep, I was listening to the radio today and the story about the lady with the "flipped" vote came on.
I'm thinking that scanner was the only electronics that I used.
At one point they did say that we were stuck using paper ballots in Maryland but then seemed to indicate that you could complete that ballot using a touch screen to color the holes.
I was not aware of any such machine at the Hollywood location - which I believe is he ONLY location for early voting.
Unless an elections commissioner logs on here and say they had tablets to complete the ballots, I'd say the story is hog wash.

Kinnakeet

All ballots are paper ballots, both at early voting, and on election day.

At each polling place, there will be at least one Ballot Marking Device (BMD), which is comprised of a touch screen and a printer. After the voter checks in and get your Voter Authority Card, they will proceed to the Ballot Issuing Table. At that table, they may elect to receive a ballot to fill in manually using black pen, or a slip of paper to feed into the Ballot Marking Device for printing. The main intent of the BMD is to assist the elderly or disabled, who may have trouble coloring in the circles next to their choices completely and accurately, in filling out their ballot. It has a touchscreen, keypad (with Braille markings) and audio jack for vision impaired individuals.

My theory on what happened with the person in question was that she mistakenly touched the screen, or keypad, when making her selection. As previously stated, when using the BMD, once the ballot is printed, it is the responsibility of the voter to ensure the printed selections match their intended choices. If the ballot contains mistakes, either when marked by the BMD, or by hand, the voter should proceed to the nearest election judge and instruct them that they wish to spoil their ballot and have another blank ballot issued.

My theory is the Dem's are cheating just like Killary!!:elaine: