Trump Supporter Voted Twice Because “The polls are rigged”

Misfit

Lawful neutral
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-voting-twice-in-iowa/?utm_term=.adfb32e60b5c
A woman in Iowa was arrested this week on suspicion of voting twice in the general election, court and police records show.

Terri Lynn Rote, a 55-year-old Des Moines resident, was booked Thursday on a first-degree charge of election misconduct, according to Polk County Jail records. The charge is considered a Class D felony under Iowa state law.

“The polls are rigged,” Rote told the radio station.

Attachments

• 2016-10-31_10-40-58.jpg
    2016-10-31_10-40-58.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 322

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
This wouldn't be a problem if voters were required to show ID. So I don't want to hear any bitching from the lefty crowd.

tommyjo

This wouldn't be a problem if voters were required to show ID. So I don't want to hear any bitching from the lefty crowd.

Why would an ID prevent this? She voted twice under the same name.

The other people suspected of fraud noted in the article also voted twice under the same name.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
In addition to Rote, the Polk County Auditor’s Office reported two other people to police last Wednesday on suspicions of voter fraud, the Des Moines Register reported. In the other two cases, those people cast mail-in ballots and also voted in person at one of the state’s early-voting locations, according to the paper.

No arrests were made in the two other cases, the paper reported.

Four votes for Clinton (so far)?

Rommey

Generally, I agree with need to prove you are an eligible voter...however, I don't think an ID requirement would have prevented this particular instance.
The Des Moines Register reported that Rote is a registered Republican who cast two ballots in the general election: an early-voting ballot at the Polk County Election Office and another at a county satellite voting location, according to police records.
Instead, the checks and balances need to be better to prevent someone from even going to two different polling places and casting a vote. Once she went to the first one and signed in and cast a vote, her name should have been marked in the computers to show that a vote had already been cast.

This_person

i guess this direct evidence of voter fraud means that trump wont accept the results if he wins? :killingme

I believe his campaign repeatedly used the phrase "wide-spread" wrt the voter fraud that may (or may not) cause them to challenge the election results.

Do you find this "wide-spread"? Do you think a reasonable person would?

SamSpade

Once she went to the first one and signed in and cast a vote, her name should have been marked in the computers to show that a vote had already been cast.

And that's not a normal process, although Iowa might be different. Most of the time in places I've voted, they look up your name on a stack of paper.
And then they check off your name. You know, like they might have done 80 years ago.

*Some* places, if your name isn't there, you can register on the spot and then vote.
I also don't think there's any check at the polls to see if you've cast an absentee ballot or voted early. There's this general presumption that people won't do this, because it's a nuisance.
What they DON'T check is nitwits who don't know their voting place is designated already - they feel they should be able to go to ANY polling place and vote.

There's not a lot to secure our voting mechanism except that it is so chaotic and localized it would be hard to mess up on a nationwide scale.

Rommey

And that's not a normal process, although Iowa might be different. Most of the time in places I've voted, they look up your name on a stack of paper.
And then they check off your name. You know, like they might have done 80 years ago.

*Some* places, if your name isn't there, you can register on the spot and then vote.
I also don't think there's any check at the polls to see if you've cast an absentee ballot or voted early. There's this general presumption that people won't do this, because it's a nuisance.
What they DON'T check is nitwits who don't know their voting place is designated already - they feel they should be able to go to ANY polling place and vote.

There's not a lot to secure our voting mechanism except that it is so chaotic and localized it would be hard to mess up on a nationwide scale.
I know for the past few elections, when I checked in to vote, they looked up my info on the computer. In this digital age, I would find it hard to believe that the primary method of keeping track of voters is solely on paper.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I know for the past few elections, when I checked in to vote, they looked up my info on the computer. In this digital age, I would find it hard to believe that the primary method of keeping track of voters is solely on paper.

Same here in Fl. They take your picture ID, punch it into the computer, make you sign electronically, compare the signature, then give you the ballot. I assume that means you have received a ballot, and that has been recorded into the voting system. As a matter of facted, being one of those retah-rd' guys, I think I will meander on down to my local early voting palace (Upper Tampa Bay Library) and ask that simple question. Hope I'm not arrested or beat back.

b23hqb

PREMO Member

Just went down to my early voting place, talked to the head elections official there. As I suspected, once they swipe your picture ID into the system, confirm your address, confirm your electronic signature against your ID sig, you are issued a ballot. Once that happens, supposedly instantaneously in the computer world, you have been locked into the FL statewide voting system, and cannot be issued another ballot anywhere in the state under your ID. If you have already voted absentee, any other ballot you use will be voided, and you will be asked politely why you voted twice. You cannot vote out of your precinct (boy I wish that would be upheld), and if you do, the ballot will be withheld pending verification.

There is still a lot of room for voter fraud, even with those "safeguards" of the integrity of the vote.