Obama presidency was a colossal failure

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
So says a NYT article. A vast majority of the US population will agree with them.

So this is how Hope & Change ends. With the FBI in turmoil, with surging anti-police violence, with fears of voter fraud and foreign hacking, with a sluggish economy, with a terror warning and with two unpopular presidential candidates tearing at each other like wolves.

Heckuva job, Barack Obama!

He flatters himself by insisting his tenure has been a roaring success, but the public mood tells a different story.
Obama promised to unite America, but exits amidst far greater divisions.

Obama sees bitter clingers, racists and xenophobes. While Obama’s lectures convey disappointment in his fellow Americans, it never occurs to him that he is a disappointment to them.

His failure to come to grips with the polarization, combined with an aggressively liberal agenda spearheaded by executive orders and a politicized bureaucracy, means his successor will inherit a country broken along every fault line imaginable.

he hoped and changed us all right

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
And it's unlikely, without some horrific event, to ever change back.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Au contraire. He succeeded in getting dodd/frank, keeping the wars going while expanding the regional instability, took the next step in fully socialized medicine, keeping the borders open, continuing the subordination of the us to the rest of the world, helped exand the nuke nation roster and the list of billionaires.

The bush new world order was well served.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Much better than where we were 8 years ago.

:patriot:

Hahahaha! You really are not paying attention. On what do you base your comment? Are you getting freebies from the Gov? That would be the only explanation. And, I suggest you use a different emoticon, and not the patriot one. One more thing. Did we have safe spaces for college cry babies, cops being murdered, ISIS, BLM, white privilege, Obamacare, multiple terrorist attacks on US soil, the world used to respect us and our military (now a joke), etc., etc., etc.

Last edited:

Tito

Donkey Smell
Hahahaha! You really are not paying attention. On what do you base your comment? Are you getting freebies from the Gov? That would be the only explanation. And, I suggest you use a different emoticon, and not the patriot one. One more thing. Did we have safe spaces for college cry babies, cops being murdered, ISIS, BLM, white privilege, Obamacare, multiple terrorist attacks on US soil, the world used to respect us and our military (now a joke), etc., etc., etc.

Lady. Go to bed. Get out of your boys stash.

Fool

:geek:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Please explain in what way we are better. It won't take long.

I'd like to see that list too. I'm sure health care insurance prices are near the top of it. Middle-eastern stability too. And China containment. And Russian-US relations. And middle-class income levels.

SamSpade

I'd like to see that list too. I'm sure health care insurance prices are near the top of it. Middle-eastern stability too. And China containment. And Russian-US relations. And middle-class income levels.

In a nutshell, the misery of eight years ago has been spread around - instead of a large number of people in seriously deep ####, now it's everyone in only moderately deep ####.

In the gist of this discussion, gas prices have nothing to do with the person in the White House.

Nor the stock market. It's a natural recovery process. Not like he can say, "Hey you! Over there! Yeah you.... make the stock market better..."

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
stock market, housing, and employment numbers. Gas prices too......

Stock market...so what? You eat stocks?..pay your health care with them?. Real employment...as opposed to under-employment..is in the toilet, and is a large part of why middle-class incomes have been so stagnant. Gas prices??? LMFAO...Barrry did everything he could to make those go UP. Fortunately, private market factors outside of his control ruled the day.