Local Business Ale House (Lexington Park)

BernieP

Resident PIA
Saw the sign on 235 tonight and wondered...

Has it opened?

If so, has anybody been there that would care to describe the business?

Outside of the announcement that they were going into that location I have no idea if it's just a bar or if it's 101 brews on tap not ending in Light or Lite.

glhs837

Power with Control
Is this place going to be a liquor store or a liquor store/bar? Either way, do we really need another one?

Straight restaurant is what looks like, I'm thinking along the lines of the Ruddy Duck, except serving high end beer, not brewing it. Which I don't think is too many places like that. I agree we don't need another liquor store and straight bar, but a place serving traditional food and good beverages wouldn't be bad.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My question is, is it a Franchise??

I've been to the Orlando Ale House, and one or two others on my travels... but are they franchises??

There is one in west Ft. Lauderdale area, in a mall complex out near the airport (stand-alone building..just situated in a mall shopping center). Good food..good bar..my hangout when I'm running training sessions down there. I know there are several of them around but didn't think it was a franchise...just quite a few owned by same guy(s).

I just looked that one up. The one I go to in Lauderdale (actual address is Hollywood) is not part of the Miller's Ale House chain, which appears to be friggin' huge. The new one in LP does not appear to be part of the Miller Ale House chain either. Mana Restaruant Group, LLC..

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My question is, is it a Franchise??

I've been to the Orlando Ale House, and one or two others on my travels... but are they franchises??

No idea, but if this Ale House is like Orlando Ale House, wouldn't that be wonderful? I love OAH!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think that location is/has been doomed.

I say this about certain locations - it's a bad vibes building. The location in question is one of them, that place in Ltown shopping center that changes hands every year is another one. Like they were built on an Indian burial ground or something, it's consistent failure no matter what goes in there.

lovinmaryland

I say this about certain locations - it's a bad vibes building. The location in question is one of them, that place in Ltown shopping center that changes hands every year is another one. Like they were built on an Indian burial ground or something, it's consistent failure no matter what goes in there.

From what I've heard its the owner of the building itself. The Pho place was the best place in that building in the last 12+ years IMO we tried out the BOH that's there now and it was :dead:

But yes I agree w/ you also that location is where restaurants go to die.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Must be the Perkins Death. The other one at Wildewood has changed hands many times as well.

ltown81

He only bought it recently.

The issue is, it is hard for a full scale chain sized restaurant to be successful in Leonardtown unless it is the best at what it is in the county, have a great or be cheap. You have to pull people from Hollywood, California, and Lexington Park.

If you look at what does well in L-town

Salsas- Cheap and generally considered best Mexican in the L-town, LP area.
Olde Town Pub- Maybe the most popular bar in the county
The Rex- More a bar
Ledo's- Cheap..always full of high schoolers

There are places like the Front Porch, Olgas, and the Leonardtown Grille that I always wonder how they stay in business. Never seem busy.

With the old Perkins in Leonardtown, the one with best chance was Arizona Pizza Company. It has something pretty unique, and was packed when it opened. It had a lot of people coming in from all over the county. It failed because they could not execute the menu with the brick oven right. They had a lot of food cooked wrong, and would not comp it, or go above and beyond to make up. Those people never came back. As it got slower, it got dirtier and we were done with it.

I am not sure about Bottom of the Hill. I feel like I have eaten the same food at three different restaurants now. I think the Leonardtown Grille has basically the same menu?

From what I've heard its the owner of the building itself. The Pho place was the best place in that building in the last 12+ years IMO we tried out the BOH that's there now and it was :dead:

But yes I agree w/ you also that location is where restaurants go to die.

stgislander

PREMO Member
He only bought it recently.

The issue is, it is hard for a full scale chain sized restaurant to be successful in Leonardtown unless it is the best at what it is in the county, have a great or be cheap. You have to pull people from Hollywood, California, and Lexington Park.

If you look at what does well in L-town

Salsas- Cheap and generally considered best Mexican in the L-town, LP area.
Olde Town Pub- Maybe the most popular bar in the county
The Rex- More a bar
Ledo's- Cheap..always full of high schoolers

There are places like the Front Porch, Olgas, and the Leonardtown Grille that I always wonder how they stay in business. Never seem busy.

With the old Perkins in Leonardtown, the one with best chance was Arizona Pizza Company. It has something pretty unique, and was packed when it opened. It had a lot of people coming in from all over the county. It failed because they could not execute the menu with the brick oven right. They had a lot of food cooked wrong, and would not comp it, or go above and beyond to make up. Those people never came back. As it got slower, it got dirtier and we were done with it.

I am not sure about Bottom of the Hill. I feel like I have eaten the same food at three different restaurants now. I think the Leonardtown Grille has basically the same menu?

Is the Leonardtown Grille the place next to Salsas or The Rex?