NES Classic

SamSpade

Ok, didn't know where to put this, but I keep seeing all over the Net about Nintendo releasing a "classic" version of the old NES system, but it sure looks like they're just releasing new copies of the old 8 bit system.

And they have the brass to charge 60 bucks for a 25 year old console - without wired controllers.

I can't find reviews that tell me, dammit save your money. Too many people love the idea of buying an old retro system.

IS there an upside to this? I can see my kids rolling their eyes at this.

Clem72

I saw the headlines a while ago, so forgive me if I misspeak, but I believe the console will come with a number of games built-in. About 6 years ago I was cleaning out the man cave and gave away all our old video game systems/games.

Intellivision + voice adapter + probably 30 games
Atari 21600 + 20-25 games
NES + 100 or so games
Turbo Grafx 16 + TurboCD + 30 games
Genesis + 20 games
NeoGeo + 4 games (those games were expensive as hell)
SNES + 10 or so games
Sega 32x and one or two games
Saturn + 5 games
Jaguar + 5 games
3DO + 15 games
N64 + 30 games
Dreamcast + 15 games
PS2 + 50 or 60 games
X-Box 1 + 20-25 games
PS3 + 15 games

I don't even want to consider what I probably paid for all of that (and I am sure I forgot some of the stuff I gave away). I had boxed it all up and kept moving it from place to place and just didn't want to move it again or deal with the space issues.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Ok, didn't know where to put this, but I keep seeing all over the Net about Nintendo releasing a "classic" version of the old NES system .....

I saw something in the last few days on facebook, someone is also selling a remake of the one of the Sega Consoles

Intellivision + voice adapter + probably 30 games

if you are ever feeling retro, you can get most of the library fairly cheaply

http://www.intellivisionlives.com/

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I was playing Mario 64 Golf last night…I have every retro game ever made playable on my laptop.

pelers

Strongly suspect it's a nostalgia thing for those who grew up with the NES. Wonder if it comes with all the lag that came with the original console?

Clem72

Strongly suspect it's a nostalgia thing for those who grew up with the NES. Wonder if it comes with all the lag that came with the original console?

Well I didn't grow up with the NES, but certainly have the nostalgia for playing Mario 2, Balloon Fight, and Gumshoe with the kids.