Ryan: GOP not Donald Trump's party

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
:
" Although Donald Trump won the nomination “fair and square,” the GOP is not his party, Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Monday on a local radio show.

“It is no one person’s party. Donald Trump won the primary fair and square,” Ryan said during an interview on WTMJ in Milwaukee after conservative host Charlie Sykes asked if the GOP was now Trump’s party.
“As a party leader, as the highest elected official in the party, I have always felt a duty to the process, to democracy, to the primary voter who must be respected. And he won this fair and square,” Ryan added. “But no one person controls this party. This is a bottom-up, organic grassroots party based on conservative principles.”

Trump and Ryan have had a contentious relationship all year. The Speaker condemned the billionaire’s proposed Muslim ban as unconstitutional and said his attacks on a Mexican-American judge were the “textbook definition” of racism.

Ryan also hesitated to endorse Trump once he appeared to have locked up the nomination, only to back him at the Republican National Convention in Cleveland weeks later. But when a tape emerged last month of Trump bragging about forcibly groping and kissing women, Ryan held a conference call with Republicans and announced he could no longer defend or campaign with Trump through Election Day.

Trump loyalists vowed they'd seek revenge on Ryan. "

More here: http://thehill.com/homenews/house/304750-ryan-gop-not-donald-trumps-party

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I really hope the GOP loses its majority in the House so Paul Ryan can go back to the peanut gallery where he belongs. Then he can go kick rocks and whine about how mean old Donald Trump cost him his leadership position.

Hijinx

I really hope the GOP loses its majority in the House so Paul Ryan can go back to the peanut gallery where he belongs. Then he can go kick rocks and whine about how mean old Donald Trump cost him his leadership position.

I hope the real Republicans in the party get rid of him as Speaker.
He sucks to the Nth. degree.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I hope the real Republicans in the party get rid of him as Speaker.
He sucks to the Nth. degree.

Pssst. He IS the real Republican. Sorry to have to inform you of that.

Do you understand how Speaker of the House gets chosen?

Hijinx

Pssst. He IS the real Republican. Sorry to have to inform you of that.

Do you understand how Speaker of the House gets chosen?

I probably should have said I hope the few People in the House who are Patriots will rid of us him.

The party does not belong to Trump, but it doesn't belong to this prick either.

glhs837

Power with Control
Like this line best.....

"This is a bottom-up, organic grassroots party based on conservative principles.”

And, Speaker Ryan, for good or ill that part of the party is Trumps, lock stock and barrel. The "real" Republican party is the one he treated like Apocalypse treated Superman, he broke you people like that. The fact that "your" Republican Party refused to live up to your so-called conservative principles is directly responsible for Trump being able to do that. And I don't say this a hard conservative no compromise sort of guy. The real issue isn't your parties ability to compromise or lack thereof. The issue is WHERE you choose to compromise. But you simply cannot seem to get that.

Hijinx

Like this line best.....

"This is a bottom-up, organic grassroots party based on conservative principles.”

And, Speaker Ryan, for good or ill that part of the party is Trumps, lock stock and barrel. The "real" Republican party is the one he treated like Apocalypse treated Superman, he broke you people like that. The fact that "your" Republican Party refused to live up to your so-called conservative principles is directly responsible for Trump being able to do that. And I don't say this a hard conservative no compromise sort of guy. The real issue isn't your parties ability to compromise or lack thereof. The issue is WHERE you choose to compromise. But you simply cannot seem to get that.

The Republican party is filled with weak kneed turds like Ryan.
If Clinton wins it will be their fault.