Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kevins

[QUOTE=RoseRed;5711299]I don't understand why people go to a seafood place and order steak.[/QUOT

I've been to seafood restaurants that offer a Surf & Turf option. Those steaks are usually very good. Kevins does not advertise as being a "seafood" restaurant. In fact, one of his so called "Specialty" nights is prime rib. As I said, it may have been an off night, I wasn't impressed with the food.

We went on Friday after noon. Had Steamed Oysters and Fried Oysters, and Hush Puppies and Sweet Potatoe Fries. EVERYTHING was outstanding. We were only the 6th people in the place also, had beer to drink. The Sweet Potatoe Fries were the best I have had in a long time. Fried Oysters were fried perfect and not too much meal on them. A little on the expensive side but all in all we will be back. Give it another try.

We ate lunch there tuesday. Kind of meh, nothing worth 25 bucks for lunch...probably won't go back any time soon.
    No more splitting Uranium for fun and profit, retirement is cool so far....

I think he was better off in his old place with the foot traffic that bought.

Quote Originally Posted by ltown81 View Post
    I think he was better off in his old place with the foot traffic that bought.
    Based on the parking lot last night for Fried Chicken Night, I'd say he's probably not missing the foot traffic.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Quote Originally Posted by stgislander View Post
    Based on the parking lot last night for Fried Chicken Night, I'd say he's probably not missing the foot traffic.
    I don't know why, but their fried chicken, according to my husband, is the BOMB!! Nobody makes it better. I haven't tried it yet, but will have to make a point to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    I don't know why, but their fried chicken, according to my husband, is the BOMB!! Nobody makes it better. I haven't tried it yet, but will have to make a point to do so.
    They only have it on Wednesdays so plan ahead.

I've heard that as well. My wife has told me there were people waiting outside to get into the old place on Wednesday nights. We are hoping to get there next Wednesday.
    "Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever." - Shane Falco

Blog Entries
    I'm with the OP on this one.. We went to Kevin's for lunch when it was downtown.. pretty good.

New Kevin's.. it was ALL prepackaged frozen food. Nothing prepared, or breaded in the back. nothing I couldn't have taken out of the freezer and made at home with no prep work.

I'll go to Jerry's and pay their price, or go to Courtney's.. at least I know there it isn't frozen pre-packaged food.
    Nero played the fiddle, Obama danced the Tango.

Quote Originally Posted by BadGirl
    Bob is the bestest lookin and smartest man I've ever met.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    I'm with the OP on this one.. We went to Kevin's for lunch when it was downtown.. pretty good.

New Kevin's.. it was ALL prepackaged frozen food. Nothing prepared, or breaded in the back. nothing I couldn't have taken out of the freezer and made at home with no prep work.

I'll go to Jerry's and pay their price, or go to Courtney's.. at least I know there it isn't frozen pre-packaged food.
    I heard the same thing. A friend of mine said she went and ordered the fried shrimp platter and it was just Sea Pak fried shrimp same stuff you can buy at food lion.
    "You die and go to heaven, I'll stay here in Bermuda".

Quote Originally Posted by luvmygdaughters View Post
    On a whim, we stopped in this evening and we both ended up ordering the fried chicken. Meh. Way too salty.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Members who have read this thread: 46