Another Chance

PsyOps

Pixelated
Okay, so many of us have been here already. We have very strong memories of what happened 2001 on... Bush won with a GOP congress. Conservatives and republicans were elated that conservatism will finally return to Washington and our government will leave us alone. History is written on that one, and they failed miserably.

So here we are again... A republican - who we really can't call a conservative - president and a republican congress.

Let me step back for one second about what Trump winning means in terms of this congress. His win should put all of these establishment goons on notice. The people are sending a clear message that they don't want business as usual anymore. No so much that Trump is the guy that accomplish this (although he could), but that the people put him there for that very reason.

So, the GOP has been given another chance to prove themselves as the party of the people and not the party of the government. They have been given this huge gift to really fix the things that are broken: illegal immigration, Obamacare, our courts, smaller government, less spending, taking care of our vets, and somehow trying to heal the divides that plague our society.

As excited as I am about this win, I also go into this new government with a certain level of trepidation. This isn’t so much about Trump as it is about the entire congress and actually pull the reigns back on big government, too big to fail, endless failing wars and more dead Americans… They better get it right this time.

This_person

Okay, so many of us have been here already. We have very strong memories of what happened 2001 on... Bush won with a GOP congress. Conservatives and republicans were elated that conservatism will finally return to Washington and our government will leave us alone. History is written on that one, and they failed miserably.

So here we are again... A republican - who we really can't call a conservative - president and a republican congress.

Let me step back for one second about what Trump winning means in terms of this congress. His win should put all of these establishment goons on notice. The people are sending a clear message that they don't want business as usual anymore. No so much that Trump is the guy that accomplish this (although he could), but that the people put him there for that very reason.

So, the GOP has been given another chance to prove themselves as the party of the people and not the party of the government. They have been given this huge gift to really fix the things that are broken: illegal immigration, Obamacare, our courts, smaller government, less spending, taking care of our vets, and somehow trying to heal the divides that plague our society.

As excited as I am about this win, I also go into this new government with a certain level of trepidation. This isn’t so much about Trump as it is about the entire congress and actually pull the reigns back on big government, too big to fail, endless failing wars and more dead Americans… They better get it right this time.

Let's hope, but let's not falter in watching and interacting when they fail.

Hijinx

Good Post there psy. Yes NOW they should get the message. I only hope they remove Ryan and Mitch McConnell and place good people in those offices.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Good Post there psy. Yes NOW they should get the message. I only hope they remove Ryan and Mitch McConnell and place good people in those offices.

No matter where Ryan, McConnell and the ilk end up, they need to hear what the people are saying. They have a huge opportunity here. I think this is where the GOP lives or dies. If they screw it up like they did in the 2000s there will be a mass exodus out of the GOP and it will die.

Hijinx

No matter where Ryan, McConnell and the ilk end up, they need to hear what the people are saying. They have a huge opportunity here. I think this is where the GOP lives or dies. If they screw it up like they did in the 2000s there will be a mass exodus out of the GOP and it will die.

I wonder how much damage Obama can do between now and 20 January.
Last ride to Hawaii on our dime.

tommyjo

If those are the reasons you voted for Trump, prepare to be sorely disappointed and thank you for vindicating my impression of our electorate...for you listened to nothing and seem to understand less.

Illegal immigration is down...it has been since the Great Recession.
You can't repeal and replace Obamacare without a plan to do so...Mr. Trump has put forth no plan, nor have the Republicans in Congress.
Smaller govt: this is the most infuriating thing you posted. We are an aging society. Our govt isn't growing bigger because of "Obamaphones" it is growing bigger and our deficits are where they are because of spending on seniors. This is not going to go down...it is only going to go up.
Less spending: Your candidate advocated for MASSIVE INCREASES in spending! (Military and infrastructure) Damn it...didn't you listen to anything?
Taking care of the vets: agreed...but this requires more not less govt and more not less spending.

Endless wars: great... how...the entirety of the right is apopletic that we left Iraq...the entirety of the right thinks we should be in Syria and take over the Middle East. How does all of that not result in more endless wars and more dead Americans
Too big to fail: Ok...agree...but that is Dodd Frank...the entirety of the far right is opposed to Dodd Frank.

In case you really weren't/aren't paying attention, (which it appears you didn't...what a shocker)...Mr. Trump didn't win any of the swing states by comfortable margins. A half point here or there in the vote and he loses. He won...but barely. This was no resounding victory. As of now, Ms. Clinton is leading in the total popular vote. That means no mandate for massive change...those in Congress who want to keep their jobs will understand that. Wholesale changes in govt will result in wholesale changes in Congress in 2018. It will be the Obamacare vote in reverse.

You are excited about the win? Why? None of the things you say you wanted are the positions of the man you voted for, the party you say you support or the realities that faces our country.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

:bs:

maybe in an average over a bunch of years, but in the lead up to the election, the boarders have been flooded with those trying to get in before a Trump election

PsyOps

Pixelated
If those are the reasons you voted for Trump, prepare to be sorely disappointed and thank you for vindicating my impression of our electorate...for you listened to nothing and seem to understand less.

[video=youtube;5QJmXvg3s6s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QJmXvg3s6s[/video]

Hijinx

You can't repeal and replace Obamacare without a plan to do so...Mr. Trump has put forth no plan, nor have the Republicans in Congress.
Smaller govt: this is the most infuriating thing you posted. We are an aging society. Our govt isn't growing bigger because of "Obamaphones" it is growing bigger and our deficits are where they are because of spending on seniors. This is not going to go down...it is only going to go up.
Less spending: Your candidate advocated for MASSIVE INCREASES in spending! (Military and infrastructure) Damn it...didn't you listen to anything?
Taking care of the vets: agreed...but this requires more not less govt and more not less spending.

Endless wars: great... how...the entirety of the right is apopletic that we left Iraq...the entirety of the right thinks we should be in Syria and take over the Middle East. How does all of that not result in more endless wars and more dead Americans
Too big to fail: Ok...agree...but that is Dodd Frank...the entirety of the far right is opposed to Dodd Frank.

In case you really weren't/aren't paying attention, (which it appears you didn't...what a shocker)...Mr. Trump didn't win any of the swing states by comfortable margins. A half point here or there in the vote and he loses. He won...but barely. This was no resounding victory. As of now, Ms. Clinton is leading in the total popular vote. That means no mandate for massive change...those in Congress who want to keep their jobs will understand that. Wholesale changes in govt will result in wholesale changes in Congress in 2018. It will be the Obamacare vote in reverse.

You are excited about the win? Why? None of the things you say you wanted are the positions of the man you voted for, the party you say you support or the realities that faces our country.

A few sour grapes this morning.