Team of rivals?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Abraham Lincoln assembled a cabinet of men who, nearly all, wanted his job and absolutely all who thought they were smarter than him and/or a better choice as POTUS. Seward, Chase, Stanton. Every single one of them was in some way or other, better than Lincoln in so far as they had a special talent or area of expertise. This takes a mans man, one self confident in his own abilities and a wisdom to find the best and most suitable for the job. In the end, Lincoln was the boss and let them all find that out, over time, by consistently being the wise man among the ego's.

Trump is a LONG way from being Lincoln but, so far, he seems headed for that sort of cabinet. Pence is an insider, known for being able to work with people in congress. That is indispensable and was the role Biden was supposed to perform for Obama but Obama poisoned that well early on. So, keep on eye on Trump and his comments to congressional leaders. Respectful and appreciative or dripping with the disdain Obama offered up?

Prebius is also an insider, a party guy and a Ryan guy. This Bannon dude doesn't like Ryan or the establishment.

I hear that Rudi and Bolton are in the mix. Bolton makes all the sense in the world for Sec State as he is smart as hell and a GOP establishment neo con hawk. Giuliani, a trump loyalist, comes from central casting as top cop.

It's not even a week and this is already getting interesting and starting to totally drown out the protestors and Clinton would licking. This is called seizing the initiative and it's something the GOP has long sucked at. Is Donald Trump actually confident enough to surround himself with people like this?

Clinton was not, notoriously so insecure he avoided men who were taller than him let alone smarter. Obama was not, preferring his private counsel with Jarret and a handful of insiders.
Bush was but that was only be default. :lol:

In any event, so far, so good? This COULD be something. :popcorn:

*disclaimer; I was never President, never part of the Lincoln administration, never AG or Sec State, nor have I recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

This_person

Abraham Lincoln assembled a cabinet of men who, nearly all, wanted his job and absolutely all who thought they were smarter than him and/or a better choice as POTUS. Seward, Chase, Stanton. Every single one of them was in some way or other, better than Lincoln in so far as they had a special talent or area of expertise. This takes a mans man, one self confident in his own abilities and a wisdom to find the best and most suitable for the job. In the end, Lincoln was the boss and let them all find that out, over time, by consistently being the wise man among the ego's.

Trump is a LONG way from being Lincoln but, so far, he seems headed for that sort of cabinet. Pence is an insider, known for being able to work with people in congress. That is indispensable and was the role Biden was supposed to perform for Obama but Obama poisoned that well early on. So, keep on eye on Trump and his comments to congressional leaders. Respectful and appreciative or dripping with the disdain Obama offered up?

Prebius is also an insider, a party guy and a Ryan guy. This Bannon dude doesn't like Ryan or the establishment.

I hear that Rudi and Bolton are in the mix. Bolton makes all the sense in the world for Sec State as he is smart as hell and a GOP establishment neo con hawk. Giuliani, a trump loyalist, comes from central casting as top cop.

It's not even a week and this is already getting interesting and starting to totally drown out the protestors and Clinton would licking. This is called seizing the initiative and it's something the GOP has long sucked at. Is Donald Trump actually confident enough to surround himself with people like this?

Clinton was not, notoriously so insecure he avoided men who were taller than him let alone smarter. Obama was not, preferring his private counsel with Jarret and a handful of insiders.
Bush was but that was only be default. :lol:

In any event, so far, so good? This COULD be something. :popcorn:

*disclaimer; I was never President, never part of the Lincoln administration, never AG or Sec State, nor have I recently stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.

This was the same initial comparison of Obama to Lincoln (besides the IL thing) - that he picked HRC for Sec State, a republican for Sec Def, Biden for VP (who made huge racist remarks wrt Obama during the primaries and such)... "team of rivals".

In my humble opinion, Trump is a narcissistic business man who lives for competition and winning. His side is now the USA. His only choice is to hire the best he can get, give them a LOT of autonomy, and claim victory for their wins. He does not seem to have any reason for an ulterior motive except to see America win, so he can say, "see, told you" then go back to his penthouse.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
This was the same initial comparison of Obama to Lincoln (besides the IL thing) - that he picked HRC for Sec State, a republican for Sec Def, Biden for VP (who made huge racist remarks wrt Obama during the primaries and such)... "team of rivals".

In my humble opinion, Trump is a narcissistic business man who lives for competition and winning. His side is now the USA. His only choice is to hire the best he can get, give them a LOT of autonomy, and claim victory for their wins. He does not seem to have any reason for an ulterior motive except to see America win, so he can say, "see, told you" then go back to his penthouse.

Ok, but these people are clearly superior to Trump in their areas. Yes, the same was said of Obama but with no evidence. Joe Biden's skills was in getting along with others and being funny. No one can name anything else he's good at. Same with Hillary. She was a disaster as Sec State and everyone knows Obama put her there to keep an eye on her and to soothe wounds from the campaign, not because of her talent or skill.

I think you're right about Trump and he'd said as much the entire campaign. Others, as you point out, have said it and not really meant it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Clinton and Obama never accomplished a single thing in their lives except be charming enough to get elected to public office. To do that, they had to know how to manipulate people, not put together and oversee a team.

Trump has had a very successful career and built an empire. You don't do that by being petty and heavy handed, having to be the smartest bestest guy in the room. He has openly and often given credit where it is due to the people who got him where he is today. For as ego-driven as he is, he's also surprisingly humble.

I have every confidence that he will be mature and secure enough to bring in a crack team of people who are very good at their jobs.

Clinton and Obama never accomplished a single thing in their lives except be charming enough to get elected to public office. To do that, they had to know how to manipulate people, not put together and oversee a team.

Trump has had a very successful career and built an empire. You don't do that by being petty and heavy handed, having to be the smartest bestest guy in the room. He has openly and often given credit where it is due to the people who got him where he is today. For as ego-driven as he is, he's also surprisingly humble.

I have every confidence that he will be mature and secure enough to bring in a crack team of people who are very good at their jobs.
I agree... and in addition he is well aware that he'll have to beware those who's primary goal is to back stab... Et tu, Brute?