Smoke pot? Own guns? What your doctor says about it may depend on political affiliation

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Smoke pot? Own guns? What your doctor says about it may depend on political affiliation

The survey found that Democratic physicians considered the firearms scenario – in which a parent acknowledged having several firearms at home – to be more concerning. Republican doctors, in comparison, cited the patient who acknowledged using recreational marijuana approximately three times per week as more concerning, along with the patient who says she had two abortions.

The survey found that Republican doctors are more likely to discuss health risks of marijuana, urge the patient to cut back and discuss the legal risks. They were also more likely to discuss the mental health aspects of abortion and encourage the patient not to have any more abortions. Male Republican doctors were more concerned about abortion than their female Republican colleagues.

The survey also found that Democratic doctors were more likely to urge patients not to store firearms at home.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Let me just start with, it's none of my doctors business if I own guns. However, all he needs is a urine sample for anything I put into my body.
Since I don't ask my doctors which way they lean, I'll just keep my business to myself.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Let me just start with, it's none of my doctors business if I own guns. However, all he needs is a urine sample for anything I put into my body.
Since I don't ask my doctors which way they lean, I'll just keep my business to myself.

Ditto! I haven't been asked if I keep guns in my home ... then again considering the region I live, the doc is probably carrying, and these days who'd blame them? But if I were asked, I would ask the doc if they keep any alcohol in their home or drive a vehicle, because those have a much higher risk of taking a life than a responsibly owned firearm.

I am there for a flu shot; not a lecture about how I choose to defend my family & home. :nono:

black dog

Free America
I shoot Across The Course with my Doctor, he could care less what firearms you own much less if you get high. He tends to push no sugar drinks and cutting way back on the white flour.