NutBuster

Trying to remember the formula for homemade rust/nutbuster. Was it 50% brake fluid, 50% tranny fluid?

glhs837

Power with Control
Trying to remember the formula for homemade rust/nutbuster. Was it 50% brake fluid, 50% tranny fluid?

Acetone with ATF, I think. Me, I use some stuff I got from Ollies of all places. No matter what you use, getting that sucker glowing hot before applying the fluid is a huge help.

Acetone with ATF, I think. Me, I use some stuff I got from Ollies of all places. No matter what you use, getting that sucker glowing hot before applying the fluid is a huge help.

Did a little search online, acetone/ATF is right, although the original tests seem to have been done with power steering fluid. Some also add a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil.

Cant apply heat, which is making this tougher. Trying to get the impeller off of a hot tub motor/pump. All plastic. Can't even use my big persuader.

RPMDAD

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/7243-homemade-rust-buster/

With The High Cost of everything today I thought it may be a Good Idea for us to share some Homemade Solutions to Mechanical problems ....
My Example: Rust Bustin'
At My Local NAPA A Can of PB Blaster Cost $7.95 WD 40 Cost $6.89 Liquid wrench was a Steal at $4.79....These Aerosole Spray cans don't last long and half the times the Nozzels Clog up....I think they are a Rip Off.
My Solution comes from My 76 year old Brother, who is a Retired Mechanic of 40 plus years...He allways used his own Homemade "Recipe" that I have adopted and allways keep in a Spray bottle in my shop. I recently used it to seperate a Frozen Solid 2 piece Driveshaft. I Swear, this Recipe, which my brother refers to as "Panther P---"
Works Incredibly Good on Everything .....
Recipe : Mix equal amounts of Trani Fluid, Brake Fluid & Marvel Mystery Oil...that's It. Give it a Try, I think You'll Agree.

glhs837

Power with Control
Did a little search online, acetone/ATF is right, although the original tests seem to have been done with power steering fluid. Some also add a bit of Marvel Mystery Oil.

Cant apply heat, which is making this tougher. Trying to get the impeller off of a hot tub motor/pump. All plastic. Can't even use my big persuader.

what is heat but an absence of cold...... sounds crazy, but if you cant heat one thing, chill the other. Nice thing about plastics is they expand and contract much more than metals.

Hmm, looking at this, seems a lot of them are not press fit, but threaded, and some are reverse threaded, like the fans on my BMWs, or the oscillating fans in my bedroom.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21494-impeller-removal/

DEEKAYPEE8569

what is heat but an absence of cold...... sounds crazy, but if you cant heat one thing, chill the other. Nice thing about plastics is they expand and contract much more than metals.

Hmm, looking at this, seems a lot of them are not press fit, but threaded, and some are reverse threaded, like the fans on my BMWs, or the oscillating fans in my bedroom.

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?/topic/21494-impeller-removal/

You mean left-hand threaded? Meaning to tighten, turn the fitting counter-clockwise?
Just checkin'.....