National intelligence chief Clapper resigns

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Director of National Intelligence James Clapper said today that he turned in his letter of resignation to President Barack Obama the night before and will not stay on through the presidential transition.

Clapper made the revelation during his opening statement in a rare open hearing of the House Intelligence Committee after the panel's ranking Democrat, Adam Schiff, said he had heard rumors that the spy chief — who took on the role in 2010 — might stay on into the Trump administration. "

More here: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/national-intelligence-chief-clapper-resigns-231547

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Childish tantrum.. See that our country does not come first for most democrats

Why do you say that? It says in the story that he'd been long considering retirement once this administration was finished. There's nothing to see here. :shrug:

Gummie

I never met the man, but I have a lot a respect for the him. I worked for an admiral (who was a total a-hole), who had been on his staff at the DIA. His plan was to return to be the commander DIA. Gen Clapper got wind of the plan and pulled his retirement papers so there was no way the admiral could get the billet.