Daughter Of Slain Sandy Hook Elementary School Principal Writes Trump

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Erica Lafferty, whose mother Dawn Hochsprung was principal at Sandy Hook Elementary School and killed during the 2012 mass shooting at the school, has published an open letter to President-elect Donald Trump, urging him not to appear on conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’ radio show.

Jones, a leading conspiracy theorist, self-proclaimed founding father of the 9/11 Truth movement, and key Trump media ally during the 2016 race, has helped spread conspiracy theories that the Sandy Hook shooting, in which 20 children and six educators were killed, was a “hoax.”
During a December 2015 appearance on The Alex Jones Show, Trump praised Jones as having an "amazing" reputation and promised, "I will not let you down." Following Trump’s victory, Jones said Trump called him to “thank” his audience and promised to appear on his show “in the next few weeks.”

Although Jones has since tried to spin his past comments on the shooting, PolitiFact rated the claim that Jones “said that the victims of the Sandy Hook massacre were child actors and no one was actually killed there” to be “true.” PolitiFact noted that Jones has called the shooting “a giant hoax,” and said “Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured.”

In her letter to Trump, Lafferty wrote, “radio host Alex Jones has fanned the flames of a hateful conspiracy theory claiming that the shooting that took my mother never happened. It’s unthinkable. It’s unacceptable. I’m asking you to denounce it immediately and cut ties with Alex Jones and anyone who subscribes to these dangerous ideas.” Lafferty’s full letter (emphasis original): "

More here: http://mediamatters.org/blog/2016/11/17/daughter-slain-sandy-hook-elementary-school-principal-writes-trump-ask-him-not-appear-alex-jones/214499

Restitution

f78529f5302516b13d9489627eadb04b.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
The source notwithstanding, I fully agree with this. Alex Jones is at best a totally misguided wacko nutjob, at worst, a totally mercenary snake oil salesman, whose particular flavor of snake oil is conspiracy theories. He rose to prominence on the sale of 9/11 truther bullshiest. No President has any business talking to this guy and lending him the credence that such a visit would entail.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Alex Jones is at best a totally misguided wacko nutjob, at worst, a totally mercenary snake oil salesman, whose particular flavor of snake oil is conspiracy theories.

Indeed ....

but he does cover stuff no one else will .....

glhs837

Power with Control
Don't care. Read it if you want, but the President or President Elect have no business lending the dignity of the office to such a man. Hell, the leader of the free world can read whatever he wants, but representing us, he damn well better pay attention to the message his attention to things sends.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A couple of things:

I was unaware that Trump was inviting Alex Jones to be White House Press Secretary (I'm still holding out for Milo Yiannopoulos), or doing anything more than giving him a cursory "have your girl call my girl."

Second, here is her original post, which wasn't actually a letter to Trump but a public statement:

https://medium.com/@EricaSmegs/denounce-sandy-hook-truther-alex-jones-31ca8315fe2#.9hc9fnlux

The photo of her kissing her mother's headstone is obviously staged and this is clearly a media set up. Erica Lafferty Smegielski is an anti-gun activist (see her byline on the "letter") hiding behind her dead mother so that you can't criticize her without looking like a real POS. But I'm tired of these ghoulish zealots, so I'll go ahead and criticize her crassness anyway. Upon further investigation, we find that she spoke at the Dem Convention and has campaigned for Hillary Clinton, including appeared in campaign ads for her.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/erica...wn-hochsprung-chris-murphy-bloomberg-poodles/

So this isn't just some young woman who lost her mother making an honest plea; it's an activist manipulating you into her political agenda.

glhs837

Power with Control
A couple of things:

I was unaware that Trump was inviting Alex Jones to be White House Press Secretary (I'm still holding out for Milo Yiannopoulos), or doing anything more than giving him a cursory "have your girl call my girl."

Second, here is her original post, which wasn't actually a letter to Trump but a public statement:

https://medium.com/@EricaSmegs/denounce-sandy-hook-truther-alex-jones-31ca8315fe2#.9hc9fnlux

The photo of her kissing her mother's headstone is obviously staged and this is clearly a media set up. Erica Lafferty Smegielski is an anti-gun activist (see her byline on the "letter") hiding behind her dead mother so that you can't criticize her without looking like a real POS. But I'm tired of these ghoulish zealots, so I'll go ahead and criticize her crassness anyway. Upon further investigation, we find that she spoke at the Dem Convention and has campaigned for Hillary Clinton, including appeared in campaign ads for her.

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/erica...wn-hochsprung-chris-murphy-bloomberg-poodles/

So this isn't just some young woman who lost her mother making an honest plea; it's an activist manipulating you into her political agenda.

Again, dont care abut her agenda, my only point was that no official in the govt should have interaction with this guy. Jones is a douchebag. Interacting with him lends him a credibility he has no other claim on.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Again, dont care abut her agenda, my only point was that no official in the govt should have interaction with this guy. Jones is a douchebag. Interacting with him lends him a credibility he has no other claim on.

:yay: Why is Alex Jones even relevant in the scheme of things (or Kimmel, Hollyweirds, etc.)? Furthermore, for Jones to perpetuate this conspiracy theory makes him look like a deranged idiot. He is a deranged idiot. Children and teachers died that day. It is fact. And, if Trump goes on his show, I will denounce Trump, and regret that I voted for him. God bless America.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

I care about her agenda. Motives are important to see the bigger picture.

I'm not sure where her screed came from - is Trump cuddling with InfoWars? I am unaware of that. So if it's not happening, what is this woman even talking about? Show me that Trump is having meaningful interaction with Alex Jones and I will perhaps have a different reaction.

glhs837

Power with Control
I care about her agenda. Motives are important to see the bigger picture.

I'm not sure where her screed came from - is Trump cuddling with InfoWars? I am unaware of that. So if it's not happening, what is this woman even talking about? Show me that Trump is having meaningful interaction with Alex Jones and I will perhaps have a different reaction.

I care about the Russian agenda in hacking and then releasing those emails. Doesn't mean I'll ignore the emails and say it's all BS, but the Russians are not our friends and so everything they do should be viewed through that filter. So, while this ladies point is part of an agenda, agreed, the fact remains that President-Elect Trump has done an interview with Jones in the past, and Jones has claimed that Trump has verbally committed to doing another one. Jones telling the truth? Who knows, he's not what I would call a reliable source. But Trumps people should be well aware that Jones is toxic. As he should be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...3dc190-ab3e-11e6-8b45-f8e493f06fcd_story.html

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
I care about the Russian agenda in hacking and then releasing those emails. Doesn't mean I'll ignore the emails and say it's all BS, but the Russians are not our friends and so everything they do should be viewed through that filter. So, while this ladies point is part of an agenda, agreed, the fact remains that President-Elect Trump has done an interview with Jones in the past, and Jones has claimed that Trump has verbally committed to doing another one. Jones telling the truth? Who knows, he's not what I would call a reliable source. But Trumps people should be well aware that Jones is toxic. As he should be.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...3dc190-ab3e-11e6-8b45-f8e493f06fcd_story.html

I haven't bought in to the story about "Russian Hackers"; I think they were just a convenient bogey man. It's a lot scarier to say the Russians (in cahoots with Trump) stole all of these emails, than a bunch of twenty somethings in a starbucks did it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I haven't bought in to the story about "Russian Hackers"; I think they were just a convenient bogey man. It's a lot scarier to say the Russians (in cahoots with Trump) stole all of these emails, than a bunch of twenty somethings in a starbucks did it.

it was stated several months ago, Assange had an inside man, that was murdered in DC