Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Island Hideaway, it was great.

The Island Hideaway, it was great.

Went tonight. Wife had cream of crab soup. I thought it was awesome, she says it's the best she's had. I had blackened rockfish with what they call skratch cord, a mix of peppers, bacon, and white and yellow corn. Was perfect. Only complaint I had was that my side salad and the wifes salad under her chicken could have had a bit more color, was a bit too much regular letttuce. But that's a small bone to pick with what was otherwise a damn good meal. We'll be going back to work our way through some other tasty sounding items.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Is this the old Digiovanni's spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Is this the old Digiovanni's spot?
    Yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kom526 View Post
    Dear Baby Jesus lying in a crib in Bethlehem,
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Blog Entries
    Good! We went there right after it opened and it was standard sports bar fare. Nice to see them step it up - that's a great location and screams for next level dining.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

http://www.theislandhideawaysolomons.com/

I have been wanting to try this place out.
    I thank your divine intervention that I was not drinking anything when I read this post.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseRed View Post
    http://www.theislandhideawaysolomons.com/

I have been wanting to try this place out.
    Looks good inside.... Nice menu too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    Looks good inside.... Nice menu too.
    I think so, too.

Great Restaurant

I had family come in from out of town and on a chance stopped in on a Sunday evening without a reservation. The place was packed, and we seemed out of luck to get a table. But the hostess and staff went out of their way to find us accommodations for dinner and fit us in. As always, the food was outstanding, well worth the price, the staff was phenomenal, I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area and interested in a great dining experience.

I stopped there tonight after the boat parade. I had tried to make a reservation earlier in the day, but it was already booked full. Sat at the bar. Had a great meal and both the staff and patrons were all in a good mood, good conversation.

Had a cup of lobster bisque. The bisque was spot on, but the lobster chunks were not sweet, tasted frozen. Good nonetheless. Entree was crispy coconut grouper. I wouldn't change a thing, and told the server that. Very very good.

While having dinner I overheard a gent talking about diving on the shipwreck Rhone. Immediately caught my attention. I dove on that wreck back in 1973. Off Salt Island in the British Virgin Islands. Didn't get a chance to talk with him.

Some kind of incident near the restaurant across the street from the Tiki Bar, and the am'blance driver had a heck of a time getting thru the now departing stream of cars.

A good, albeit interesting evening.
    "It must be inordinately taxing to be such a boob."
    The Brain

Members who have read this thread: 47