The Island Hideaway, it was great.

glhs837

Power with Control
Went tonight. Wife had cream of crab soup. I thought it was awesome, she says it's the best she's had. I had blackened rockfish with what they call skratch cord, a mix of peppers, bacon, and white and yellow corn. Was perfect. Only complaint I had was that my side salad and the wifes salad under her chicken could have had a bit more color, was a bit too much regular letttuce. But that's a small bone to pick with what was otherwise a damn good meal. We'll be going back to work our way through some other tasty sounding items.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Good! We went there right after it opened and it was standard sports bar fare. Nice to see them step it up - that's a great location and screams for next level dining.

fisherpw

Great Restaurant

I had family come in from out of town and on a chance stopped in on a Sunday evening without a reservation. The place was packed, and we seemed out of luck to get a table. But the hostess and staff went out of their way to find us accommodations for dinner and fit us in. As always, the food was outstanding, well worth the price, the staff was phenomenal, I would certainly recommend this restaurant to anyone in the area and interested in a great dining experience.

I stopped there tonight after the boat parade. I had tried to make a reservation earlier in the day, but it was already booked full. Sat at the bar. Had a great meal and both the staff and patrons were all in a good mood, good conversation.

Had a cup of lobster bisque. The bisque was spot on, but the lobster chunks were not sweet, tasted frozen. Good nonetheless. Entree was crispy coconut grouper. I wouldn't change a thing, and told the server that. Very very good. :yay:

While having dinner I overheard a gent talking about diving on the shipwreck Rhone. Immediately caught my attention. I dove on that wreck back in 1973. Off Salt Island in the British Virgin Islands. Didn't get a chance to talk with him.

Some kind of incident near the restaurant across the street from the Tiki Bar, and the am'blance driver had a heck of a time getting thru the now departing stream of cars.

A good, albeit interesting evening.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Finally got to try this place Sunday and we were not disappointed! We both ordered the seafood cannoli, but I had the Alfredo sauce and my dining companion had the marinara sauce. Both were tasty and full of yummy seafood. The pasta is homemade, tender, and cooked perfectly.

Definitely will be back to try more items. They were out of the seafood lasagna and I would love to sample that next.

luvmygdaughters

Daughters and I had lunch there on Saturday, we all got fish, they had grouper and I had mahi. Delicious!! We sat outside and it was so nice. I had a glass of grigio, one daughter had a glass of chardonnay and the other a miller lite. The bill was $140.00!! Its a little pricey, imho, but the food was good.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Nommy dinner at Island Hideaway tonight. I had the meatball app, their really crispy and super good wings, and a side of skratch corn (which is what we call "fried corn" with bacon and onion), and I had a bite of FF's blackened grouper. The menu was interesting - lots to choose from - and the service was terrific (thanks, Allison!). The weather was crummy so we sat inside and it was quite cozy - not crowded cramped cozy, but nice cozy.

Girls night! :cheers:

glhs837

Power with Control
Nommy dinner at Island Hideaway tonight. I had the meatball app, their really crispy and super good wings, and a side of skratch corn (which is what we call "fried corn" with bacon and onion), and I had a bite of FF's blackened grouper. The menu was interesting - lots to choose from - and the service was terrific (thanks, Allison!). The weather was crummy so we sat inside and it was quite cozy - not crowded cramped cozy, but nice cozy.

I had that grouper that last time we went a couple weeks back, it was awesome.

frequentflier

happy to be living

:cheers:

frequentflier

happy to be living
I had that grouper that last time we went a couple weeks back, it was awesome.[/QUOTE

Not a fish eater and people laugh at me (you know who you are!!) for triple rinsing cans of tuna to get rid of the fishy taste, I ordered the blackened grouper. Having eaten it only in FL; and not having had it for probably 25 years; it jumped out at me on the menu. Though I waffled at other choices on the menu, I kept going back to it.
It was delicious. I certainly was not disappointed at my choice. And would order it again.
Great place.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Fun night out with the gurls! :kiss:

I couldn't resist ordering their skratch cheese & sausage dip with frito scoops as an appy, and it was really good! They use a maple sausage, our server told us. :yum: I was going to order only appetizers for dinner, but their burger looked really awesome - it's a blend of brisket, short rib & ground chuck - and very tasty! I also had a garden salad & skratch corn. It was all very delicious, but I had to take half of my dinner home!

Nice little place, can't wait to go back with Foxhound to try a few more things on the menu! :yay: