Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Island Hideaway, it was great.

Finally got to try this place Sunday and we were not disappointed! We both ordered the seafood cannoli, but I had the Alfredo sauce and my dining companion had the marinara sauce. Both were tasty and full of yummy seafood. The pasta is homemade, tender, and cooked perfectly.

Definitely will be back to try more items. They were out of the seafood lasagna and I would love to sample that next.

Registered User luvmygdaughters's Avatar
    Daughters and I had lunch there on Saturday, we all got fish, they had grouper and I had mahi. Delicious!! We sat outside and it was so nice. I had a glass of grigio, one daughter had a glass of chardonnay and the other a miller lite. The bill was $140.00!! Its a little pricey, imho, but the food was good.

Blog Entries
    Nommy dinner at Island Hideaway tonight. I had the meatball app, their really crispy and super good wings, and a side of skratch corn (which is what we call "fried corn" with bacon and onion), and I had a bite of FF's blackened grouper. The menu was interesting - lots to choose from - and the service was terrific (thanks, Allison!). The weather was crummy so we sat inside and it was quite cozy - not crowded cramped cozy, but nice cozy.

Girls night!
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

Quote Originally Posted by vraiblonde View Post
    Nommy dinner at Island Hideaway tonight. I had the meatball app, their really crispy and super good wings, and a side of skratch corn (which is what we call "fried corn" with bacon and onion), and I had a bite of FF's blackened grouper. The menu was interesting - lots to choose from - and the service was terrific (thanks, Allison!). The weather was crummy so we sat inside and it was quite cozy - not crowded cramped cozy, but nice cozy.

Girls night!

I had that grouper that last time we went a couple weeks back, it was awesome.
    "I aim to misbehave."

Girls night!
    "It's nice to be important but it's also important to be nice."

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by glhs837 View Post
    I had that grouper that last time we went a couple weeks back, it was awesome.
    It was a winner.
    "Too much agreement kills a chat."
    ~Eldridge Cleaver

[QUOTE=glhs837;5920009]I had that grouper that last time we went a couple weeks back, it was awesome.[/QUOTE

Not a fish eater and people laugh at me (you know who you are!!) for triple rinsing cans of tuna to get rid of the fishy taste, I ordered the blackened grouper. Having eaten it only in FL; and not having had it for probably 25 years; it jumped out at me on the menu. Though I waffled at other choices on the menu, I kept going back to it.
    It was delicious. I certainly was not disappointed at my choice. And would order it again.
    Great place.

Girls night!
    What did KooKoo order?

Quote Originally Posted by Hank View Post
    What did KooKoo order?
    Oh, Hank. You're such a hoot.

Fun night out with the gurls!

I couldn't resist ordering their skratch cheese & sausage dip with frito scoops as an appy, and it was really good! They use a maple sausage, our server told us. I was going to order only appetizers for dinner, but their burger looked really awesome - it's a blend of brisket, short rib & ground chuck - and very tasty! I also had a garden salad & skratch corn. It was all very delicious, but I had to take half of my dinner home!

Nice little place, can't wait to go back with Foxhound to try a few more things on the menu!
    Quote Originally Posted by kwillia View Post
    That makes him a hoot and 3/4!

Members who have read this thread: 39