Baltimore Teacher Fired After Video Shows Her Calling Students N****r

Misfit

Lawful neutral
http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/education/bs-md-ci-teacher-video-20161117-story.html

Baltimore City teacher has been fired after she was captured on video using a racial epithet as she shouted at a classroom of middle-school students, school officials said.

If you don't get an education, she yelled at the class, you will wind up being "a punk-ass n— — who's going to get shot."

Baltimore school officials confirmed that the incident happened Tuesday at Harlem Park Elementary/Middle School in West Baltimore and said the teacher, whom they did not identify, has been fired. The school is mostly black; the teacher is white. The video has been viewed online more than 1 million times.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I don't have the temperament to teach in the St. Mary's County school system let alone in Baltimore City.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't have the temperament to teach in the St. Mary's County school system let alone in Baltimore City.

Post WWI, the nation benefited greatly from, literally, armies of ex soldiers and that skill set of mission, discipline and order that tends to be rather beneficial to kids, boys in particular. I had hoped there would be a new surge post Iraq of the same thing, men coming out, needing post war work, inducements to get them into teaching.

Alas. Another wasted resource.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Post WWI, the nation benefited greatly from, literally, armies of ex soldiers and that skill set of mission, discipline and order that tends to be rather beneficial to kids, boys in particular. I had hoped there would be a new surge post Iraq of the same thing, men coming out, needing post war work, inducements to get them into teaching.

A wasted resource... yes. The same outcome... questionable.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
A wasted resource... yes. The same outcome... questionable.

Certainly, there is great resistance to it or we'd be seeing it and, honestly, it's just one more disappointment from our era that there was no push for it. That said, the resistance to it would not preclude it from working. The very act of even stating it as a goal would have overcome enormous resistance. How does the teachers union say they don't want more members?

stgislander

PREMO Member
Certainly, there is great resistance to it or we'd be seeing it and, honestly, it's just one more disappointment from our era that there was no push for it. That said, the resistance to it would not preclude it from working. The very act of even stating it as a goal would have overcome enormous resistance. How does the teachers union say they don't want more members?

I just think the mindset of the population in general is different today. Our parents grew up during the Depression and WWII. They were the ones taught by those soldiers coming back from France. (That is unless they went to Catholic School and were taught by the Sisters.) I heard the stories. That America is not today's America for better or worse.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I just think the mindset of the population in general is different today. Our parents grew up during the Depression and WWII. They were the ones taught by those soldiers coming back from France. (That is unless they went to Catholic School and were taught by the Sisters.) I heard the stories. That America is not today's America for better or worse.

You're correct but a well timed idea, a good one, can make a difference. This requires leadership. Good, wise, principled.

officeguy

They were also allowed to beat students if necessary.

Hijinx

What's horrible about it ?.... if the shoe fits....

Well General Patton said If you want it to stick give it to them double dirty.

You can bet your butt that every black kid in that class can tell you what the white teacher said.
She was right in what she said. but that isn't the point.

Restitution

I wonder if the teacher can sue for discrimination?

Follow me on this..... teacher uses language that is publically displayed both in the open air AND in music, literature, etc. and really wasn't even using it in a "slanderous" way... and gets fired???

If it were me, I would sue for discrimination. Otherwise, I would have each and every child, parent, teacher, janitor, principal, secretary, ANYONE in that school, whom is heard to say the exact same phrase/word expelled and/or fired immediately and without question.

Something tells me that this particular word is slung around that learning institution on a daily basis. Just from the "non-Caucasian" persuasion!

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Follow me on this..... teacher uses language that is publically displayed both in the open air AND in music, literature, etc. and really wasn't even using it in a "slanderous" way... and gets fired???

If it were me, I would sue for discrimination. Otherwise, I would have each and every child, parent, teacher, janitor, principal, secretary, ANYONE in that school, whom is heard to say the exact same phrase/word expelled and/or fired immediately and without question.

Something tells me that this particular word is slung around that learning institution on a daily basis. Just from the "non-Caucasian" persuasion!

:gossip: Did you happen to note the complexion of the Superintendent of schools?

black dog

Free America

Yep.. I would enjoy being on that jury.