TFG can't leave office soon enough.

limblips

I would thinks as easily as Obama Can Put them in, Trump can remove them ALL of them, the last 8 years

I would hope so but it needs to be done as soon as he takes office. This is not to say that some of "the ones" executive orders don't have merit, but repeal them all immediately and then study and reintroduce those that are of value. Trump should not let EOs that were not thought out but enacted to appease an ego or to pay a political debt continue to impact the nation.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
Trump needs a special group in the transition office compiling the list of executive actions, memos, toilet paper, etc. that should stricken on January 20th. Then they can compile a list of regulations, rules, etc. that need to be undone by the Congress the following day. Lastly the group needs to compile a list of federal agencies, bureaus, offices and special individuals to be shown the door on day three.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I would thinks as easily as Obama Can Put them in, Trump can remove them ALL of them, the last 8 years

I'm not sure that's the case. If Obama makes an agreement (as POTUS) on behalf of the US, then the incoming administration may be bound to uphold that agreement.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not sure that's the case. If Obama makes an agreement (as POTUS) on behalf of the US, then the incoming administration may be bound to uphold that agreement.

I'm pretty sure that most of the new regulations issuing forth from the many government agencies involved (EPA, DHS, DoD, HHS, Agriculture, etc) are not "contractual agreements" and can easily be rescinded.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If Obama makes an agreement (as POTUS) on behalf of the US, then the incoming administration may be bound to uphold that agreement.

I am talking Regulations NOT Treaty's .... as easily as Obama puts them in, Trump can remove them.
.... I put up another thread about the Paris Climate Agreement - EU may get pissy and assign Trade Sanctions, they cannot stop the US from telling them to piss off

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I am talking Regulations NOT Treaty's .... as easily as Obama puts them in, Trump can remove them.
.... I put up another thread about the Paris Climate Agreement - EU may get pissy and assign Trade Sanctions, they cannot stop the US from telling them to piss off

When's the last time the Senate approved a treaty? Obongo can agree to any treaty or agreement, but without the Senate's approval, nobody is required to follow it.