Midnight Rule

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The House on Thursday passed legislation that would allow Congress to overturn in a single vote any regulations finalized in the last days of the Obama administration.

“The American people have said no to the continuance of the Obama administration’s policies,” he said.

“This bill guarantees that Congress can prevent any and all last-minute defiance of the people’s will by midnight regulations that stubbornly seem to entrench the last pieces of the administration's bipartisan agenda.”

House Republicans are doing everything in their power to keep the Obama administration from enacting any new rules in its final days.

http://thehill.com/regulation/306564-house-passes-bill-targeting-midnight-obama-regs

tommyjo

Actually, the American people voted for Ms. Clinton. The current tally has Mr. Trump receiving roughly 1.7 million fewer votes than Ms. Clinton.

The Electoral College will seat Mr. Trump as our next President.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Actually, the American people voted for Ms. Clinton. The current tally has Mr. Trump receiving roughly 1.7 million fewer votes than Ms. Clinton.

gawd...it's hard to describe how deeply satisfying it is to see your angst on public display.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

But the right people voted for Trump. You know the ones that count because they are among those who make a difference.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

TrumpCar.jpg

SamSpade

Because that's not only how it works, but how they campaigned. Hillary got a buttload of votes from California and New York. If there was a chance Trump could have won their Electoral votes, he would have campaigned there more heavily. They both ran their campaigns based on it.

But understand this - even with this "popular vote" - which as others have observed is like adding up all the runs in each game of the World Series - it's still less than one half for Hillary and less than that considering the large number that did NOT vote (which is always true).

The country elected Trump. All of those Blue Wall states could have gone to Hillary, but they didn't. If Trump was such a buffoon, it would have been closer to 90 percent for Hillary and people who don't vote would have shown up. They didn't. The nation elected him. They chose the "buffoon" over Hillary. As I said before, it's like being picked last for basketball behind a blind quadriplegic. It means - you suck.

Hijinx

We have the next woman running on her Vagina warming up.
Elizabeth Warren is campaigning already.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I just heard that the NFL is going to award a win to the team that gains the most yards. Because all these teams that lost kept saying "Well we gained more yards!"

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Which means Trump is a genius- a better strategist and much better tactician- which obviously means he has more and better presidential qualities than his opponent.

Anyone can win the popular vote, but the President will use the strategy that gives him the win.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer

stew77

With all of the fraud, being outed on various channels, and the proof that a whole lot of "DEAD" people voted; if you take out all of the frauds, popular vote...I am sure Trump won. So say what you want.. the Fraud was there in various states, even the sitting President told the illegals to vote as NOTHING will happen to them.. And I did not bring up the Va Governor that gave what 7000 FELONS back their right to vote and pusued the democrap way...!! What a total fiasco in the voting ranks...This is why the ELECTORAL VOTE was made and passed and elected our newest President.. So you CRY BABIES (and you know WHO you are) get over and STFU!!

littlelady

God bless the USA
With all of the fraud, being outed on various channels, and the proof that a whole lot of "DEAD" people voted; if you take out all of the frauds, popular vote...I am sure Trump won. So say what you want.. the Fraud was there in various states, even the sitting President told the illegals to vote as NOTHING will happen to them.. And I did not bring up the Va Governor that gave what 7000 FELONS back their right to vote and pusued the democrap way...!! What a total fiasco in the voting ranks...This is why the ELECTORAL VOTE was made and passed and elected our newest President.. So you CRY BABIES (and you know WHO you are) get over and STFU!!

:yay:Trump:yay:

SamSpade

Well

1. I don't care. Trump won and there is no "popular" vote. There is only an aggregate vote from different states which is meaningless.
2. Without data substantiating the claim, I have no reason to believe it. It doesn't matter if I think it's still true, without proof it is also meaningless.

This_person

To be meaningful, wouldn't this legislation have to become law, via a presidential signature (or presidential ignore for 10 days)?

So, the House passed legislation that will likely never see the president's desk, and if it does it will likely be vetoed, and not able to be overridden. In other words, they just wasted their time drafting, discussing, and voting on legislation known to never become law.

awpitt

Main Streeter
To be meaningful, wouldn't this legislation have to become law, via a presidential signature (or presidential ignore for 10 days)?

So, the House passed legislation that will likely never see the president's desk, and if it does it will likely be vetoed, and not able to be overridden. In other words, they just wasted their time drafting, discussing, and voting on legislation known to never become law.

Very true. Good point.

Clem72

Well

1. I don't care. Trump won and there is no "popular" vote. There is only an aggregate vote from different states which is meaningless.
2. Without data substantiating the claim, I have no reason to believe it. It doesn't matter if I think it's still true, without proof it is also meaningless.

There are probably two million republicans in California alone that didn't bother to vote. Why would they, except for the odd referendum they are marginalized in voting for every candidate in every election.