NYP editorial on "Hamilton" rudeness

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Karl Rove was also on point:

They could have made their point and actually helped unify the country.
Imagine if Mr. Dixon has not displayed such anger at the election but instead found just a few ounces of grace and delivered something along these lines:

“We, sir, are the part of the diverse nation that is America. With the election now past, we all hope for your administration’s success in defending our planet, our children, and the inalienable rights of every American. We are grateful you came and hope this show inspires you as you work on behalf of all the people of our common country.”

Mr. Dixon would have made his point but without being condescending or rude. It is a measure of Mike Pence’s basic decency that after being booed by a few self-righteous New Yorkers in the audience, who probably don’t know anyone who voted for Trump except maybe their doorman, that Mr. Pence stayed, patiently listened to Mr. Dixon’s supercilious lecture, and then gently took his leave.

It would have been so easy for Mr. Dixon to have made his point and helped the country heal while doing so. So easy, but apparently that was not the actor’s purpose. Shame.

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016...-said-this-to-vice-president-elect-pence.html

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
It seems that Pence is a bigger man than those who oppose him .Gracious ? It seems so.

Mike Pence is a class act all the way. I believe Donald Trump has hand-picked the next POTUS by selecting him. :yay:

SamSpade

My thoughts are like this --

When I lived in Boston, people would stand up in a theater and preach before the movie began. Of course, if they had done this DURING the movie, it would easily be grounds for ejection.

I've BEEN to concerts where the musicians wasted my time telling me about their religion - oddly enough, never Christian.

Basically - I'd be pissed if someone made my visit to a play about politics. It was bad enough when Steny turned my high school commencement speech about him and his campaign.

PsyOps

Pixelated
They are nothing but a bunch of intolerant leftists; so it's no surprise they did this.

Pence gets booed at ‘Hamilton’ – but look what HILLARY got when she went…

But we truly hope that this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and to work on behalf all of us. All of us” actor Brandon Dixon said to a round of applause.

All of us? Not only did Hillary NOT get a lecture of the same, but she was welcomed backstage with open arms as a hero.

Back in October, some actors from the play changed lyrics from the play to make them pro-Hillary and anti-Trump. This was at a benefit/fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, of course.

And that was hardly all! Back in May it was reported that “On July 12, the cast will put on a matinee showing in honor of Clinton — “Hamilton: An American Musical with special guest Hillary Rodham Clinton” — with tickets starting at $2,700 for a general seat and reaching as high as $100,000 for an “event chair” entry, which includes “two Premium Seats and Wrap Party with Hillary and other special guests, and Invitation to the Democratic National Convention,” according to Hillary Clinton’s official website. For $10,000, buyers will score a premium seat that includes a photo reception with Clinton; and for the $33,400 host ticket, ticketholders will sit in a premium seat as well as enjoy a “wrap party with Hillary and other special guests” after the show.”

It’s obvious who they were in the tank for. Their message to Pence wasn’t in good faith – it was an attempt to score political points.

They have no interest in fairness for "all of us", they want it THEIR way.

Clem72

I've BEEN to concerts where the musicians wasted my time telling me about their religion - oddly enough, never Christian.

Maybe 18 or 20 years ago Jewel "sang" at an event sponsored by my company. In reality she sat and talked about how hard her life has been, complained about the country, music industry, religion, IP rights, etc. for 2 hours and then sang 3 songs at the end.

If it were a concert, filled with fans who adored her and gave a crap about her stories that might be one thing, but all we wanted was live entertainment from a professional singer. We never made that mistake again.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
[video=youtube;kBaUxiym0CM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBaUxiym0CM[/video]

Hijinx

The man said diverse, when the ad they placed in the paper for actors stated No whites need apply.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/30/whites-need-not-apply-for-hamilton-open-audition/

Sounds pretty diverse to me.
As I said before knowing what the play was and that they had cheered Hillary when she attended and given Bernie a standing ovation, I would not have been there in the first place. I applaud Pence for his patience among this pack of hypocrites.I sincerely hope the show closes next week, but am sure the New York liberal Democrats will keep going. It's their kind of people and their kind of play.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
The man said diverse, when the ad they placed in the paper for actors stated No whites need apply.

Maybe you have forgotten that the word "diverse" doesn't mean varied, or mixed, or any other reasonable definition. To that crowd "diverse" means BLACK!

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/21/media/brandon-dixon-hamilton-pence-trump/index.html

The "Hamilton" star who read a message from the stage to Vice President-elect Mike Pence says the cast has "nothing to apologize for" -- despite President-elect Donald Trump's angry tweets.

Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr in the critically acclaimed hit, told "CBS This Morning" that the message was meant as a show of love and unity.

"We're not here to boo," Dixon said. "We're here to cheer each other on."

Hijinx

Brandon Victor Dixon, who plays Aaron Burr in the critically acclaimed hit, told "CBS This Morning" that the message was meant as a show of love and unity.

Bwahahaha Yeah I just bet it was.

Chris0nllyn

I can't believe Republicans are now calling things "Safe Spaces".

[video=youtube;cNdzGpY1Kso]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNdzGpY1Kso[/video]

I can't believe Trump got all huffy puffy on Twitter about it (well, that I can believe). Narcissism, thin skin, and authoritarian. What could go wrong? One thing's for sure, he'll never be as bad as Obama according to this crowd.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/799974635274194947?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't believe Trump got all huffy puffy on Twitter about it (well, that I can believe). Narcissism, thin skin, and authoritarian. What could go wrong? One thing's for sure, he'll never be as bad as Obama according to this crowd.

Oh stop with the "thin skin" crap. All that means is that you people think you should be able to call him every name in the book, accuse him of every misdeed you can think of, be rude mean bullies, and then call him thin skinned when he calls you out. It's getting as tiresome as calling every thing you disagree with "racist". :yawn:

Don't be a mindless hypocrite, Chris. Please. I ask you nicely. There are already a surplus of them, so please - be something else. Mindless hypocrites are so played out. I'll start a survey and get suggestions: "What should Chris be instead of a mindless hypocrite?"