The hysteria

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stories about people being uninvited from TG dinner because of....politics. Mostly it's Hillarybots uninviting their hate filled ignorant racist misogynist evil Hitler Trump voting family members. One on the other side, a young girl was told "don't come" because, by her owns words, she (the girl) is a militant SJW who told her mother that she has no intention of behaving herself at the dinner table with her Trump supporting family.

The NYT admitted they blew it and said that they would rethink their coverage of Trump. Then promptly filled the front pages of their paper with an onslaught of negative Trump stories.

I have experienced this personally, with these people who are so sucked into their ideology that they dump and are dumped. One of my old classmates - who's a freaking nut anyway - came on and started a bunch of crap with another friend, who she doesn't even know, mocking his religion and being a bitch in general. I told her to stop and she ramped up, so I blocked her. Then she apparently went through her friends list and unfriended everyone who didn't support Hillary - even the Gary voters.

Kanye West - I know, I know - said he'd have voted for Trump and the Twitterverse went crazy with threats and hate. And these are his people!!

My question is this:

How'd the Dems round up so many crazy people and get them on mental lockdown? Because I want to do that! I want to have millions of wildeyed bots who'll do my bidding without me having to do a single thing in return besides exist. I want to make millions and millions of dollars off them and be crazy rich while they lay in some hovel and threaten to kill anyone who says anything against me. I want them to scream and throw foaming fits at the very thought of anyone challenging me. I want to be Hitler, yet have millions of people believe that my opponent is Hitler. I want to be a cult figure.

Any ideas?

I need to research L. Ron Hubbard. If that loser schlump can do it, anyone can.

tommyjo

My question is this:

How'd the Dems round up so many crazy people and get them on mental lockdown? Because I want to do that! I want to have millions of wildeyed bots who'll do my bidding without me having to do a single thing in return besides exist. I want to make millions and millions of dollars off them and be crazy rich while they lay in some hovel and threaten to kill anyone who says anything against me. I want them to scream and throw foaming fits at the very thought of anyone challenging me. I want to be Hitler, yet have millions of people believe that my opponent is Hitler. I want to be a cult figure.

Any ideas?

So it is your opinion that only supporters of Ms. Clinton are crazy and on mental lockdown? What planet do you live on?

I guess since you haven't personally witnessed any of the post election negative activities that none of them happen?

Rush Limbaugh isn't a cultist? What would you call his followers?

Ann Coulter? The Infowars lunatic that nutjobs like MAlice continually cite?

You think they are sane, rational, educated adults?

Ahh the hypocrisy is REALLY strong with you.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So it is your opinion that only supporters of Ms. Clinton are crazy and on mental lockdown? What planet do you live on?

I guess since you haven't personally witnessed any of the post election negative activities that none of them happen?

Rush Limbaugh isn't a cultist? What would you call his followers?

Ann Coulter? The Infowars lunatic that nutjobs like MAlice continually cite?

You think they are sane, rational, educated adults?

Ahh the hypocrisy is REALLY strong with you.

So I can count on you to be my first disciple? Excellent!

Christy

b*tch rocket
You know, I've been pondering what the hell has happened to people in general. Left and right. I attribute it to the fact that social media has given them a "bubble" of sorts. A false perception of reality. It is very easy to surround yourself with "like minds" and not have to politely listen, and accept the fact that other people have opposing views. Very few people challenge their minds anymore. We regurgitate what we read, and close off our brains to anything that may challenge our own initial perceptions. We're no longer able to have polite debate, and on the converse, we're so damn overly sensitive, that any opposing view is taken as a personal slight. The forums still holds some semblance of this, but not nearly like it used to. We would spend days, intelligently debating our various opposing views, and we all got a lot out of it. Even some of the craziest of ideas were discussed, and opinions changed. Remember the "kissing cousins"? :lol: I have no idea how they found this place, but they came on, and at first we were all like "WTF?", :yikes: but they presented a solid argument in their favor and most of us were swayed to their side. This rarely happens anymore. All of the great lefties of the forum are gone. :bawl: Now it's just a bunch of butt hurt lunatics. :mad:

littlelady

God bless the USA
You know, I've been pondering what the hell has happened to people in general. Left and right. I attribute it to the fact that social media has given them a "bubble" of sorts. A false perception of reality. It is very easy to surround yourself with "like minds" and not have to politely listen, and accept the fact that other people have opposing views. Very few people challenge their minds anymore. We regurgitate what we read, and close off our brains to anything that may challenge our own initial perceptions. We're no longer able to have polite debate, and on the converse, we're so damn overly sensitive, that any opposing view is taken as a personal slight. The forums still holds some semblance of this, but not nearly like it used to. We would spend days, intelligently debating our various opposing views, and we all got a lot out of it. Even some of the craziest of ideas were discussed, and opinions changed. Remember the "kissing cousins"? :lol: I have no idea how they found this place, but they came on, and at first we were all like "WTF?", :yikes: but they presented a solid argument in their favor and most of us were swayed to their side. This rarely happens anymore. All of the great lefties of the forum are gone. :bawl: Now it's just a bunch of butt hurt lunatics. :mad:

Debating has become a moot point; so to speak. People voted Trump in for change from the insanity of it all, but it caused worse insanity. I don't know the answer to the outrage of it all. But, I do know I am prepared for the worst. I can't believe what I see happening in my beloved country. Unbelievable. God bless, America.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
My question is this:

How'd the Dems round up so many crazy people and get them on mental lockdown?

someone posted or I read online recently the Progressive Actions / Reactions check all the boxes of a 'Is This A Cult' list

Characteristics Associated with Cultic Groups - Revised

Compare these patterns to the situation you were in (or in which you, a family member, or friend is currently involved). This list may help you determine if there is cause for concern. Bear in mind that this list is not meant to be a �cult scale� or a definitive checklist to determine if a specific group is a cult. This is not so much a diagnostic instrument as it is an analytical tool.

• The group displays excessively zealous and unquestioning commitment to its leader and (whether he is alive or dead) regards his belief system, ideology, and practices as the Truth, as law.
  • ‪Questioning, doubt, and dissent are discouraged or even punished.
  • ‪Mind-altering practices (such as meditation, chanting, speaking in tongues, denunciation sessions, and debilitating work routines) are used in excess and serve to suppress doubts about the group and its leader(s).
  • ‪The leadership dictates, sometimes in great detail, how members should think, act, and feel (for example, members must get permission to date, change jobs, marry�or leaders prescribe what types of clothes to wear, where to live, whether or not to have children, how to discipline children, and so forth).
  • ‪The group is elitist, claiming a special, exalted status for itself, its leader(s) and members (for example, the leader is considered the Messiah, a special being, an avatar�or the group and/or the leader is on a special mission to save humanity).
  • ‪The group has a polarized us-versus-them mentality, which may cause conflict with the wider society.

Enough with the Hillary cult: Her admirers ignore reality, dream of worshipping a queen
Clinton voters overlook money lust, shadowy surrogates, sociopathic policy shifts, horrific overseas record. Why?

Paul Krugman: Thank Goodness Democrats Don’t Create Cults of Personality Around Undeserving Politicians

“I know, now I’m supposed to be evenhanded, and point out equivalent figures on the Democratic side. But there really aren’t any; in modern America, cults of personality built around undeserving politicians seem to be a Republican thing,” Krugman writes.

When you think politician and “cult of personality” in the same sentence, what comes to mind? Is it something like this?

hope.jpg

Do you remember the 2008 convention speech? Obama delivered it in front of 80,000 fans on what Reuters called “an elaborate columned stage resembling a miniature Greek temple.”

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Stories about people being uninvited from TG dinner because of....politics. Mostly it's Hillarybots uninviting their hate filled ignorant racist misogynist evil Hitler Trump voting family members. One on the other side, a young girl was told "don't come" because, by her owns words, she (the girl) is a militant SJW who told her mother that she has no intention of behaving herself at the dinner table with her Trump supporting family.

The NYT admitted they blew it and said that they would rethink their coverage of Trump. Then promptly filled the front pages of their paper with an onslaught of negative Trump stories.

I have experienced this personally, with these people who are so sucked into their ideology that they dump and are dumped. One of my old classmates - who's a freaking nut anyway - came on and started a bunch of crap with another friend, who she doesn't even know, mocking his religion and being a bitch in general. I told her to stop and she ramped up, so I blocked her. Then she apparently went through her friends list and unfriended everyone who didn't support Hillary - even the Gary voters.
I had a couple of people unfriend me - couldn't say who they were, because I couldn't pinpoint them - I just saw the friend number decrease. Oh, well! :rolleyes:

Foxhound and I are not sure, but we haven't been invited to any of the family's TG dinners, yet. It's possible since his parents are south and on a cruise and several of the siblings also have their own inlaws - they may be getting together elsewhere. We've planned our own dinner, but it seems odd not to have heard from them at all about the plans. We see the posts of at least one of the relatives who is definitely a Hilbot. I would call her rabidly ate up with it. Lovely (college educated with a great job - her & hubby just bought their first house) young woman, but the things she is posting is just total drivel.

She posted yesterday about the views of Trump regarding college loans. She and several of her friends were lamenting the fact that Trump might be getting rid of the "Public Service Loan Forgiveness" program. They stated they would both "be screwed" if that program goes away. I was in the dark on that subject, since my son didn't go the route of college, and I had no idea there was such a program. Must be nice to take out hundreds of dollars in loans to get a college degree and not have to pay it all back. :rolleyes:

:yay: The politics forum was the forum I spend most of my time in way back when. Remember Bruzilla? Fun times. :lol:

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
She and several of her friends were lamenting the fact that Trump might be getting rid of the "Public Service Loan Forgiveness" program. They stated they would both "be screwed" if that program goes away.

IIRC - you basically work for the GOV [I think at a reduced rate] to 'pay back' your loans with Public Service

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Either go into politics or start a religion. It's a tiny difference.

Start a religion? Why go through all the trouble of a start up when you can just join an existing one and go from there?

People wanna believe, really really badly. When you start with understanding that, it's a whole lot easier to understand the rest be it religion, politics, sports, the environment, burial grounds, what's in our food, you name it. Everywhere emotion based reasoning is applied, the potential exists for irrational behavior. It is innate in us because, stealing this, we bear all the stamps of our lowly origin. Our frontal lobes are small, our adrenaline glands are large.

Pretty simple stuff given how much we've learned over the years. :shrug:

Bann

PREMO Member
IIRC - you basically work for the GOV [I think at a reduced rate] to 'pay back' your loans with Public Service

I know, I read up on the basic gist of it. You do have to work for 10 years and then you get all those other terms. :yay:

But still - that is ONE issue, one situation where the Hilbots are creating hysteria where there is nothing to get excited about. (there are others that people are creating hysteria over) I'm sure that people who are already in that program would be allowed to keep the terms of their particular loans - whatever they are. (Overall, it doesn't sound like a "bad" program - working off part of the % of the loan payments) But why create hysteria over it? It's not like "the POTUS" would legally be able to just change the terms of the loans. :rolleyes:

It's just the senseless hysteria over nothing. Just making sh*t up.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It's not like "the POTUS" would legally be able to just change the terms of the loans. :rolleyes:

It's just the senseless hysteria over nothing. Just making sh*t up.

But if, as he says he will, he freezes Federal hiring, it'll make those who thought they'd dodge loan payback have to seek work where they're required to show up, do the work, rinse and repeat.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
It's appalling that anyone would remove loved ones from their lives over politics. This is what cults do, though. They remove any threat to what they believe, what they're doing, because the alternative would require them to admit they are wrong.

Bann

PREMO Member
But if, as he says he will, he freezes Federal hiring, it'll make those who thought they'd dodge loan payback have to seek work where they're required to show up, do the work, rinse and repeat.

True. :lmao:

There are also any number of "governments" you can work for besides the FED. There are state and local governments...and the regulations also included non-profit organizations, as well.

Bann

PREMO Member
It's appalling that anyone would remove loved ones from their lives over politics. This is what cults do, though. They remove any threat to what they believe, what they're doing, because the alternative would require them to admit they are wrong.

:yay:

SamSpade

Start a religion?

I was keying off of DeeJay's earlier reference to L. Ron Hubbard, who presumably once said

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wanted to make a million dollars, the best way to do it would be start his own religion".

(But in reality, he said it MANY times in many ways).

littlelady

God bless the USA
Either go into politics or start a religion. It's a tiny difference.

You summed it up. I have an example. My son in law played golf last weekend with his buddies he has grown up with; he is 39. At the clubhouse, his best friend since early childhood, who had too many beers, lit into him because he is a Repub and voted Trump. Not to mention that the other two of the foursome are Repub. For some reason, he zeroed in on my sil, and said some really hurtful things. Now, we are in a real fix because that "friend" and his wife (and 2 little boys 10 months apart with special needs) are coming to Thanksgiving dinner. That can't be undone. I hope it goes well. My take on this is that the "friend" is not a happy camper in his life, and uses politics to vent. Sad, really. But, it will be a great Thanksgiving. I will make sure of it. Why are some people so angry that Trump won; somebody had to lose, and that was Hillary. It's about time. Anyway, my dad always called me 'little miss fix it'. I have done great so far. Happy Thanksgiving, y'all. I know I am thankful.

Last edited: