Stop the Alt-Right! (Neo-Nazis)

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
trump178.jpg

SamSpade

Can someone actually tell me WHAT the alt-right is? I mean, besides the general "whatever the left says it is".

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
LMAO!! bongboy couldn't kick a flea off of a field mouse. And that silly graphic is implausible; lefty progs are not the ones carrying firearms. They carry signs and tofu snacks.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can someone actually tell me WHAT the alt-right is? I mean, besides the general "whatever the left says it is".

as usual, the devil is in the Details .... not everything 'Alt-Right' is fascist Neo Nazi
[except everyone the right - by progressive thinking]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alt-right

Beliefs

The alt-right has no formal ideology, with the Associated Press stating that there is "no one way to define its ideology."[33][34] There is no formal organization and it is not clear if the alt-right can be considered as a movement; according to a 2016 description in the Columbia Journalism Review: "Because of the nebulous nature of anonymous online communities, nobody’s entirely sure who the alt-righters are and what motivates them. It’s also unclear which among them are true believers and which are smart-ass troublemakers trying to ruffle feathers."[24] Many of its own proponents often claim they are joking or seeking to provoke an outraged response.[3] Andrew Marantz of The New Yorker describes it as "a label, like 'snob' or 'hipster,' that is often disavowed by people who exemplify it".[35]

It has been said to include elements of white nationalism,[1][2][3] white supremacism,[29][5][6] antisemitism,[1][2][16] right-wing populism,[3] nativism,[18] and the neoreactionary movement.[20] Andrew Marantz includes "neo-monarchists, masculinists, conspiracists, belligerent nihilists".[35] Newsday columnist Cathy Young noted the alt-right's strong opposition to both legal and illegal immigration and its hard-line stance on the European migrant crisis.[36] Robert Tracinski of The Federalist has written that the alt-right opposes miscegenation and advocates collectivism as well as tribalism.[37] Nicole Hemmer stated on NPR that political correctness is seen by the alt-right as "the greatest threat to their liberty."[12]

Commonalities among the loosely-defined alt-right include a disdain for mainstream politics as well as support for Donald Trump's 2016 presidential campaign.[3][38]

While the label of white nationalism is disputed by some political commentators including Allum Bokhari and Milo Yiannopoulos,[39] prominent alt-right figures such as Andrew Anglin of The Daily Stormer and Jazzhands McFeels of Fash the Nation have embraced the term as the core philosophy their movement is based on.[40][41] In response to a Washington Post article that portrayed the movement as "offensiveness for the sake of offensiveness", Anglin said "No it isn't. The goal is to ethnically cleanse White nations of non-Whites and establish an authoritarian government. Many people also believe that the Jews should be exterminated."[42][43]

Milo Yiannopoulos claims that some "young rebels" are drawn to the alt-right not for deeply political reasons but "because it promises fun, transgression, and a challenge to social norms."[44] According to the New Yorker, "testing the strength of the speech taboos that revolve around conventional politics-of what can be said, and how directly", is a major component alt-right identity.[44] The beliefs that make the alt-right perceptible as a movement "are in their essence not matters of substance but of style", and the alt-right's tone may just be concealing "a more familiar politics."[44]

http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/03/29/an-establishment-conservatives-guide-to-the-alt-right/

You Can’t Whitewash The Alt-Right’s Bigotry
The alt-right movement counters the toxic culture of the left with a toxic brew of its own: a mix of old bigotries and new identity and victimhood politics adapted for the straight white male.

Who’d have thought that in 2016, we would be discussing whether mainstream Republicans and conservatives should be nicer to white nationalists? Yet here we are.

The debate is, of course, about the “alternative right,” suddenly propelled into visibility by its fervent embrace of Donald Trump’s presidential candidacy. Recently, it was the subject of a long, sympathetic article by Allum Bokhari and Milo Yiannopoulos at Breitbart.com, the Trump-loving site that some, including ex-Breitbart writer Brian Cates, have long accused of courting the alt-right. (For the record, I have had a cordial professional relationship with both authors, have been on a panel with both of them and have appeared twice on Yiannopoulos’s webcast.)

In a nutshell, the article argues that, while the alt-right does have some actual—but, worry not, utterly irrelevant!—white supremacists and neo-Nazis in its ranks, it is mostly a loose alliance of maverick intellectuals, traditionalists who feel unrepresented in the mainstream political establishment, and cheeky young rebels who post racist slurs and memes just to annoy the pearl-clutching guardians of political correctness.

While this taxonomy of the alt-right is interesting, it is ultimately—as it were—a whitewash, full of far-fetched arguments and misleading claims that consistently downplay this movement’s ugly bigotry.

also from that bastion of right wing praise the BBC:

Trump disavows 'alt-right' supporters

Donald Trump has repudiated the fringe "alt-right" group that celebrated his election win with Nazi salutes.

In a far-ranging interview with the New York Times, the US president-elect was quoted as saying: "I condemn them. I disavow, and I condemn."

He said he did not want to "energise" the group, which includes neo-Nazis, white nationalists and anti-Semites.

Alt-right supporters were filmed on Saturday in Washington DC cheering as a speaker shouted: "Hail Trump."

In the video, Richard Spencer, a leader of the "alt-right" movement, told a conference of members that America belongs to white people, whom he described as "children of the sun".

Last edited:

SamSpade

See, what I *don't* see - and the other sources I've looked up regarding the "alt-right" concur - there doesn't seem to be a cohesive philosophy or set of beliefs other than being provocative.
Nothing lines them all up. If you ask "what do they believe?" you won't even get a list of ideas they're "supposed" to believe (because conservatives, liberal and libertarians are 'supposed' to believe some things, but don't always).

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
See, what I *don't* see - and the other sources I've looked up regarding the "alt-right" concur - there doesn't seem to be a cohesive philosophy or set of beliefs other than being provocative.
Nothing lines them all up. If you ask "what do they believe?" you won't even get a list of ideas they're "supposed" to believe (because conservatives, liberal and libertarians are 'supposed' to believe some things, but don't always).

nope ... but SWJ are quick to find the Neo Nazi in the hay stack and label Alt-Right Nazi

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm right there with you Sam. I looked it up early on and was still scratching my head. Just some more BS that the elite media establishment created to give a name to something that they were trying to identify, but couldn't because it was so vague. Guess what? Still vague.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm right there with you Sam. I looked it up early on and was still scratching my head. Just some more BS that the elite media establishment created to give a name to something that they were trying to identify, but couldn't because it was so vague. Guess what? Still vague.

It's struck me as one of those "Well I don't know what it is but I still don't like it!!" things.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Just some more BS that the elite media establishment created to give a name to something that they were trying to identify, but couldn't because it was so vague.

:cds:

OMG NAZI'S ....... still makes people flinch
... IMHO its this new Racist / Homophobia

against affirmative action = racist
against gay marriage = hate queers
for your own country = nativist [although that is not sticking so well beyond the election]

since since this new movement doesn't really fit - find a guy like Richard Spencer you can call a Nazi, paint the entire thing Right Wing Nazi's

the best the SJW can do right now is keep mentioning Trump and NAZI in the same sentence

Radiant1

Soul Probe

The term Nazi certainly does provoke certain reactions out of people, and provocation is apparently the unifying factor of the "alt-right". Therefore, the alt-right likely does not object to the term Nazi because it furthers their cause to provoke a group of people.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The term Nazi certainly does provoke certain reactions out of people, and provocation is apparently the unifying factor of the "alt-right". Therefore, the alt-right likely does not object to the term Nazi because it furthers their cause to provoke a group of people.

What exactly is the "alt-right"? Or who is it? Or both?

I thought that mindless provocation was a specialty of BLM..Occupy Democrats..those sorts of riff raff. No?