Alt-Right

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What even is that? As far as I can tell, the Left is hysterical (imagine that) because they think it's white supremacists.

What's so wrong with white people voting in their own interest and identifying with their race? Black people do it all the time and supposedly that's a wonderful thing. But you let some white person do it and all hell breaks loose.

How is it different than Black Power? Or Gay Pride? Or any other identity group? Why is it so terrible to be a white hetero person? Quite frankly, most of the great things we have and are in this country is because of white heteros. Why are we being disparaged for that?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
While we're at it, why is it so terrible to be a "white nationalist"? I'm white, I'm a nationalist - why is that a bad thing? If you're a black nationalist, that's apparently just peachy. If you're a globalist of any color, you're solid. But be white, and loyal to your country instead of wanting to turn it into Botswana, and according to the progbot media you suck.

Help?

glhs837

Power with Control
While we're at it, why is it so terrible to be a "white nationalist"? I'm white, I'm a nationalist - why is that a bad thing? If you're a black nationalist, that's apparently just peachy. If you're a globalist of any color, you're solid. But be white, and loyal to your country instead of wanting to turn it into Botswana, and according to the progbot media you suck.

Help?

Sure, got you covered. You parse that as a white person who is also a American nationalist. They see that as a person who is a nationalist for a white America. See the difference? And they do exist. But like the "rainbow braclet parties" and so many things, the press has a habit of making these huge boogeymen out of what's either pretty tiny or non-existent.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
Interested in some responses because I asked this question last week.

It seems to me that an Alt-right person would be hard core into Constitutionalism, maybe?

You can have black pride, gay pride, Irish pride, Spanish pride but damn it if you have white pride, YOU are a racist.... at least that is the way the media presents it. :ohwell:

I think the intent of this administration is to dismantle the government to the bare bones as the constitution intended at least that is where I think Bannon is as far as thinking.

Hijinx

Help?

It's been like that for a long time now.
A couple of years back in this very forum a statement like yours would have brought forth charges of racism (probably even by yourself)
People bent over backwards to ignore the racism of blacks by accepting their charges of racism against whites.

Perhaps people are waking up. It's about time.

SamSpade

It's probably this idiocy called "globalism" which ultimately wants to erase borders completely.

An idea that only works at all so long as the entire world is on board with the same ideas and doesn't want anything special for themselves.

Because you know, THAT always works.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
It's probably this idiocy called "globalism" which ultimately wants to erase borders completely.

An idea that only works at all so long as the entire world is on board with the same ideas and doesn't want anything special for themselves.

Because you know, THAT always works.

Getting real close to the mic, "wrong."

I do know it is more like the opposite of that...

I had never heard the term before until the media starting rattling it off; in fact, it wasn't even on wikipedia until last week.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Getting real close to the mic, "wrong."

I do know it is more like the opposite of that...

I had never heard the term before until the media starting rattling it off; in fact, it wasn't even on wikipedia until last week.

Like I posted above, Hillary used the term on the campaign trail and it became the Left's new favorite pejorative.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The first time I remember seeing alt-right is when someone on here posted of video of Milo Yiannopoulos explaining what he believed alt-right was.

PsyOps

Pixelated
I posted this in another thread that white supremacist Richard Spencer of the National Policy Institute has staked claim of the term. So, the alt-right is used to represent the neo-Nazi, white supremacy movement.

tommyjo

Help?

How is it that you claim to be informed and media savvy? Why would you come here to ask these questions and not do ANY research? You know actual intellectual searches...not just reading Brietbart, zerohedge or any of the other right wing echo chamber sites.

Bann

PREMO Member
How is it that you claim to be informed and media savvy? Why would you come here to ask these questions and not do ANY research? You know actual intellectual searches...not just reading Brietbart, zerohedge or any of the other right wing echo chamber sites.

FB_IMG_1479656189850.jpg

Dakota

~~~~~~~

So you don't know what alt-right really is either :rolleyes:

SamSpade

You really AREN'T a real person, are you? You're just one of the regulars on here with a new name pretending to be a leftie, but only to make them all look like whiny argumentative nitwits.

Because it doesn't appear that anyone has a clear definition of what it is other than a pejorative for "conservatives we really don't like".
Including you.

Bann

PREMO Member
Like I posted above, Hillary used the term on the campaign trail and it became the Left's new favorite pejorative.

Dakota - sorry! I didn't realize I posted in the OTHER tread about Alt-Right. :doh:

Forum Runner is so tedious on a cellohone sometimes. :ohwell: