Abolish the Office of the First Lady

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Melania Trump has done the nation a great service by deciding to maintain Trump Tower as her full-time residence and not to move to the White House any time soon. But her resistance shouldn’t stop there. Now is as good a time as any to eliminate the ceremonial office of the “first lady,” that abhorrent honorific we apply to the president’s wife, and encourage the first spouse to live like an ordinary citizen. All we need is for Melania to agree.

Yes, defund the ridiculously large staff that currently earns upward of $1.5 million a year serving Michelle Obama; abolish the federally funded bully pulpit from which the presidential spouses have historically advocated for healthy eating, literacy, child welfare, anti-drug programs, mental health issues and beautification of highways. The president’s spouse isn’t a specimen of American royalty. By giving her a federal budget and nonstop press coverage, we endorse a pernicious kind of neo-nepotism that says, pay special attention to the person not because she’s earned it or is inherently worthy of our notice but because of who she’s related to by marriage. "

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/abolish-the-office-of-the-first-lady-214471

trump181.jpg

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
WTF

:confused:

is this because its Trump ?

Hmmm ....from the OP

My beef isn’t against Melania Trump, the next first spouse, who seems to be a poised, harmless individual. I actually started composing this column in my head when the election of Hillary Clinton seemed inevitable. We already give mega-millionaire Bill Clinton a huge payout to run and staff his office under the federal Former Presidents Act. He’s collected in excess of $16 million since 2001. Why, I thought, give him additional funding and staff as first spouse?

[nice picture dickhead]

Last edited:
Can someone back the short bus up and explain to me why the constant outrage and negativity because she stated that she will not move into the White House in January for the main reason of letting their son finish out his school year. And furthermore, what is the big deal if she allows him to stay in the same school next year as well? There is no way her security detail for coverage in New York can con near the cost of Michelle with kids and her mother in tow traveling the globe for the past 8 years so that point is moot. Why is it an outrage?

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Yeah, you dicks didn't think that when it was Michelle, so go screw yourselves. :loser:

I'm so sick of it. We have watched for 8 years as the Obamas lived as high on that hog as they could reach.

Now might be a good time to mention that I also believe it has cost the US taxpayers probably the highest amount of money *ever* in our history to protect the first Black President for 8 years.

There. I said it.

So, yeah - all these people can just screw off.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Can someone back the short bus up and explain to me why the constant outrage and negativity because she stated that she will not move into the White House in January for the main reason of letting their son finish out his school year. And furthermore, what is the big deal if she allows him to stay in the same school next year as well? There is no way her security detail for coverage in New York can con near the cost of Michelle with kids and her mother in tow traveling the globe for the past 8 years so that point is moot. Why is it an outrage?

Exactly. Not to mention the cost of protecting her husband. :rolleyes:

Hijinx

I wonder what it costs the Secret Service to protect Bill Clinton and family.
Pretty sure Bill and Hillary don't live together so that is two separate houses to watch, and Hillary owns two, one in DC and the other that the Secret Service is paying for by renting her garage. Don't know if Chelsea gets protection.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I wonder what it costs the Secret Service to protect Bill Clinton and family.
Pretty sure Bill and Hillary don't live together so that is two separate houses to watch, and Hillary owns two, one in DC and the other that the Secret Service is paying for by renting her garage. Don't know if Chelsea gets protection.

The hypocrisy of it all is the true never ending story. So sick of it. No ganders in the Dem Party. Yeah, Right. :rolleyes:

Did you see what I did there? Trying to find my sense of humor. I think I unpacked it after our move, but not sure. :lol:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_NeverEnding_Story_(film)

Last edited:

Pete

Repete
Yeah, you dicks didn't think that when it was Michelle, so go screw yourselves. :loser:

IF I were a lefty I would be outraged and worried. Imagine Trumps mood if he is not getting regular boom-boom time. It is a national security issue.