Some Fake News Publishers Just Happen to Be Donald Trump’s Cronies

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" The extraordinary phenomenon of fake news spread by Facebook and other social media during the 2016 presidential election has been largely portrayed as a lucky break for Donald Trump.

By that reckoning, entrepreneurial Macedonian teenagers, opportunists in Tblisi and California millennials have exploited social media algorithms in order to make money — only incidentally leading to the viral proliferation of mostly anti-Clinton and anti-Obama hoaxes and conspiracy theories that thrilled many Trump supporters. The Washington Post published a shoddy report on Thursday alleging that Russian state-sponsored propagandists were seeking to promote Trump through fabricated stories, independent of the candidate himself.

But a closer look reveals that some of the biggest fake news providers were run by experienced political operators well within the orbit of Donald Trump’s political advisers and consultants.

Laura Ingraham, a close Trump ally currently under consideration to be Trump’s White House press secretary, owns an online publisher called Ingraham Media Group that runs a number of sites, including LifeZette, a news site that frequently posts articles of dubious veracity. One video produced by LifeZette this summer, ominously titled “Clinton Body Count,” promoted a conspiracy theory that the Clinton family had some role in the plane crash death of John F. Kennedy, Jr., as well as the deaths of various friends and Democrats.

The video, published on Facebook from LifeZette’s verified news account, garnered over 400,000 shares and 14 million views.

Another LifeZette video, picking up false claims from other sites, claimed that voting machines “might be compromised” because a voting machine company called Smartmatic, allegedly providing voting machines “in sixteen states,” was purchased by the liberal billionaire George Soros. Soros never purchased the company, and Smartmatic did not provide voting machines used in the general election. "

https://theintercept.com/2016/11/26/laura-ingraham-lifezette/

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
" The extraordinary phenomenon of fake news spread by Facebook and other social media during the 2016 presidential election has been largely portrayed as a lucky break for Donald Trump.

That first sentence is too ridiculous to even consider. Unless you were in a coma or are so mindless you'll believe anything your handlers try and shove down your throat, FB and other social media was clearly anti-Trump and pro-Hillary. SO! Since you led with a stupid sentence that is demonstrably false, I can only assume the rest of the story is just as stupid and false, and won't waste my time reading it. Thanks for saving me some time. :yay:

Hijinx

That first sentence is too ridiculous to even consider. Unless you were in a coma or are so mindless you'll believe anything your handlers try and shove down your throat, FB and other social media was clearly anti-Trump and pro-Hillary. SO! Since you led with a stupid sentence that is demonstrably false, I can only assume the rest of the story is just as stupid and false, and won't waste my time reading it. Thanks for saving me some time. :yay:

The media was so against Trump that their reports were mostly fake.

Still are, such as his transition team is behind, when they are actually ahead.