Pipeline Prot4est Turns into White Hippie Fest

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Complaints grow over whites turning Dakota Access protest into hippie festival

Tension brews within camps as outsiders trash camps, mooch off tribe

“Need to get something off my chest that I witnessed and found very disturbing in my brief time there that I believe many others have started to speak up about as well. White people colonizing the camps,” said Alicia Smith on Facebook.

“They are coming in, taking food, clothing etc and occupying space without any desire to participate in camp maintenance and without respect of tribal protocols,” she said. “These people are treating it like it is Burning Man or The Rainbow Gathering and I even witnessed several wandering in and out of camps comparing it to those festivals.”

[clip]

As many as 3,000 people have moved in and out of the southern North Dakota camps since Aug. 10. Some protesters belong to the Standing Rock and other tribes, but many are students, environmental activists and agitators with criminal records who have ignored Mr. Archambault’s repeated calls for peaceful demonstrations.

“Before this entire movement started, that was some of the most beautiful land around,” Mr. Archambault said. “There was a place down there where eagles, over 100 eagles would come and land. There were game down there—deer, pheasants, elk, geese. Now, it’s occupied by people. And when masses of people come to one place, we don’t take care of it.”

talk about co-opting ...... :lol: