Thread: Boarding

Boarding

I'm putting out feelers for boarding for my two geldings. I'm not looking for a fancy facility as one of my guys is pretty much retired and the other is my trail horse. I don't need an indoor or access to a trainer or eventing. It would be nice if there were some pastures or trails on-site to go hack out on though. :) I'm very willing to come down daily and feed/clean up after my horses for a reduced rate, but would prefer that hay is provided by the owner so that I don't have to worry about getting it trucked in. It would also be nice if the owner/caretaker is available daily just in case of inclement weather or other situations where I might not be able to make it down to care for them. I would like to stay within 10 to 15 miles of Brandywine, MD. I don't require trailer parking. I do have quite a bit of tack so a dry tack room or other area to store it would be great. I'm perfectly fine with just a private residence that offers boarding. It doesn't need to be a "horse facility." :)

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Sioranth View Post
    I'm putting out feelers for boarding for my two geldings. I'm not looking for a fancy facility as one of my guys is pretty much retired and the other is my trail horse. I don't need an indoor or access to a trainer or eventing. It would be nice if there were some pastures or trails on-site to go hack out on though. :) I'm very willing to come down daily and feed/clean up after my horses for a reduced rate, but would prefer that hay is provided by the owner so that I don't have to worry about getting it trucked in. It would also be nice if the owner/caretaker is available daily just in case of inclement weather or other situations where I might not be able to make it down to care for them. I would like to stay within 10 to 15 miles of Brandywine, MD. I don't require trailer parking. I do have quite a bit of tack so a dry tack room or other area to store it would be great. I'm perfectly fine with just a private residence that offers boarding. It doesn't need to be a "horse facility." :)

Thanks!
    I can't help you, but welcome to the forums!
    You have become responsible forever, for what you have tamed. "Antoine de Saint Exupery"

It's not fancy but Marlboro Horse Farm sounds like it may fit the bill. http://www.marlborohorsefarm.com/

Feel free to say Christina Dale recommended them. My mare is there. :)
    Phyxius Photos
    Christina Dale - Equine Photography.

Thanks everyone! I found a great place. :)

Members who have read this thread: 3