To the two cars that tailgated us today on St. Andrew's Church Road. . .

Restless

You could have caused a serious accident today but my daughter held it together until you turned off further down the road. Why would you tailgate a car with a "rookie driver" bumper sticker on it? Don't you know that the driver is new and nervous? Do you think it is funny to frighten them?

I thought having the sticker on our car would warn people to be careful around us as our teen gets used to driving. I didn't think it would make some people want to be jerks.

Sorry, I had to vent.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You could have caused a serious accident today but my daughter held it together until you turned off further down the road. Why would you tailgate a car with a "rookie driver" bumper sticker on it? Don't you know that the driver is new and nervous? Do you think it is funny to frighten them?

I thought having the sticker on our car would warn people to be careful around us as our teen gets used to driving. I didn't think it would make some people want to be jerks.

Sorry, I had to vent.

Don't be sorry. #######s live amongst us; as we know. That is ridiculous what they did. They, obviously, have a problem. Good for your daughter to not get flustered. Even the most seasoned drivers encounter this problem, frequently. Are people in that much of a hurry, or are they just #######s? When I encounter a stuck up my bumper driver, I look for the next turn to get off the road, or just pull over on the shoulder, and let them move on. I have no desire to be part of their bad driving, or potential accident causing. See ya at the next red light! :lol:

One more thing. Tell your dot that I am 61 years old; driving since 16, and never got a ticket in my life; that will be on my tombstone. The reason I have not is because I followed the rules, and never let the arseholes get the better of me. Give them room for their road rage nonsense, and feel sorry for them. Don't let them take you with them; so to speak. Easy does it.

Last edited:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
My oldest is a new driver too and he's said on many occasions that he now understands why we swear so much while driving.

glhs837

Power with Control

Sorry, I had to vent.

One reason I never used those stickers. Thought it might make them a target for dillweeds. Another aspect is that other folks might screw them by doing unexpected things the other way. I figured it was better that they get used to being treated like any other car on the roadway.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
One reason I never used those stickers. Thought it might make them a target for dillweeds. Another aspect is that other folks might screw them by doing unexpected things the other way. I figured it was better that they get used to being treated like any other car on the roadway.

Kind of like the "Baby on board" signs. I doubt they stopped anyone from driving like an idiot just because they saw a car nearby that might have a baby in it. My son got lots of "real world" driving experience over the Thanksgiving break. Drove several consecutive hours on the Interstate to/from Georgia.

glhs837

Power with Control
Kind of like the "Baby on board" signs. I doubt they stopped anyone from driving like an idiot just because they saw a car nearby that might have a baby in it. My son got lots of "real world" driving experience over the Thanksgiving break. Drove several consecutive hours on the Interstate to/from Georgia.

That was not the original purpose of the BOB signs. It was meant to alert first responders that there was a child in the car. I think there was one well publicized case where a child died because the parent was removed from the car unconscious and the responders were not aware there was a baby in the back.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
That was not the original purpose of the BOB signs. It was meant to alert first responders that there was a child in the car. I think there was one well publicized case where a child died because the parent was removed from the car unconscious and the responders were not aware there was a baby in the back.

Oh really. Never knew that!

BernieP

Resident PIA
Stop reading now if you don't want your feelings hurt

Signs on or in your vehicle telling other drivers to beware of your problem are pure BS.
Why do I care if you have a baby on board, do you get special traffic rules or rights of way?
Ditto the "Rookie Driver" sign.

As my momma use to say, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

There is no "beltway" training area. If your darling is tense behind the wheel, stick to the neighborhood streets until they are more comfortable. Don't put others at risk because they need to learn.

Right or wrong, people are going to tailgate, learn to deal with it. If you want to cause an accident, then be an ass. Otherwise, do the speed limit, drive properly and ignore them.

Still would like to hear what a "Baby on Board" sign is supposed to indicate - that you lost a few brain cells along the way?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Stop reading now if you don't want your feelings hurt Signs on or in your vehicle telling other drivers to beware of your problem are pure BS. Why do I care if you have a baby on board, do you get special traffic rules or rights of way? Ditto the "Rookie Driver" sign. As my momma use to say, if you can't handle the heat, stay out of the kitchen. There is no "beltway" training area. If your darling is tense behind the wheel, stick to the neighborhood streets until they are more comfortable. Don't put others at risk because they need to learn. Right or wrong, people are going to tailgate, learn to deal with it. If you want to cause an accident, then be an ass. Otherwise, do the speed limit, drive properly and ignore them. Still would like to hear what a "Baby on Board" sign is supposed to indicate - that you lost a few brain cells along the way?

You didn't read the whole thread, did you.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Signs on or in your vehicle telling other drivers to beware of your problem are pure BS.
Why do I care if you have a baby on board, do you get special traffic rules or rights of way?

There is no "beltway" training area. If your darling is tense behind the wheel, stick to the neighborhood streets until they are more comfortable. Don't put others at risk because they need to learn.

Right or wrong, people are going to tailgate, learn to deal with it. If you want to cause an accident, then be an ass. Otherwise, do the speed limit, drive properly and ignore them.

Still would like to hear what a "Baby on Board" sign is supposed to indicate - that you lost a few brain cells along the way?

The only reason we have the Rookie Driver thing posted in our back window (not attached) is because I wasn't sure if it had to be posted. In many circumstances, my son drives one particular vehicle just because he prefers that one over the other. However, we are insisting that he learns on each vehicle so he can get used to how different cars drive. We don't move the Rookie Driver sign from one vehicle to another. Just thought since it was given out, it needed to be posted. :shrug:

The only reason we have the Rookie Driver thing posted in our back window (not attached) is because I wasn't sure if it had to be posted. In many circumstances, my son drives one particular vehicle just because he prefers that one over the other. However, we are insisting that he learns on each vehicle so he can get used to how different cars drive. We don't move the Rookie Driver sign from one vehicle to another. Just thought since it was given out, it needed to be posted. :shrug:

No. It really is just a 'joke' bumper sticker. Not to be taken seriously.

black dog

Free America

Are you that fat bald headed white guy that drives the black vette like a Ahole that drives from New Market Turner to Pax every day ?
He drives like you think, no respect for others, tailgating, passing on blind curves and on and on.

Really? DMV passes them out to the new drivers and parents.

They may, but as pointed out, they seem to attract more negative attention than desired. And once the sticker is on/in the car, anyone driving gets a double-look. That, in my mind, is a distraction. I would not use it myself.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
They may, but as pointed out, they seem to attract more negative attention than desired. And once the sticker is on/in the car, anyone driving gets a double-look. That, in my mind, is a distraction. I would not use it myself.

Ours was lost Day One. She was kind of sorry about that when I had her drive the beltway to Ellicott City and back. :lol:

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Ours was lost Day One. She was kind of sorry about that when I had her drive the beltway to Ellicott City and back. :lol:

I wish our son had a little more hesitation. Speed demon from Day One! Driving 80 mph down I95 like he had been driving for years instead of a month!

Christy

b*tch rocket

I concur. :yay:

glhs837

Power with Control
I wish our son had a little more hesitation. Speed demon from Day One! Driving 80 mph down I95 like he had been driving for years instead of a month!

So he stayed with the flow of traffic in the right lane? Good. Nobody likes a lane blocker :)